VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The Trump Admin has given up on trying to control COVID...first the WH says there is no way they will control it and Pence hasn't met with US Gov's in over a month. They just aren't trying anymore

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1322202923460419587

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
The Trump Admin has given up on trying to control COVID...first the WH says there is no way they will control it and Pence hasn't met with US Gov's in over a month. They just aren't trying anymore

Or maybe the federal government is putting all of its efforts right now into treatments and vaccines. Instead of giving up they've redirected energies to where it might actually serve a better purpose.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Here you go again.... This is from yesterday.

https://www.voanews.com/covid-19-pandemic/white-house-task-force-warns-unrelenting-spread-covid-19

The White House Coronavirus Task Force warned Thursday of an “unrelenting” spread of the virus, particularly across the western half of the country, Reuters reported.

Members of the task force are reportedly pushing for aggressive measures to quell the spread of the virus.

The United States has confirmed more than 8.9 million cases of COVID-19 and recorded more than 228,000 deaths as of Thursday, according to data from the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center.

"We continue to see unrelenting, broad community spread in the Midwest, Upper Midwest and West. This will require aggressive mitigation to control both the silent, asymptomatic spread and symptomatic spread," said the task force’s report to one state, according to CNN.

The task force’s most prominent member, Dr. Anthony Fauci, told CNBC Wednesday that the coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. is “going in the wrong direction.”

Last edited:

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
https://twitter.com/AirBossUT5/status/1322205551871381505?s=20
It's because the Midwest is more valuable. AZ is a good number of votes, but if you want to win, you've got to get the upper MW.

There's a couple of scenario's where Biden can lose both Florida AND Ohio and still take the election. And if you're asking me in my non-scientific, how many signs do I see in my middle class neighborhood, it's shocking the number of Biden signs. I still think AZ goes for Biden and Kelly.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Sen. Gardner (CO) helped get the BLM moved to Grand Junction, CO. Logic was to put the agency, that predominately serves the West, out WEST! Bureaucrats fought it like hell at the time.
27 positions moved to Grand Junction and 30 or so going to the Denver Fed Center that has 6,000 federal employees already and is the largest concentration of Federal employees outside of DC.

It is good and was supported and pushed by Michael Bennet too. But not some huge shift of positions. It didn't even tick up the federal employees in Colorado by 1%.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
It's because the Midwest is more valuable. AZ is a good number of votes, but if you want to win, you've got to get the upper MW.

There's a couple of scenario's where Biden can lose both Florida AND Ohio and still take the election. And if you're asking me in my non-scientific, how many signs do I see in my middle class neighborhood, it's shocking the number of Biden signs. I still think AZ goes for Biden and Kelly.
Out of curiosity, where's your neighborhood?

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
27 positions moved to Grand Junction and 30 or so going to the Denver Fed Center that has 6,000 federal employees already and is the largest concentration of Federal employees outside of DC.

It is good and was supported and pushed by Michael Bennet too. But not some huge shift of positions. It didn't even tick up the federal employees in Colorado by 1%.
You're right, it was bipartisan with Bennett too.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
You're right, it was bipartisan with Bennett too.
They had a pretty big purge of DC employees which some people were upset about. But I have dealt with BLM for energy stuff and they were purposely painful. So hopefully it will help to have Colorado people fill some of those rolls. They seem to be a good mix of backgrounds and obviously will be more in sync with actual BLM land issues.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
What would you think of decentralizing Washington DC? The federal beaucracy could split up to various parts of the country and the increasing powerful departments would be made to listen to various views of people. Now our beaucracy is in my view too powerful and needs to decentralized out here in the hinderlands.
I am open minded enough to look at reasonable proposals. But i suspect that kind of thing may lead to more infighting, you do need a structure of shared authority otherwise nothing would probably ever get done. It would be worse than it is now

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Damn, The Trump hotel is charging people $1000 per night and access to this party on Election night at Trump Towers in DC with Trump and his family in attendance. It is now sold out.

NY Times report Trump was pulling out of the party and would watch the news at the WH. Eric Trump confirmed this today on Fox News when asked about the party at the Trump hotel, he informed them they would be watching from the WH and not at the party
https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/1322240648318210048