VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You work in medical field right? I find that to be especially true there. That is one of the main reasons I enjoy working in the energy field. You have people who are well educated and people who worked hard for 30 years without a formal education both in leadership rolls. It makes for a much more respectful environment.
That's a bit of a generalization on my part, in most cases people are more kind and somewhat easier to work with than years ago when I first entered the field.

Oct 30, 2007
The land does vote, because we are not one massive state. We are a union of states that each have a different voice. Each district in each state has a voice in what happens in that state, just like each state has a voice in what happens in our Republic.
A lot of people don't seem to understand this. During the Constitutional Convention, larger states wanted congressional representation based off population and smaller states wanted equal representation. They came up with a plan known as "The Great Compromise." They structured the House based off of population and the Senate equally. The Electoral College reflects this compromise as well since votes are allocated based off of each state's number of representatives in the House & Senate.

Our founding fathers structured the Constitution to provide smaller states a seat at the table through the Senate & EC. Individual votes were never intended to be weighted the same.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
A lot of people don't seem to understand this. During the Constitutional Convention, larger states wanted congressional representation based off population and smaller states wanted equal representation. They came up with a plan known as "The Great Compromise." They structured the House based off of population and the Senate equally. The Electoral College reflects this compromise as well since votes are allocated based off of each state's number of representatives in the House & Senate.

Our founding fathers structured the Constitution to provide smaller states a seat at the table through the Senate & EC. Individual votes were never intended to be weighted the same.
Well said and explained. Unfortunately, some people believe this revisionist history that The Atlantic published.

I saw this article first on Facebook from a co-worker of mine who is one of the nicest humans alive. She posted the article with the comment that she didn’t know the electoral college history and that was should stop using the electoral college due to its racist past.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/11/electoral-college-racist-origins/601918/

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
It is very interesting to me how people on political sides can skim everything looking for the worst of what some people on the other political side do so they can add their own hyperbole, generalize it to all, then complain and call the other side divisive.
Because, you know, it isn't the least bit divisive to do that..........
4 stages of Human Mental or Emphatic Growth

1). Me. I’m hungry. I’m cold. I’m happy or sad.
2). We. We are a family. We are a church. We are a political party. We are a sports team. We are a town.
3). Us. Includes me and we. Includes others outside the we. We are Americans. We are humans. We are earthlings.
4). All of everything. Not just the earth but compassion for the cosmos. The dead. The living. The future living.

This is just a summary obviously. Ancient Egyptians knew about this but didn’t order it the same. Any person can be anywhere at anytime on any of the stages depending on the subject. This is just the average order.

I point this out because our media makes its living by keeping as many Americans as possible in stage 2. Sad part is people allow themselves to be placed there. Even if they’ve mastered all 4 stages.

Millions of Americans are upset if Trump wins. Millions upset if he loses. Almost none of them have ever even met him. Yet, both sides are willing to fight each other over him. Or Joe. Or Kerry. Or HRC.

This is my concern. Because of our unique circumstances in public education, first amendment, social media, politician adornment and celebrity ideology- I flat out fear that Americans no longer even care about stage 3 let alone 4. In my personal life I have to use these stages daily in my dealings and work. And I’m telling you this because? This observation.
It is very interesting to me how people on political sides can skim everything looking for the worst of what some people on the other political side do so they can add their own hyperbole, generalize it to all, then complain and call the other side divisive.
Because, you know, it isn't the least bit divisive to do that..

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
4 stages of Human Mental or Emphatic Growth

1). Me. I’m hungry. I’m cold. I’m happy or sad.
2). We. We are a family. We are a church. We are a political party. We are a sports team. We are a town.
3). Us. Includes me and we. Includes others outside the we. We are Americans. We are humans. We are earthlings.
4). All of everything. Not just the earth but compassion for the cosmos. The dead. The living. The future living.

This is just a summary obviously. Ancient Egyptians knew about this but didn’t order it the same. Any person can be anywhere at anytime on any of the stages depending on the subject. This is just the average order.

I point this out because our media makes its living by keeping as many Americans as possible in stage 2. Sad part is people allow themselves to be placed there. Even if they’ve mastered all 4 stages.

Millions of Americans are upset if Trump wins. Millions upset if he loses. Almost none of them have ever even met him. Yet, both sides are willing to fight each other over him. Or Joe. Or Kerry. Or HRC.

This is my concern. Because of our unique circumstances in public education, first amendment, social media, politician adornment and celebrity ideology- I flat out fear that Americans no longer even care about stage 3 let alone 4. In my personal life I have to use these stages daily in my dealings and work. And I’m telling you this because? This observation.
Because, you know, it isn't the least bit divisive to do that..
If you can spend your life in stage 3 and 4 you are a good man as you appear to be.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Well said and explained. Unfortunately, some people believe this revisionist history that The Atlantic published.

I saw this article first on Facebook from a co-worker of mine who is one of the nicest humans alive. She posted the article with the comment that she didn’t know the electoral college history and that was should stop using the electoral college due to its racist past.
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2019/11/electoral-college-racist-origins/601918/
As much as this conversation has turned. No one has thought what it would mean 50 years from now. 100 years. When the global population starts to marginalize, what will our new system do to the minority? People think this applies to racial arguments but there’s so much more. What happens when Rhode Island or Florida lose population to sea rise or disease or radiation fall out? Should they be at the mercy of Utah? When the world is 80% tan, what will they do to the blacks, whites, reds, yellows? Do we really want to give them the power to take us back 200 years?

Mar 11, 2006
she says “llet’s use brain cells” before posting things on the internet...

https://twitter.com/gitrdonelarry/status/1326245617513926657?s=21
Her interpretation of Biden’s tax plan is sure not going to fund the guaranteed income she wants and some on here have called for.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
sad thing is, a lot of voters out there with her level of knowledge.
Some kind of EXTENSIVE education In the following should be required at some point in the lives of the Biden/Harris youth, although I do acknowledge it’s worthless if many of today’s professors provide the instruction:

Personal finance, including the taxation process
Written communication
Basic business administration, including the taxation process

Mar 11, 2006
My first thought is this has to be fake, but it is CNN.

I find it incredibly hard to believe a “news” organization, even CNN, would have a list of Senators who have not called to congratulate Biden.
What’s next? Congressman who didn’t send Kamala Harris a birthday card?
https://twitter.com/chrisstigall/status/1326225514462371842?s=21

Status
Not open for further replies.