VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
He only called to find out how they were doing.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
How do you know this? She immediately afterwards tried to reverse course. So that clearly points to tampering.

If Trump cares so much, please point me to his statement regarding the 6 American military members killed in Egypt last week.
Because she said so after the allegations came out.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I think the headline mischaracterized what Tucker was saying. I watched his clip on this and with the one about Sidney Powell. He said what I think a journalist should say. He stated clearly and repeatedly that the media should listen to their allegations and if they are credible to investigate and report. But he also said clearly and repeatedly that he has invited Powell to be on his show and talk about any evidence they have ....but Powell and Rudy have not done so.

Yes, he juxtaposed how the media jumped on allegations of Russia collusion, but I think that is fair...because they did without much evidence. Tucker's point was that the media should listen, but that Powell and Rudy need to provide evidence.
Trump has had over 25 lawsuits on this election thrown out of court (and several more withdrawn) because they can't provide evidence. How many MORE allegations do you need to listen too?

Give me your number, how many more baseless allegations will it take ??
None of those were trump lawsuits. They've only filed like 3-4 suits.
All those other suits were other people.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I noticed it got quiet in here from some of our more outspoken Trump supporters. I've heard again and again how it's unacceptable to protest at people's homes. I completely agree with this that it is unacceptable. So, are the Trump supporters going to condemn this? It's a right wing protest outside of Katie Hobbs house.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-p...-violence-video-shows-protesters-outside-home
I say the same thing I've said before. Don't go to people's homes. It's wrong.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I noticed it got quiet in here from some of our more outspoken Trump supporters. I've heard again and again how it's unacceptable to protest at people's homes. I completely agree with this that it is unacceptable. So, are the Trump supporters going to condemn this? It's a right wing protest outside of Katie Hobbs house.

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-p...-violence-video-shows-protesters-outside-home
I'd prefer to not put myself in the "outspoken Trump" camp but I have blasted the idiots protesting outside people's homes and it does go both ways. Back to a point I've attempted to make a couple of times, with any protest you should be working towards moving public opinion to your side. Intimidating people minding their own business in public or going to people's homes is an embarrassment to your side and unproductive.

Anger is not a valid political perspective.
Exactly

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Trump has had over 25 lawsuits on this election thrown out of court (and several more withdrawn) because they can't provide evidence. How many MORE allegations do you need to listen too?

Give me your number, how many more baseless allegations will it take ??
That is not what I am saying or debating. I said the headline was incorrect capturing what Tucker said. He stated pretty clearly that Powell was not providing evidence. He statement was that journalist should consider claims seriously and that he would give Powell a forum to lay out the evidence, but she has not done so.
So every lawyer should lay out their evidence in public BEFORE going to court. Tucker is wrong in this.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

They shouldn't make it personal like this, absolutely agree.

Now, do you condemn such action from the left?

What about Detroit I believe it was where election officials (Republicans) were publicly slandered, harassed, intimidated, and doxed by other city officials?

Did you condemn BLM supporters, Antifa, and others for attacking Trump supporters at their rally recently in Washington DC?
What about the Antifa and BLM supporters that march up and down neighborhoods, at midnight and after, banging drums and yelling at people in their homes?
Do the non-trump supporters on here condemn that?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
What about the Antifa and BLM supporters that march up and down neighborhoods, at midnight and after, banging drums and yelling at people in their homes?

I think that is called protesting....marching in the streets, banging drums, yelling. That is all protected by the Constitution as long as they are doing it peacefully. The Constitution never really put an actual Time Clock or a Map Location on when/where you were allowed to practice the Rights it protects

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I think that is called protesting....marching in the streets, banging drums, yelling. That is all protected by the Constitution as long as they are doing it peacefully. The Constitution never really put an actual Time Clock or a Map Location on when/where you were allowed to practice the Rights it protects
Sure it did.

"the right of the people peaceably to assemble"

Obstruction of other peoples rights is not "peaceable". When your protest blocks public access to streets, public places, peoples homes or violates reasonable noise and hours, that is not peaceable.

I'm also pretty sure you can't "peacefully" protest on private property.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Sure it did.

"the right of the people peaceably to assemble"

Obstruction of other peoples rights is not "peaceable". When your protest blocks public access to streets, public places, peoples homes or violates reasonable noise and hours, that is not peaceable.

I'm also pretty sure you can't "peacefully" protest on private property.
He didn't say anything about private property..he said in the streets. He didn't say they were blocking the public streets....and I'm glad you think that violating reasonable noise levels after arbitrary times on a clock someone takes away someone's constitutional rights

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

To his credit, he did.

Absolutely. BLM is a horrible organization that is essentially using racial issues to foment a marxist revolution. Antifa is exactly the same, only more violent. Their methods aren't much different from the Nazi's in 1930's Germany (antifa specifically, BLM is a more diverse crowd). They bully and threaten strangers to comply or face physical retribution.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
He didn't say anything about private property..he said in the streets. He didn't say they were blocking the public streets....and I'm glad you think that violating reasonable noise levels after arbitrary times on a clock someone takes away someone's constitutional rights
You don't have a constitutional right to peaceful rest? Or is banging drums all night long up and down the public street in front of your home a peaceful protest?

I wasn't talking about what he said. I was talking about what you said that the constitution does not have any restrictions on time or location. That simply is not true.

Oct 7, 2008
This thread might just be too despairing for me to pay attention to anymore. All I know is as someone who grew up Republican and identified as an R five short years ago, it's incredibly sad to watch what the party has become and how low current Republicans are willing to go to support this administration. And all for a human as undeniably awful as Donald Trump. When future generations learn about this era, and ask us how this could happen and how so many Americans could support such a cruel and just laughably incompetent administration, we'll still only be able to look back at them and answer with the same amount of perplexity, "I have no idea."

OSUspears12

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Dec 21, 2011
This thread might just be too despairing for me to pay attention to anymore. All I know is as someone who grew up Republican and identified as an R five short years ago, it's incredibly sad to watch what the party has become and how low current Republicans are willing to go to support this administration. And all for a human as undeniably awful as Donald Trump. When future generations learn about this era, and ask us how this could happen and how so many Americans could support such a cruel and just laughably incompetent administration, we'll still only be able to look back at them and answer with the same amount of perplexity, "I have no idea."
Dramatic much? Give me a break

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
How are Antifa or BLM remotely similar to the Nazi Party?

The Nazi Party had a clearly defined leader(Hitler). Who held a high federal political office in the 1930's. The Nazi Party held more seats than any other German Party during the 1930's.

Point me to the equivalent leader for Anitfa or BLM. Point me to where Antifa or BLM control more than a handful of seats anywhere. Antifa and BLMs methods are radically different from the Nazi Party. Antifa and BLM are not embracing elected officials at all really. Mostly just protesting and pushing for "social justice". The Nazi movement was a systematic creation of their own political party to take over a political system.
Methods vs history vs goals. This is classic early Nazi party tactics - and they also started with next to no representation in the Reichstag. I would put us now equivalent 1920-1921.

This is classic. Show up, demand compliance, ostracize and threaten anyone that doesn't comply.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSnTTND0UcM

Look at this wonderful push for social justice. To me, this looks like comply or else. Now who does that remind me of.... ?

1605903501187.png

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Guess who the director of the Election Crimes Branch at the Criminal Division of the United States Department of Justice is.

Richard Pilger.

Richard Pilger had previously been involved in the IRS targeting controversy, after being linked to Lois Lerner. In 2013, the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) revealed that it had selected Republican political groups applying for tax-exempt status for intensive scrutiny based on their names or political themes.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Guess who the director of the Election Crimes Branch at the Criminal Division of the United States Department of Justice is.

Richard Pilger.

Richard Pilger had previously been involved in the IRS targeting controversy, after being linked to Lois Lerner. In 2013, the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) revealed that it had selected Republican political groups applying for tax-exempt status for intensive scrutiny based on their names or political themes.
No he isn't. He resigned that position 2 weeks ago after Barr encouraged the DoJ to begin to investigate the election while votes were still being counted.