VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
American Thinker and contributors Andrea Widburg, R.D. Wedge, Brian Tomlinson, and Peggy Ryan have published pieces on www.AmericanThinker.com that falsely accuse US Dominion Inc., Dominion Voting Systems, Inc., and Dominion Voting Systems Corporation (collectively “Dominion”) of conspiring to steal the November 2020 election from Donald Trump. These pieces rely on discredited sources who have peddled debunked theories about Dominion’s supposed ties to Venezuela, fraud on Dominion’s machines that resulted in massive vote switching or weighted votes, and other claims falsely stating that there is credible evidence that Dominion acted fraudulently.
These statements are completely false and have no basis in fact. Industry experts and public officials alike have confirmed that Dominion conducted itself appropriately and that there is simply no evidence to support these claims.
It was wrong for us to publish these false statements. We apologize to Dominion for all of the harm this caused them and their employees. We also apologize to our readers for abandoning 9 journalistic principles and misrepresenting Dominion’s track record and its limited role in tabulating votes for the November 2020 election. We regret this grave error.

Apr 14, 2009
I hope Dominion takes the wingnut media to the mat and kicks a couple hundred million out of there Bank accounts!!
Mainly because the A$$ hats knew it’s was all BULLS#*+!!!

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Question for the internets...can you pardon someone if they haven't been convicted of anything yet? I would think no...
Ford pardoned Nixon. Nixon was never convicted of anything. Never even charged with anything.

Hell, Flynn hadn’t been convicted yet.

So he definitely can pardon someone that hasn’t been convicted of anything yet.

There are complicated issues regarding the legal effect and meaning of a advance blanket pardon though.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
Ford pardoned Nixon. Nixon was never convicted of anything. Never even charged with anything.

Hell, Flynn hadn’t been convicted yet.

So he definitely can pardon someone that hasn’t been convicted of anything yet.

There are complicated issues regarding the legal effect and meaning of a advance blanket pardon though.
I have read (but I am not sure if it is accurate) that once a pardon has been accepted that you cannot plead the 5th and must answer all questions; is that correct? Which mean that if Flynn or whoever is pardon would have to testify of be held for contempt of court, right?

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
I have read (but I am not sure if it is accurate) that once a pardon has been accepted that you cannot plead the 5th and must answer all questions; is that correct? Which mean that if Flynn or whoever is pardon would have to testify of be held for contempt of court, right?
Mostly, yes. If they were questioned surrounding the crime for which they were pardoned, there would be no risk of self incrimination.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I fully believe it started out as a joke. However, with all the actual white supremacists using it now, it is kind of hard to view it just that way anymore. Eventually it will be just a hate sign. Although, I agree right now it is still in-between the joke and hate phase, and it is really hard to read someone’s mind.
So you are against aoc using it recently? I mean, normal people use it all the time.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I agree bad optics. Shouldn't be underage drinking period, shouldn't be out.
But the ok symbol is not a gang sign. Can we be done with that stupid 4chan prank already..

When he is doing it right next to a violent gang member......it's either a "gang sign" or it's deliberate provocation by its use.

Oh look...I'm accused of murder...I'm gonna hang out with Proud Boy gang members and make a "joke" about white supremacy from 4Chan. :rolleyes::blink:
No he wasn't making a joke He was giving the okay sign. Which if you look at the way the people that are supposedly co-opting it for actual racist use they don't hold it up like that.

CowboyJD

A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
No he wasn't making a joke He was giving the okay sign. Which if you look at the way the people that are supposedly co-opting it for actual racist use they don't hold it up like that.

Oh lord.

Just giving an “okay sign”....while hanging out with Proud Boys....nothing to see here....good white boy protecting America....a hero even. :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.