VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2011
Damn straight! We have a vaccine and we are nearing the end...we better be anyway. In six months this SHOULD be a thing of our past. In Oklahoma we have given over 200K shots and had over 350K cases...with a population of 4 million that means we very basically have about 550K known people who should currently have some form of immunity. Once we get to 70-75% herd immunity we should be golden...this doesn't mean that we are currently golden...just that we should be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
if you draw out a linear line of the current deathrate to zero in 6 months that is 225k more people dead, I am not a hawk on Covid but I think it isn't quite time to hang the mission accomplished banner yet.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
How would it be good for Oklahoma?
Of course it depends on who you believe and if it runs through your property or not I would assume. But the state has mostly been for it per my understanding as are most of my friends who work in the industry. I'll have to talk to others to see if they oppose due to their own companies pipeline contracts and intrest. I would bet that it is an overall loss/gain argument depending on how it effects each company and person. Maybe I'm just guilty of assuming it was good for us...Thoughts?
https://www.koco.com/article/energy...peline-project-could-be-problematic/35259149#
https://www.globalenergyinstitute.org/benefits-keystone-xl

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
if you draw out a linear line of the current deathrate to zero in 6 months that is 225k more people dead, I am not a hawk on Covid but I think it isn't quite time to hang the mission accomplished banner yet.
This outlook is why I'm such a big support of getting the vaccine. I see this as out biggest, by far, tool to lower death rate and get past this.

Sep 22, 2011
This outlook is why I'm such a big support of getting the vaccine. I see this as out biggest, by far, tool to lower death rate and get past this.
Is anyone not in favor of Vaccine Development? You also Cite how many doses have been given out in Oklahoma, How many were first doses in anticipation of an increased supply that was promised by the trump administration that doesn't exist? Do we know if the vaccine is effective if the second dose is delayed? How many people are going to be delayed their first dose because of the lack of supply? We have a Long, Long, Long way to go before this thing is over by any stretch of the imagination. I think we have turned a corner after the Glut of cases and death after the holidays and winter, and the Vaccine eventually hitting critical mass, but its is not time to celebrate by any means

Status
Not open for further replies.