VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Why I could never vote for Trump and why I cannot understand how Christians can. We don't need scumbag shadow government breaking our laws. If he doesn't like it, get the law improved. Just how he runs businesses, pure sleaze.
It's quite easy to understand why conservative Christians so strongly want to vote for Trump. It's because getting all abortion banned is high amongst their most important issues and Trump claims to support that. Christians also love Trump because he wants to repeal the Johnson Amendment, even though he can't do that.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
It's very true how Obama had righted the ship for Trump. Did Obama cause a recession that Trump had to take care of? No. Did Trump show Obama how you really speed up the economy by producing 6% quarterly GNP increases like he said he would? Hell, no! If you and others on here are too helplessly blind and shut minded to see the truth, then that most certainly is your problem. It sure isn't mine.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Pretty simple. Taking a life/murder is a sin.

And when your theology (and the Bible) clearly states life begins at conception, then abortion is a sin.

Any theology that misinterprets the Bible to allow, or excuse, abortion is just bad theology.
*Your interpretation of the Bible states that life begins at conception. I am truly curious, what verses are you saying communicates this this?

That is a very important detail that needs to be acknowledged. The fact of the matter is that the Bible does not speak clearly about modern day abortion, as nothing like it existed at the time.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1296784885311590400

It is a rare event for the East Room to be used for funeral events, outside of a ceremony for a deceased president. There is precedent, however. In 1890, President Benjamin Harrison utilized the East Room for funeral services for the wife and daughter of his Secretary of the Navy, Benjamin Tracy. The two women were killed in a fire.
And in 1936, President Franklin D. Roosevelt hosted a state funeral in the East Room for his longtime political adviser and close friend Louis Howe.
The body of Abraham Lincoln laid in state in the East Room in 1865. Three years earlier, Lincoln's 11-year-old son Willie's funeral was also held in the East Room. In 1963, John F. Kennedy laid in state in the East Room. The first presidents to have funereal services in the East Room of the White House were William Harrison in 1841, and Zachary Taylor in 1850.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
It's very true how Obama had righted the ship for Trump. Did Obama cause a recession that Trump had to take care of? No. Did Trump show Obama how you really speed up the economy by producing 6% quarterly GNP increases like he said he would? Hell, no! If you and others on here are too helplessly blind and shut minded to see the truth, then that most certainly is your problem. It sure isn't mine.
Yeah, the massive cut in regulations and tax cuts had nothing to do with it...those things never stimulate the economy. :rolleyes:

Perhaps you would enlighten us to the Obama era policies that led to the strong economy.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
*Your interpretation of the Bible states that life begins at conception. I am truly curious, what verses are you saying communicates this this?

That is a very important detail that needs to be acknowledged. The fact of the matter is that the Bible does not speak clearly about modern day abortion, as nothing like it existed at the time.
I'll apologize up front. Can't explain it any better so I'm going to copy/paste from Lutheran's for Life.

First we look to biology itself.

"The field of biology that deals with when life begins is embryology. It is embryologists, that we should turn to with the question of when life begins. Embryologists and every major textbook of Human Embryology states that a new individual human life begins at conception. An international committee called Nomina Embryologica recognizes and approves this definition as correct.

When the sperm and egg come together, a new and unique human being exists. This is true whether this union takes place in the normal way inside a women’s body or if it takes place in a petri dish. Embryologists speak of this as the beginning of life’s continuum. It is not something developing into a human being. It is a developing human being. He or she will continue to develop through the various stages of life. There is no other point where you could say biologically or logically “This is where life begins.” To do so would be arbitrary, subjective, and contrary to established scientific fact.

When it comes to biology, the answer to the question of when life begins is not complicated. Embryologists tell us unequivocally that there is a new and unique human life at the moment of conception."

Then we turn to the Bible.

"The Bible does not use language that is as specific as sperm and egg coming together in a fallopian tube. Biblical language expresses the idea that God is intimately involved in our being formed from the very beginning. Psalm 139:13 says, “For You created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.” The word “knit” expresses a personal “hands on” involvement from the very beginning. It is interesting to read this verse picturing the intricacies of a DNA molecule. It is almost as if it is “knit” together!

The word “womb” used here is not as specific as “uterus.” It has the idea of “inside” and can be used of the entire lower abdomen. We know that life does not begin in the womb (uterus) but in the fallopian tube. This new little boy or girl has developed for six or seven days before establishing residence in the uterus. The word “womb” as used in Psalm 139, does not restrict God’s action to the uterus and thus does not contradict biology.

The fact that Jesus’ human life began when He was “conceived by the Holy Spirit” affirms that human life is present at the moment of conception. Elizabeth and her unborn son John acknowledge Jesus as already existing within Mary (Luke 1:39-45). Since Mary left to visit Elizabeth immediately after the message from the angel, Jesus may not even have been implanted in her uterus when this encounter took place! To accomplish our salvation, Jesus shared in our humanity (Hebrews 2:14). He became like us in every respect except He was without sin (Hebrews 4:15). Since we are sinful from the moment of conception (Psalm 51:5), we are human beings in need of salvation from the moment of conception. Jesus had to begin as we did.

Embryologists have discovered the Biblical truth that human life begins at conception."

Last edited:

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
What is concerning me is the number who may not vote because Sanders is not running or Biden picked the wrong running mate, giving Jackass 4 more years.
If the Democrats would stop pandering to the radical left and go back to pandering to center left and moderates like they used to, they would win in a Reaganesque landslide.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
https://twitter.com/cnni/status/1296784885311590400

It is a rare event for the East Room to be used for funeral events, outside of a ceremony for a deceased president. There is precedent, however. In 1890, President Benjamin Harrison utilized the East Room for funeral services for the wife and daughter of his Secretary of the Navy, Benjamin Tracy. The two women were killed in a fire.
And in 1936, President Franklin D. Roosevelt hosted a state funeral in the East Room for his longtime political adviser and close friend Louis Howe.
The body of Abraham Lincoln laid in state in the East Room in 1865. Three years earlier, Lincoln's 11-year-old son Willie's funeral was also held in the East Room. In 1963, John F. Kennedy laid in state in the East Room. The first presidents to have funereal services in the East Room of the White House were William Harrison in 1841, and Zachary Taylor in 1850.
Very interesting. Didn’t know about Willie. Now that I’ve learned my new fact for the day, I’m done.

Status
Not open for further replies.