[ESPN] Teams most likely to win the BCS Title

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 6, 2008
True and that's something I actually worry about. If Texas could get the screw job last season, just think of what those "computers" could do to us if things came down to us and USC, OU, Florida, etc, etc.....
Exactly.Last season proved that the BCS determination of a National Champion is just as mythical as it has always been.The Sooners did not deserve to be playing in the game over a Texas team which beat them head to head and had the same record.

carebearscare

Banned
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
New York, New York
Hell I had about 25 yards I mowed weekly from March-November in highschool and into college until I couldnt handle it anymore and made $600-$700/week durin the summer months and only worked 3 or 4 days a week. That was alot of money for a kid in highschool with no bills. I bought a brand new truck and paid it off in three years with money I made mowing yards.
I was in Stillwater from 99 to 02. At that time, there was a guy in town who had a crew working for him doing commercial mowing jobs. He was an OSU ag education grad, but he made at least triple (probably more) a teacher's salary by mowing lawns. :) He spent the winter months just working on construction projects around his very large and nice home.

Mar 22, 2009
True and that's something I actually worry about. If Texas could get the screw job last season, just think of what those "computers" could do to us if things came down to us and USC, OU, Florida, etc, etc.....
Exactly.Last season proved that the BCS determination of a National Champion is just as mythical as it has always been.The Sooners did not deserve to be playing in the game over a Texas team which beat them head to head and had the same record.

You know what's funny. In week 6 of the BCS, Novemember 23 before the oSu-OU game both the "human polls" had OU ahead of UT, the computers didn't!

After OU won convincingly in Stillwater (a ranked team), and UT ran up the score against aTm (unranked...IN AUSTIN...in front of the LARGEST CROWD ever at a Big 12 conference game), OU LOST ground in both human polls!

USA Today still had OU ahead of UT, in the final poll before the Big 12 Championship.

So either voters didn't think much of a win in Stilly, or Macks suck job worked.

NewMexPoke84

Ou still sucks
Aug 27, 2008
OKC
Its nice to be mentioned, but we still looking up at two teams in the south in that list.

I dont care what the SEC says the big 12 south is the most difficult division in college football
Has there ever been a time when 3 teams in the same DIVISION finished the regular season 11-1? Seriously that was nuts.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Oh yeah, and on the topic. I think we can get to and win a BCS game, the title would be a bit of a surprise and would take the big upset of ou in norman not to mention running the table, which is possible, just really hard. If ever there was a year for the boys, it think this is it. Getting off to a good start with Georgia is going to be way important.
If you believe that OSU can get to and win a BCS game, then how do you figure beating OU would be a "big" upset?