Facebook - account disabled

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I shut down and disabled my account years ago and don't regret it. My wife still has an account to keep up with the kids, and she has shown my a few pics of kids and grand kids. Otherwise I don't think I missed a thing I would have been interested in. I'm not anti-technology; just don't like Facebook.
I'm 52 and I've never been on Facebook. My wife is and keeps up with old classmates for me. I don't have the Twitter either. My social media consists of Orangepower.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I shut down and disabled my account years ago and don't regret it. My wife still has an account to keep up with the kids, and she has shown my a few pics of kids and grand kids. Otherwise I don't think I missed a thing I would have been interested in. I'm not anti-technology; just don't like Facebook.
I'm 52 and I've never been on Facebook. My wife is and keeps up with old classmates for me. I don't have the Twitter either. My social media consists of Orangepower.

I would probably do the same, but I’m a single dad. No wife to keep in touch with friends/family online.

I keep in touch with my oldest college in Boston (their campus police updates, recital links, parent page, etc), what’s going on at Plainview HS, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I guess I'm getting too old or the ambien is kill brain cells, but I have no idea how. I can get to the support/help forum, I can see my logo... but it will just not let me post. Anything. I click SUBMIT and it just sits there. Do you have other ways you could link up if you have spare time? I'd be beyond thankful.
I have a forum I'm on that has a guy that codes for Facebook. I'll check and see what he says.

Can’t tell you how much I appreciate that.

No answer yet from the other guy.
But have you tried multiple phone numbers?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I’m not sure if your guy read your post/message but this morning I saw that I’m back up!!! Whew! I got a suggestion, which I didn’t know about.... I had to text START to Facebook. I didn’t realize I wouldn’t get a text unless I did that. Not sure if that fixed it but this morning the page is back. Whew.

Glad to hear everything's working out good for you they're rhino. I'm not sure if he's the reason because I didn't give him your name.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Facebooks ok, except for the constant barrage of political posts both democrat and republican Reminds me of what The Dude said in the Big Lebowski. “You’re not wrong Walter, you’re just an a-hole”

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Facebook takes your information and sells it. Technological "soylent green". Don't know if this still works: but several years ago, before I closed the account I experimented. I put my location/address Ethiopia and later a couple of other third world countries. I began to get popup ads on web pages and emails from the Canadian and British health systems asking if I was a doctor or nurse. If I was, they would pay to immigrate me to Canadian or British to work national health systems.

The only way they could have come up with me as a potential immigration candidate was if they were getting information from Facebook. It also said a lot about how desperate the Canadian and British health systems were.