1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Facilities/Construction Update

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by OrangeForever, Jan 7, 2014.

1. OrangeForever

OrangeForever Member of the SAS
    A/V Subscriber

Some sports, some non-sports, but regardless, more going on around campus than I knew about.

Auxiliary library, residence hall just two constructions projects at O-State

STILLWATER, Okla. — The Oklahoma State University campus will be receiving a facelift this year. Many construction projects are under way and several more will start this year.

Read More

• Like Like x 7
  2. Cowboys_Blues

Cowboys_Blues Deputy

Oklahoma State, the campus of ongoing construction projects.

• Like Like x 3
  3. OSUfan88

OSUfan88 Deputy

Hey, it makes Construction Management courses that much more fun!

• Like Like x 2
  4. AshlandFlash

AshlandFlash It seemed like a good idea at the time
    A/V Subscriber

Constant improvement is the blight of our existence. It really stinks to always be getting better...:woot:

• Like Like x 2
  5. PrincetonPoke23

PrincetonPoke23 Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

Sorry in advance to all that are offended/have a romantic relationship with Kerr/Drummond, but this campus will be 10 times better when those building are torn down. What eye sores. What will take their place? Also, why are they keeping Wentz?

• Like Like x 7
  6. OrangeForever

OrangeForever Member of the SAS
    A/V Subscriber

*cough* Cordell *cough*

• Like Like x 1
  7. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter

I have no problem letting Kerr/Drummond go; but, it will be sad to see them go. Alot of good times there.

• Like Like x 4
  8. El Gato Bandito

El Gato Bandito that log had a child

The new halls will be amazing, but I will be very sad when they tear down KD.

Scott-Parker-Wentz is still a money maker with the dining it has built in and the buildings have been receiving a lot of work the last couple of years. They will be sticking around for a while.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Celldweller7

Celldweller7 Territorial Marshal

So, is Edmon Low essentially becoming the study hall annex of the Student Union?

• Like Like x 1
  10. thepoker2

thepoker2 Cowboy

I heard on the Fiesta Bowl broadcast that many people associated with UCF say it stands for "under construction forever." They went on to talk about how big the university is getting and that the growing pains are just part of it.

11. osu_cowboy_007

osu_cowboy_007 Territorial Marshal

Did they secure funds for Business School?

12. Celldweller7

My understanding is that they are moving ahead, though they had to trim it back. The removal of Hanner Hall is step one. I heard Morrill Hall is safe due to trimming back, previously I was told that it was in danger. That said, Morrill Hall needs some serious attention, the building requires foundational work and a complete gutting.

13. Philranger

Philranger Territorial Marshal

Morrill does need serious work. Unfortunately it also houses one of the most seriously underfunded departments at the university, English.

I'd like to see the CIVE labs get some updating or a new building. It was really difficult to do environmental water sampling test work done when everything in the ENV lab was covered in a fine layer of concrete dust from the dudes busting cylinders next door, or having to take samples out of the lab and across the way to the ATRC to use the chromatograph.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Chi Phi Poke

Chi Phi Poke Deputy

I wonder if the school would ever consider building an underground metro system to ferry students/visitors around. Campus keeps on getting bigger and bigger and that bus system is eventually going to need to be replaced.

15. skirtguy

skirtguy We gotta go!
    Staff A/V Subscriber

Our bus system is pretty awesome right now, actually. All of the buses have been converted to CNG so they aren't blowing smoke all over campus as they drive around. Also, have a sweet Live Bus Tracking System. http://thebus.okstate.edu

We are on limited routes right now due to winter break, but when classes are in session, this is really handy for students with the tons of buses flying around campus and town.

• Like Like x 8
  16. naffigator

naffigator I am SuperKing!
    A/V Subscriber

From what I was told, Morrill was never in serious danger. Too much history and tradition there. Even though it needs major renovation, it is close to being up there with Old Central in buildings that would cause an uproar if they were torn down.

• Like Like x 2
  17. osu9400

osu9400 Cowboy

Be thankful. There was a long dry spell when the University was doing all it could to keep the lights on.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Jostate

Jostate Federal Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

I'd lie down in front of the bulldozers for Morrill. I have a post card pic of Morrill with a horse and buggy out front. It's been there a while.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Celldweller7

Then start a campaign to revitalize it, because it is a dump. I don't understand the outcry to keep a building no one cares enough about to prevent it from utter decay. I realize no one on here has the cash to change it, but we could start the movement.

20. OSU79

OSU79 Territorial Marshal
    A/V Subscriber

I like Morrill - I'd also lay you down in front of the bulldozers for it.

• Like Like x 3