1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Facilities/Construction Update

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by OrangeForever, Jan 7, 2014.

1. OSUinTX

OSUinTX Cowboy

Actually, the original armory building part of the architecture building is three stories. Too many nights on the third floor power-bombing anything with caffeine in it, chain smoking (yeah, smoking was permitted in there in the late 80s) and screaming out a blood-curdling catharsis from time to time while on your second, third or fourth night without sleep. In 1989 a classmate fell off the roof (wanted to watch the sunrise). Bet he knows exactly how many floors there are, too.

• Like Like x 2
  2. OSUfan88

OSUfan88 Deputy

That's just foolish. According to that logic, everything built ever is cheaply built. Boone Pickens Stadium is cheaply built as it was built by the same company (Flintco).

• Like Like x 1
  3. GoPokes150

GoPokes150 Cowboy

How's the progress on the Business school coming?

4. PrincetonPoke23

PrincetonPoke23 Sheriff
    A/V Subscriber

Any news on renderings of a new soccer stadium? What's the word on that project?

5. Noven

Noven 'Neer Deez Nutz
    A/V Subscriber

Oh have you not heard? It was my understanding that everyone had heard...

• Like Like x 2
  6. msq2

msq2 Banned
    Banned

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. cowboycramer

cowboycramer Deputy

They have cleared the stacks (classrooms, stairwell, etc.) on the far north side of the old building, as well as the trees and what looks like two rows of parking :cursing:

Nothing other than that and some dirt work. Moving pretty slow. Lots of utilities work in the area. I think that could be the slow down.

I'll try to go over and get some photos this week.

8. oldguy

oldguy Greenhorn

I heard that they cancelled the new soccer stadium and that the only project left for the athletic village is the new baseball stadium.

9. hoopjunkie

hoopjunkie Sheriff

soccer is getting a total remodel AT the location where they currently play......it was decided that the soccer team was better served right there where there was more student housing and traffic......I think the condition of the field might have had something to do with the coaches wanting to remain there as well

• Like Like x 1
  10. PistolPete'sMustache

A/V Subscriber

I know soccer isn't all that popular in America, but why would you build them a toilet seat stadium? Seems cruel..

• Like Like x 1
  11. DOG08

DOG08 Cowboy

It is probably going slower now that they decided to add a basement to the building

12. El Gato Bandito

El Gato Bandito that log had a child

That project doesn't start until baseball is finished

• Like Like x 1
  13. CTeamPoke

CTeamPoke Creator of "Dumbest Post in OP History!"
    A/V Subscriber

Well look at that. A new building that is sticking with the campus theme... Too bad the design of the new business building didn't stick with the original.

• Like Like x 3
  14. Jonkr06

Jonkr06 Territorial Marshal

Just went and looked at the new business building's design. What the hell happened? The last design I saw was awesome. This new one is not cool.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CowboySterk

CowboySterk Cowboy

I heard soccer is moving over by the Colvin/Seretean/Annex where they currently play intramurals. Not sure if it's a temporary move while they remodel or what.
    PS- I'm low man on any totem pole, so I'm sure all that is subject to change and through various people.

16. hoopjunkie

hoopjunkie Sheriff

unless something has changed since late April, according to one of the assoc. ath directors, the plan was still to completely remodel the current location.....no location change

• Like Like x 1
  17. stonewallpoke

stonewallpoke Demon Brigade
    A/V Subscriber

Got to drive by the new dorms today, and they look spiffy, in my opinion. I'm sure there's interior work still to be done, but they're either done or close to done on a retaining wall between it and Cowboy Mall.

• Like Like x 1
  18. cowboycramer

cowboycramer Deputy

This may relate, but I noticed on the Board of Regents agenda from last Friday, the university is selecting "on-call consultants to assist the University with the design and construction of new intramural sports fields."

I wonder if they will remain next to the Colvin/Seretean Wellness Center or be moved?

• Like Like x 1
  19. cowboycramer

cowboycramer Deputy

Yes, they will be finished the end of July.

Also, they are moving the awkward pedestrian crosswalk light by the Colvin down to the east at the new University Commons. Should be a light now where the street that runs in front of the Colvin intersects with HOF. Will be a much safer crosswalk for the 1,100 or so students living at the Commons.

20. CowboySterk

CowboySterk Cowboy

Oh, that's interesting. Obviously they'll have to have intramurals somewhere. I know they played rugby and some intramurals farther north just past McElroy. They may be deciding where to move them. All it really takes is large open fields that can be marked. So, I'm not sure hoe much design/construction you would need for that...