Fall Camp Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
I haven't seen an official start date for fall camp. I tried to find it with some quick googling but came up empty. Anyone know when it starts?

I figured this could also just become the overall fall camp thread. With that in mind, what storylines are you most looking forward to/keeping an eye on?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Normally the start of fall football camp is early August or around August 5th. Our first game is early this year on Thursday 9-1 so Fall Camp could start early this year. I do not see any public announcements but Gundy has a mini camp scheduled for high school players on July 30th and they are replacing turf this summer so my guess is it could start on the week of 8-1 to 8-5.

It was reported on other site that Silas Barr had to medically retire after Spring Training so he won’t be back.

I am concerned about our defense given a new DC and who will step up at RB.

Last edited:

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
RB was the key position last year and will probably be so again.

let’s hope we’ve got the horse in the stable to get it done
Not worried to much about RB. This time last year if you would have told me we would rely on a transfer RB we had never seen I would have been a little nervous

Richardson, Jeter and the newcomers should be able to step up and fill the void.

If I had a concern it would be keeping Sanders healthy. If he sustains an injury, like he’s prone to do, the offense could really sputter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jul 31, 2004
Watauga, TX
The OL will once again be key. I believe Sanders will show improvement. I believe last year the running game helped to open things up for Sanders this year I believe it will be reversed. Sanders running and passing will help open up the running game. Still for this to happen the OL will need to be healthy.

Jan 14, 2006
The OL will once again be key. I believe Sanders will show improvement. I believe last year the running game helped to open things up for Sanders this year I believe it will be reversed. Sanders running and passing will help open up the running game. Still for this to happen the OL will need to be healthy.
I think we're in good shape on the interior, biggest concern for me is OT. If we get above average play from the tackles we'll be dangerous.

Dec 16, 2019
Tulsa
I would say defense is my main concern, not only did we lose alot of talent, but some great leadership as well. I wonder who will step up at LB this year? Benson? We've been spoiled at that spot for a while now.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Not worried to much about RB. This time last year if you would have told me we would rely on a transfer RB we had never seen I would have been a little nervous

Richardson, Jeter and the newcomers should be able to step up and fill the void.

If I had a concern it would be keeping Sanders healthy. If he sustains an injury, like he’s prone to do, the offense could really sputter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Well, that’s why RB is so important. We need a strong running game to keep SS healthy
we were a totally different team w/o Warren last year. I have not seen Richardson run with same authority or success.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
RB was the key position last year and will probably be so again.

let’s hope we’ve got the horse in the stable to get it done
J Nixon’s dad is my neighbor and we’ve gotten to know each other over Pokes football. The RB room is really confident from Richardson to Nixon to Gordon. Really confident. If o line can make a jump, we’ll run just fine.

That and tempo, defense won’t be as good. Salty but not like last year. We’re going to score more points and win games 37-17 instead of 23-0.

Jan 14, 2006
OK, now go watch Jalen Warren tape and tell me you see the same dominance . . . .
Not trying to start something since Warren was an absolute stud and clearly a better player last year, but, he's 3 years older than Richardson so he should have been.

Those videos are of Dom trucking people in the Big 12 as an 18 year old true freshman. I think his best is yet to come. We'll know by week 4.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
I would say defense is my main concern, not only did we lose alot of talent, but some great leadership as well. I wonder who will step up at LB this year? Benson? We've been spoiled at that spot for a while now.
I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised by Mason Cobb at LB. Maybe even enough to not miss MRod that much.