Fat Tire.....Better in a Can?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
Aug 18, 2007
Katy, TX
Tastes even better out of a glass.

I actually do think I prefer drinking out of cans rather than bottles though. Not sure what it is.

swamppoke

ole 3 putt.
A/V Subscriber
Feb 11, 2004
The Sand Shaker
some beers are better bottled/canned than on draft.

You'll never see Newcastle on tap in England; it's singularly a bottle beer there.

Miller Lite is better in the bottle than draft.

Guinness is a draft beer, period.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
I prefer draft, then bottle and then can. The problem you can run into with a draft at a bar is flat beer or dirty lines.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Oskar Blues entire line up of canned beers are amazing. Dales Pale is the most well known, but Old Chub is pretty tasty too.

Not a fan of Fat Tire, regardless of how it is served. Sierra Nevada is now canning as well.

BAMF cowboy

The Village BAMF
Aug 10, 2007
Denver, CO
Canned craft beer is my latest drinking kick lately. I'm really not sure why, but there is something about canned beer that I enjoy more than bottled (draft will always be my first choice though).

Oskar Blues is the obvious brewery that comes to mind when I think I canned craft beer. Dale's is one of my all time favorites (i plan on brewing a clone this weekend), and I bought a sixer Old Chub last weekend (I was in for a shock when I didn't see it was 8% abv) - I definitely enjoyed it though. I'll be looking to get my hands on some Deviant Dales IPA when I'm next in Colorado.

Austin Beerworks is another craft brewery out of Austin that cans their beers. Their American IPA kicks ass.

Oh and New Belgium/Fat Tire is still and will always be awesome. Eff the haters.

zachya

Scoopski Potatoes
A/V Subscriber
Dec 14, 2004
Silmaria
...had a Fat Tire whilst on vacation in Colorado last year...it was good, but nothing mind blowing...then FWPoke informed me I forgot to drink it through a Twizzler...:(

FWPoke

An OP OG in the DFDub
A/V Subscriber
Jun 8, 2004
Fort Worth
Never had Fat Tote from a can, but every beer that I have had in both bottles and cans, the bottles have been much better. Shiner seems to have the biggest difference in taste. Love the bottles, the stuff in cans tastes like old motor oil. But damn near everything is better from the tap.

Carneyman14

I wanna be formal, but I'm here to party
A/V Subscriber
Oct 20, 2008
Minneapolis, MN.
I found good Newcastle on tap. Kilkenny's in Tulsa does it right.

If the beer is better from a bottle/can than it is on tap, it's probably not all that great.
Tell me something Kilkenny's does wrong. Just ate there today. Could not decide between bangers and mash Corned beef & cabbage or fish and chips. Its all good. Blacksmith and a Guinness hit the spot

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
Oskar Blues is the obvious brewery that comes to mind when I think I canned craft beer. Dale's is one of my all time favorites (i plan on brewing a clone this weekend), and I bought a sixer Old Chub last weekend (I was in for a shock when I didn't see it was 8% abv) - I definitely enjoyed it though. I'll be looking to get my hands on some Deviant Dales IPA when I'm next in Colorado.
^This. Dales Pale Ale is one of my standbys. Cans are so much easier to deal with.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
I've got to try some of this. It sounds like it fits my personality. Where can I find it?
Best guess is a liquor store. I have no knowledge if it is even available in OK. Probably have to call and see. They may not have it in stock, but if the distributor carries it, you can probably get it.