• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
  • Some things are still wonky, such as colors, some old attachments, features that need to be re-added, and the new 1st-party billing system. Bear with us while we clean up the database a tad.

Favorite Beers

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Had a Leinenkugel Summer Shandy the other night with my pops. That was a damn tasty beverage.
Have to add me to the list of people who DO like Waving Wheat from Choc, that don't like some of their darkers. I don't mind a LITTLE bitter, but IPA's make me gag.
I do like "Liney's" summer shandy as well. Great after mowing the lawn

1. Fat tire
2. Boulevard Doublewide IPA the best beer you can buy in OK IMO. Watchout that sh*ts like moonshine.

Like New Belguims Sunshine wheat, like Tiger, Left hand, Deadguy.

Tried the Native Amber it was bearable. But their mustang ale tasted like spitwater with a drop of urine.

naranjaynegro

Territorial Marshal
I recently had a Shiner Ruby Redbird after a hot afternoon in the yard. My new favorite summer beer....brewed with Texas valley ruby red Grapefruit.

My 'normal' beer is shiner bock but I also like shock top and blue moon. I find its generally too warm in Houston to drink heavy, darker beers.

State

Russian Bot
A/V Subscriber
Kona Brewing Company Koko Brown. I had this for the first time when I was out in Hawaii the last two weeks. It's a great brown ale, well-bodied and with a taste of light coconut.

I recently had a Shiner Ruby Redbird after a hot afternoon in the yard. My new favorite summer beer....brewed with Texas valley ruby red Grapefruit.

My 'normal' beer is shiner bock but I also like shock top and blue moon. I find its generally too warm in Houston to drink heavy, darker beers.
Several breweries right here in Houston brew styles appropriate for the summer heat. Pick up some Southern Star Bombshell Blonde, Saint Arnold Weedwacker, Saint Arnold Summer Pils, and Karbach Weiss Versa next time!

naranjaynegro

Territorial Marshal
Several breweries right here in Houston brew styles appropriate for the summer heat. Pick up some Southern Star Bombshell Blonde, Saint Arnold Weedwacker, Saint Arnold Summer Pils, and Karbach Weiss Versa next time!
Thanks Homebrew....do you know if these are available at Kroger/HEB or only at SPEC's? What's your fave of the list above?

Jonkr06

Territorial Marshal
I have multiple reasons for wanting to move down to Houston in the near future and the beer selection at HEB is right up there toward the top of the list.

Kabob1865

Lives on Steak and Refried Beans
A/V Subscriber
1. Coors Light Longnecks - You can drink it all day long.
2. Chimay - Any color in the fancy goblet = pre-nap beer/meal.
3. Shiner Blonde - Because it's good.
4. Budweiser Cans - Preferably with the Stars and Stripes on the can.
5. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Especially when hanging out with yuppie women.

I'll admit I'm still a little wet at the feet when it comes to having tasted a breadth of beers, but I had Drop Top Amber Ale, on tap, when I was in Phoenix for the bowl game... Delicious. I think it's a Widmer Bros' product.
I just wing'd it and tried the Widmer Bros' beer.....and dam if it ain't good... surprised me lol.

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
I've been trying different southern beers since I moved down to MS a couple months ago. I really like Abita beers, especially Turbo Dog and Purple Haze.

BAMF cowboy

The Village BAMF
I've been trying different southern beers since I moved down to MS a couple months ago. I really like Abita beers, especially Turbo Dog and Purple Haze.
I went to NOLA last weekend and, accordingly, swung by Abita Springs to go to the brewery. They have some pretty solid brews. Their Restoration Pale Ale and Andygator were the ones that stuck out to me. I also picked up a few 6 packs of their Strawberry Lager last week which is also very tasty.

stonewallpoke

가라
A/V Subscriber
1. Coors Light Longnecks - You can drink it all day long.
2. Chimay - Any color in the fancy goblet = pre-nap beer/meal.
3. Shiner Blonde - Because it's good.
4. Budweiser Cans - Preferably with the Stars and Stripes on the can.
5. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Especially when hanging out with yuppie women.
I have no problem with any of this.