FBI raiding Mar A Lago

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Quick question regarding the discussion about warrants and evidence. If I understand correctly, the evidence used to secure the warrant in this case was one person claiming the records existed.

My question is how strong do some of the legal experts here consider that kind of evidence to be for this purpose? And how common is it?

Dec 9, 2013
Some how it didn't come up on any of their new sources. Makes message boards a delight.
And I will add the same comment I make about the Rs. Right now the Ds control Congress and the DoJ. If there were anything shady about Kushner and the $2B he received from the Saudi’s then it’s on them for not investigating and it probably speaks to the fact that there’s nothing there.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Quick question regarding the discussion about warrants and evidence. If I understand correctly, the evidence used to secure the warrant in this case was one person claiming the records existed.

My question is how strong do some of the legal experts here consider that kind of evidence to be for this purpose? And how common is it?
You don't understand correctly. You're just speculating.

We have no idea what the evidence used to secure the warrant in this case was because the search warrant affidavit hasn't been released yet....and it's not normally released at this time. If he is charged with a crime, he will be entitled to a copy of the affidavit at that time and will be entitled to attack the sufficiency of said affidavit and warrant in a court of law.

How about we all wait and see what the affidavit says before asking for legal opinions on what is right now....nothing but speculation?

Dec 9, 2013
But wouldn't you need a warrant to get the surveillance footage?
From the linked article.

“Having obtained surveillance footage from Mar-a-Lago via a subpoena”

I’ve seen this reported in a couple of places but no clarification if this was part of the original subpoena to which he claims he “fully” complied or if this was a separate subpoena. The way it’s written and the way the story unfolds it almost seems like it’s a separate subpoena.

Last edited:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
But wouldn't you need a warrant to get the surveillance footage?
the warrant for the surveillance footage was obtained and executed in June....then after what was seen on that footage where the documents were stored vrs who had access and was going in to the same room where the items were contained apparently shocked the officials who saw it.

Then a informant came forward and told them they need to get what's in that room because there was Nuclear and highly classified secrets in there.

So there are months of Surveillance video of who was going and coming into that room and who was with them etc from June 2022 and back. Trump MAY NOT want that footage released cause then we see who had access and if he was with them etc etc

The president's team had handed over boxes of materials in January. The Justice Department then returned to Mar-a-Lago in June to collect more documents that had been marked as classified, which had not been handed back following the original request.

Having obtained surveillance footage from Mar-a-Lago via a subpoena, agents saw something that alarmed them in recordings of a hallway outside a storage room, The Times reported, citing people familiar with the investigation.

The agents also received evidence from a witness that there was more classified material remaining in the storage room, The Times reported.

The report did not specify what officials saw in the footage.

https://news.yahoo.com/doj-officials-were-alarmed-surveillance-121950270.html

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Agreed. I'd bet taking sensitive documents has applied to every President on some level, but I think Trump's arrogance contributed to this because he thought he was untouchable. Which takes Trump level arrogance considering the way his opponents have made it a full time job to catch him at something.

As far as the nuke codes, I asked earlier and I guess it came across as excusing behavior, that is not my intent, but I don't really know what nuke info could be sitting around in a box that is so sensitive. I'm pretty sure they've changed the codes since 2020. I've been forced to change my password at work 5 times in that time period.
Arrogant people have can't stand arrogance!