First in person official visit weekend

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
We continue to recruit and sign elite skills guys. We NEED a lot better OL recruits. Not slightly above average and developing them to 6th rounder possibilities but go close the deal of Kelvin. Let him start for 3 yrs then go pro. We HAVE to get better on the line

Jan 14, 2006
We continue to recruit and sign elite skills guys. We NEED a lot better OL recruits. Not slightly above average and developing them to 6th rounder possibilities but go close the deal of Kelvin. Let him start for 3 yrs then go pro. We HAVE to get better on the line
Well, we had him committed at one point so I think there's a chance.

Kelvin aside, there's only so many humans with the size/strength/intelligence/ability to be o-linemen. We are battling a lot of teams for those guys. With Glass and Dickey, I'm ok bringing in 270-280 lb'ers who can move and developing them. We just can't lose 7 in a season again. I have faith in the Dickey/Glass combo. This year will show we're heading in the right direction.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I agree....we've been pretty pedestrian on the OL for a long time....hopefully they can make some sort of improvement. I don't know if we have the OT's to compete at a high level IMO.

Nov 6, 2010
Would Banks be a big get, heck yea, but I disagree that we need to sign his level of Oline recruit consistently to be good at that position. Tevin Jenkins was a 3 star, and he'll be starting for the Bears next year. Kids develop so much later at that position, signing elite level kids is less important. Now what we can't have is several 1 or none OL classes like we had for a couple years there while we were changing our OL coach every year. That is what has killed us lately, and as another poster mentioned, having a huge swath of injuries like we did this year. We'll be fine at Oline as long as we have Dickey stay put for a while, and we keep signing 4-5 per year. Defensive players is where we have to recruit at a higher level, and I believe we are doing just that lately.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Then they better get on Alton Robinson the center from Choctaw right now. I’m sure they are as he’s been to several OSU lineman camps but Josh Henson at A&M just had him in for a camp and then he was at Baylor this week. I have a picture of this kid when he was 15 years old standing with Sam Mayes at his radio booth. He was bigger than Sam as a 10th grader. He’ll be a Senior this fall and he’s a straight A student and a humble respectful kid until he gets on a football field, then he’s an angry beast of a snowplow!

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Based on the offers...we seem to be targeting OT’s more than interior OL prospects, which is what we need more than anything. But if the kid is good enough I’m sure Dickey will make the offer.