Football Seniors returning in 2021

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
If anything, he'll go later than round 5. He doesn't offer anything special when compared to NFL-level backs, and he's shown that he could be an off-the-field ticking time bomb with his antics last summer.

If anyone takes him "early", I could see it being Seattle. They've shown interest in multiple OSU players in the past, Chris Carson can't make it through an entire season, and their organization is seemingly somewhat supportive of outspoken social justice efforts.

My guess is that at least half the league views him as un-draftable due to his social media stir. Maybe more than that. And that could easily push him into later rounds.
I’m hung up on this one and don’t know why.

I do not believe the stir-up will have any impact on his draft-ability. This is a new “woke” NFL. With all of the BLM and social justice reforms going on, it will not be a mark against him. He apologized for the way he handled it and moved on, not sure why our fans can’t. Further, if it comes to light that a team passed on him based on that, I don’t see the woke media and court of public opinion favoring that decision. Especially since he has no other public character flaws, arrests, etc.

Now based on how the NFL uses RBs and his performance compared to his peers last year, I agree he’s probably going to to be a later round guy. His injury history will be a huge factor.

The xfactor is his speed. In the NFL speed kills. NFL teams like to roll the dice on fast guys. The raiders are notorious for passing over sure talent to bring in a fast guy. His speed alone could be enough to get him taken much higher.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I’m hung up on this one and don’t know why.

I do not believe the stir-up will have any impact on his draft-ability. This is a new “woke” NFL. With all of the BLM and social justice reforms going on, it will not be a mark against him. He apologized for the way he handled it and moved on, not sure why our fans can’t. Further, if it comes to light that a team passed on him based on that, I don’t see the woke media and court of public opinion favoring that decision. Especially since he has no other public character flaws, arrests, etc.

Now based on how the NFL uses RBs and his performance compared to his peers last year, I agree he’s probably going to to be a later round guy. His injury history will be a huge factor.

The xfactor is his speed. In the NFL speed kills. NFL teams like to roll the dice on fast guys. The raiders are notorious for passing over sure talent to bring in a fast guy. His speed alone could be enough to get him taken much higher.
As far as I can tell, he's the 8th fastest RB on the board. They show his pro day 40 time at 4.45-4.48. I think that puts him in the upper 25% of potential picks this season, but it's not a blazing time by NFL standards.

My take on the social media stuff is more what I project owners to believe about him. Maybe the NFL is more woke than I'm giving them credit for.

Regardless, I'm still projecting him as a round 5-6 pick.