Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon arrested

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Not likely but it is by far the most vetted. I doubt most administrations could do as well given the scrutiny.
Trump has the most "acting" officials in place ever. This is by design so he doesn't have to get people vetted an approved.

This is very relevant now because one of those "acting" officials is who got arrested along with Bannon.

Let me guess... You cannot actually show any kind of evidence this administration is the most vetted. You just know they have the most arrests and assume these processes aren't always followed.

I remember Bill Clinton had a grand jury assigned to dig up dirt about real estate and it turned up nothing on that front but got spun into the Blowinsky incident. I say nice work by investigators to dig that up.

Pretty sure every administration is hammered by the other side. Which I think is a good thing. It keeps everyone on the up and up for the most part. Except Trump is used to doing business in only one way (shady at best) and always got away with it for the most part outside of politics. Now that he is in politics he cannot stop doing shady things and associating with shady people. We are seeing the arrests that prove that to be true.

I look forward to the GOP hammering Biden and his teams for possible illegal stuff.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
We have to spend more time moderating thread on the political forum. This forum is becoming to toxic and that the casual racism, misogyny, sexism and hate are starting to seep into other areas of the board; first and foremost we are a sports board. If a thread has been deleted don’t start it again or it will be a ban. There may be other changes as we move OP back to a a more family friendly and civil direction.
Hi again folks, just a reminder this still applies and you can be banned the abounded mentioned content.
Hi everyone, we wanted to update you on how the clean up is going. 10 members have been banned for content that is problematic or posted to cause problems, blatant stuff. Where are now is posts that push up to edge or whose only purpose seems to play gotcha or one-upsmen-ship. This needs to stop also and the best way to do is for the posters to stop posting it or think about why and why you are posting.

We would like this place to stop being a problem and eyesore. It can keep getting better or leave, which has happened in other sports boards, which is what OP is.

There are some current threads that are on close to being gone, your content will decide if they stay or go.
Looks like a whole lotta Bannon (bannin') going on.

What’s going on with that? I see them but no idea why or how long.
7B2A496B-4E3F-4EC5-B037-2E404DEA4913.jpeg

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
This guy is a sleaze. When I was on the fence about voting for Trump or not, it was around the time this guy took over the campaign that slammed the door shut. I'm not a fan of propaganda, and I really cannot stand panderers.

Ben Shapiro went in on this guy, cause he worked with him, but I had no idea who he was.

How many people in the last 50yrs have gone to prison for felonious crimes that served in high offices of the govt? I guess you'd have to define "high office," but someone who has real power or influence on policy.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Donald Trump Jr. praised We Build The Wall and Brian Kolfage at a 2018 event: "This is private enterprise at its finest. Doing it better, faster, cheaper than anything else. What you guys are doing is amazing.”

Oct 7, 2008
This guy is a sleaze. When I was on the fence about voting for Trump or not, it was around the time this guy took over the campaign that slammed the door shut. I'm not a fan of propaganda, and I really cannot stand panderers.

Ben Shapiro went in on this guy, cause he worked with him, but I had no idea who he was.

How many people in the last 50yrs have gone to prison for felonious crimes that served in high offices of the govt? I guess you'd have to define "high office," but someone who has real power or influence on policy.
Bannon is a total sleaze bag but he's also a pretty interesting character. I was reading up on him pre-election four years ago because he was everywhere. He's kind of a historical idealogue in the strangest way. One of his beliefs was that societies are cyclical and need to break down and reform once every ~70 years, like a forest fire clears the room for future growth. I got the sense that the guy basically wants to see WWIII in his lifetime.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Bannon is a total sleaze bag but he's also a pretty interesting character. I was reading up on him pre-election four years ago because he was everywhere. He's kind of a historical idealogue in the strangest way. One of his beliefs was that societies are cyclical and need to break down and reform once every ~70 years, like a forest fire clears the room for future growth. I got the sense that the guy basically wants to see WWIII in his lifetime.
He does have a helluva head of hair though!

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
He's definitely bizarre.