FOX Attacks Decency... with Bill O'Reilly Leading the Way

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
Sep 24, 2007
FNC is the tv equivalent of the New York Post -- a tabloid masquerading as a news outlet. I read the Post almost every day. It's a guilty pleasure. But to defend either FNC or the Post as serious, unbiased news reporting flies in the face of reason.

If you enjoy watching Fox, as I have certainly done from time to time, please continue to do so. But don't waste your breath defending it as a serious, unbiased news organization. There's just too much objective evidence to the contrary. They say "Fair and Balanced" with a wink and a smile, with tongue visibly in cheek.

BTW, I bumped into Alan Colmes in a pizzaria on 45th about a month ago. If anything, his suit looks more rumpled in person than it does on camera. It must come out of wardrobe that way.

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX
FNC is the tv equivalent of the New York Post -- a tabloid masquerading as a news outlet. I read the Post almost every day. It's a guilty pleasure. But to defend either FNC or the Post as serious, unbiased news reporting flies in the face of reason.

If you enjoy watching Fox, as I have certainly done from time to time, please continue to do so. But don't waste your breath defending it as a serious, unbiased news organization. There's just too much objective evidence to the contrary. They say "Fair and Balanced" with a wink and a smile, with tongue visibly in cheek.

BTW, I bumped into Alan Colmes in a pizzaria on 45th about a month ago. If anything, his suit looks more rumpled in person than it does on camera. It must come out of wardrobe that way.
I suppose you go to the NYT for "unbiased" news? :rolleyes:

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
Sep 24, 2007
I suppose you go to the NYT for "unbiased" news? :rolleyes:

As a matter of fact, I do. You might remember on of the leading proponents of the Iraq war among reporters, one who reported misinformation that was spoonfed by the administration and Ahmed Chalabi, was Judith Miller. Her employer? The NYT.

I will not argue that their editorial page leans left. It does. But their reporting is exceptional and unbiased (much like the WSJ, which couples excellent reporting with a biased editorial page). Those who complain that there is not enough positive coverage of our efforts in Iraq must not read the NYT, because I have read several positive articles on the front page of the paper.

I suspect those who complain most loudly about the bias of the NYT rarely read it. There's a reason why, when the NYT makes a major error, it makes news. It doesn't happen often. When other papers err, it's just par for the course.

Do yourself a favor. Pick up a copy of the NYT from time to time. It's a great way to start your Sunday. If you have complaints, they have a public ombudsman to address and investigate reader concerns about their reporting and writes about it in a weekly column. How many other papers do that?