1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Gary England drinking game-- for the upcoming storm season

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by okstate5968, Mar 27, 2006.

1. okstate5968

okstate5968 Orange Power Goddess
    Staff A/V Subscriber

Gary England Drinking Game

Pregame
    1. Everyone selects a storm chaser other than Val Caster. Every time Gary talks to your storm chaser, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your storm chaser. Take four drinks if your storm chaser says "tornado on the ground."

2. Everyone selects a county other than Pottawatomie County. Every time Gary mentions your county, you take one drink. Take two drinks every time we see footage from your county. Take four drinks if a tornado touches down in your county.

One drink
    1. Take one drink every time Gary says the following:
    "Hook echo" | "Updraft" | "Metro" | "Doppler radar" | "Wall cloud" | "Ranger 9" | "Underground" | "Mobile home"

2. When Gary gives a list of counties, take one drink for every county in the list.

3. Take one drink every time Gary interrupts a program. Take one drink if Gary says "You're not missing any of [program name]." Take one drink when Gary says "We'll keep you advised."

Two drinks
    1. Take two drinks every time Gary says the following:
    "Baseball-sized hail" | "Waterloo Road" | "Pottawatomie County" | "Deer Creek High School"

2. Take two drinks every time Gary mentions the following towns:
    Altus | Burns Flat | Dill City | Gotebo | Hydro | Lookeba | Meeker | Mulhall | Oktaha | Olustee | Shattuck | Slaughterville | Tryon | Vici | Waukomis | Wayne (or Payne) | Weleetka | Wetumkah

3. Take two drinks every time Gary talks to Val Caster.

Three drinks
    1. Take three drinks if we see footage from Val Caster.

2. Take three drinks if we see footage from Pottawatomie County.

3. Take three drinks if Gary mentions the following:
    "Immediate tornado precautions" | "National Weather Service" | "Mesocyclone" | "Portable Radio" | "Take shelter" | "Tornado warning in effect until ..."

Four drinks
    1. Take four drinks if Ranger 9 must land to refuel.

2. Take four drinks if Gary issues his own tornado warning, not recognized by the NWS or says the following:
    "Will someone please answer that phone?" | "Do you see power flashes?"

3. Take four drinks if a shirt-less tornado victim is interviewed.

Finish your drink
    1. Finish your drink if someone uses the word tornado as a verb or if Gary mentions the nearest cross streets to you.

2. If Gary says "We've lost Val," pour a little out for your homies and finish your drink.

2. Poke2000

Poke2000 Sheriff

This game will cause people to go through a LOT of alcohol. :D

Somebody put a lot of time and effort into coming up with that, and considering that the NWS is forecasting severe storms in OK this week (Wed. and Thurs.), it'll make some of the coverage bearable. ;)

Heh, my hometown made the list. Add this to it: Take four drinks if any tv meteorologist (or storm chaser) pronounces Vici as "Vickie" or anything other than "VI-si."

3. Petey

Petey Cowboy

What about the phrase "Well I was out on the porch watchin the ternader an it just switched direction on us an afor ya know it, this was all at was left.....?"Oh wait. Nevermind. I guess that would probably fall under shirtless interview.:D

4. Chris H.

Chris H. administrator emeritus
    A/V Subscriber

Wow...that's some good stuff right there. I agree, somebody's got way too much time on their hands. But it looks to be just in time, better make a run to the liquor store tomorrow.

5. kaje

kaje Let's Go Heat!
    A/V Subscriber

FFS...I'm gonna die of alchohol poisoning.

6. ansipoke

ansipoke Deputy

With all that alcohol flowing there are going to be some drunk guys chasing storms. I can just see it. Somebody ought to make one up for Mike Morgan. He thinks the world is coming to an end everytime he sees a hail stone.

7. curtis

curtis Deputy

Help, there's a tornado coming and I can't get up. (in slurred voice):eek:

8. zachya

zachya So he wants to be a hero?
    A/V Subscriber

if you're that drunk, wouldn't there be two tornados coming at you?:D

9. ARCHcowboy

ARCHcowboy Cowboy

while on the storm topic and I apologize for the hijacking but since the OKC tornados do you guys think the OK weathermen are a little jumpy on getting people to take shelter? The last 2 years I was in OK it seemed they would sound the sirens if the storm was in a 50 miles radius even if it was moving away from your location.

Please don't get me wrong I am not belittleing what happend in the OKC area several years ago but I worry with too many "take shelter" anouncements and little or nothing happening sooner or later its going to turn into a "boy who cried wolf" scenerio.

10. D'Artagnan

D'Artagnan Banned
    Banned

11. kaje

kaje Let's Go Heat!
    A/V Subscriber

So anyone taking part in the activity? Hell I figured there isn't a better time to play on a Saturday when they're SPLIT SCREENING THE DAMN FINAL FOUR AND YOU CAN BARELY SEE IT. :rolleyes:

12. OSUG1

OSUG1 Deputy

Those were Final Four games? :eek: Didn't look like it.

;)

13. kaje

kaje Let's Go Heat!
    A/V Subscriber

On my screen, it looked like ants tossing around a bread crumb. :p

14. Oldpoke56

Oldpoke56 Cowboy

My daughter is a graduate of LSU and this morning when I pulled up my email from her all I got was a big puff of smoke out of my computer. And I thought she was so timid.:rolleyes:

15. Chris H.

Chris H. administrator emeritus
    A/V Subscriber

Bumbity bump bump :D

16. Agentorange

Agentorange Cowboy

Obeekay, atfer two srtiaght huors of covrge, I feel lkie I shuold Fnid the colstet. Hwos my tpynig.:D

17. Petey

Petey Cowboy

I don't think your typing is as bad as the fact that I can undertsand it.:D

18. POKESFAN

POKESFAN Greenhorn

ARCH

Reference your siren comment

In the OKC metro a very little known fact is that the OKC sirens aren't broken down into specific areas of the city. Meaning that if they have to sound them for any part of the city they have to sound them for the entire city. Take last night for example, when the tornado warning was issued for Canadian County, OKC set off its sirens since part of their city is in Canadian County. That means that people over in the far east side of Oklahoma County were hearing sirens too, even though the storms were nowhere near them.

19. zachya

zachya So he wants to be a hero?
    A/V Subscriber

yep. we live in nicoma park and my son was freakin out. our sirens weren't going off, but you could hear some that were (maybe midwest city, del city, or tinkers?).

20. orangebullet

orangebullet Sheriff

I was out walking my dog last night about 7:30pm and there was NOTHING above Stillwater or in sight South (which is where the breeze was coming from). I go by this house and a little kid about 6 or 7 comes to the door screaming "Get inside. A tornado is coming. You are going to blow away." This poor kid was traumatized by Mike or Gary or someone. You could hear her Mom wailing in the background. These poor folks don't have enough sense to look out a window before they go nuts. Just because there was a tornado in El Reno doesn't mean it is coming to Stillwater.

Now about an hour later, I was a little concerned, but by then Gary had said "Val turn on your GPS" enough that I was feeling no pain.......