George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yea the charges are insane and he will not be convicted of anything. The criminal pointed a weapon at the cop causing him to be shot in self defense.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
The ONLY thing I think that they can get to stick is there is video of one cop standing on the guys shoulders and the other cop kicking him on the ground AFTER they shot him instead of attempting to administer first aid
They say there's video and only show a couple of still photos. And then what they do is they say that it is from witnesses that they are getting that information. I mean there's tons of video out there and the only thing I've seen anywhere close to that is that they were attempting to make sure he didn't raise the taser at them kick the taser away and then they held him briefly while they cuffed him and then proceeded to give CPR.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1273356930128457729
Not a good look for the DA at this point. They've now lied to the public because the other officer has had his attorney come out and make a statement that he never agreed to testify against the shooting officer.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Not a good look for the DA at this point. They've now lied to the public because the other officer has had his attorney come out and make a statement that he never agreed to testify against the shooting officer.

I am betting that the the same da wishes he would not have put himself in a trick box. Previously he tried a case and claimed the tasers are a weapon of deadly force.

Apr 7, 2006
If we want to honor BLM and future generations, we need to reallocate some money towards constrcting monuments. When today's children become older children whats going to be around to destroy? How can we solve racism in 5 years if there are no statues left for unemployed kids to tear down?

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If we want to honor BLM and future generations, we need to reallocate some money towards constrcting monuments. When today's children become older children whats going to be around to destroy? How can we solve racism in 5 years if there are no statues left for unemployed kids to tear down?
Make a monument to the raising of the flag of CHAZ.
*Yes, I know it might be a Photoshop. But it looks like something they would do.

Nov 6, 2010
https://youtu.be/iUhdc1GAddk

Its a little long, but I agree 100% with this on the actual police reforms that are needed
It is a good listen, although a bit pie in the sky. I agree that ongoing training would help immensely, along with adding police interaction into all high school civics classes. But let's face it, the bad stuff mostly happens when people have something to hide, and are intentionally avoiding/resisting the police interaction. Tough to train or educate around people who aren't following the rules to begin with. Having said that, it doesn't detract from the ongoing training part of his point. Clearly there are better ways to handle law breakers than the current doctrine of all or nothing overwhelming force.