George Soros = Evil?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 13, 2010
It's really none of the above, but all he stands for.
What is it that he stands for?

He donates large portions of his fortune to charity organizations, peace organizations ect. Just look at the list Cimarron posted.

He just happens to have non-conservative political beliefs so that must make him the devil incarnate.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
What is it that he stands for?

He donates large portions of his fortune to charity organizations, peace organizations ect. Just look at the list Cimarron posted.

He just happens to have non-conservative political beliefs so that must make him the devil incarnate.
You bet. He's a power to the people person. He's a "We Can" and "You Can't" person when it comes to other people.

Nov 13, 2010
He built schools and universities in Hungary which had been oppressed by the communists for decades. I dont think this displays a "you cant" mentality.

Nov 13, 2010
We can't what? Give $7 billion away to charity? Go for it, no one is stopping you.

I think you've been duped by this wave of paranoia reguarding the "evil, cancerous progressives".

He's been openly promoting democracy in eastern Europe since the 1970s.

Turn off the propaganda and use reason.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
Close, very close
We can't what? Give $7 billion away to charity? Go for it, no one is stopping you.

I think you've been duped by this wave of paranoia reguarding the "evil, cancerous progressives". Turn off the propaganda and use reason.

As was the great majority of Americans in the most recent election. Only you "reasonable" progressives seem to still be sleepwalking through reality.

The electorate has spoken to the Soros agenda, get over it.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007

I think you've been duped by this wave of paranoia reguarding the "evil, cancerous progressives".

He's been openly promoting democracy in eastern Europe since the 1970s.

Turn off the propaganda and use reason.
You are either hoodwinked or you are attempting to hoodwink others.

Be wary of strangers bearing gifts that want you to do it their way or no way.

I won't ask what non-religion you may be promoting too.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Where?

I find it hard to believe he would describe this period as such as his own family was facing persecution.
From a clip played on Beck, George Soros in is own words:

"It was actually, probably the happiest year of my life - that year of German occupation. For me it was a very positive experience. It's a strange thing, because you see incredible suffering all around you, and in fact, you are in considerable danger yourself. But you're fourteen years old and you don't believe that it can actually touch you. You have a belief in yourself, you have a belief in your father. It's a very happy making exhilarating experience."

Now I know you will dismiss this because it was broadcast on Glenn Beck. And Beck is nutty as a fruitcake sometimes. But it doesn't change the fact that Soros said this and it doesn't sound like it was taken out of context.

Nov 13, 2010
From a clip played on Beck, George Soros in is own words:

"It was actually, probably the happiest year of my life - that year of German occupation. For me it was a very positive experience. It's a strange thing, because you see incredible suffering all around you, and in fact, you are in considerable danger yourself. But you're fourteen years old and you don't believe that it can actually touch you. You have a belief in yourself, you have a belief in your father. It's a very happy making exhilarating experience."

Now I know you will dismiss this because it was broadcast on Glenn Beck. And Beck is nutty as a fruitcake sometimes. But it doesn't change the fact that Soros said this and it doesn't sound like it was taken out of context.
That is clever editing on the part of Beck. He conveniently left out the part about being confronted by unspeakable evil (Nazi Germany) and ultimately prevailing, which I can imagine is a very happy and exhilerating experience. Here is the entire interview, the comment in question starts at around 46 minutes:

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/3240

Nov 13, 2010
Really? Nothing you've posted has been even remotely accurate.
Really? So Soros never gave away billions of dollars OR supported democracy in eastern Europe?

According to Forbes he has given away $7 bil to various causes and charities since 1979.

http://www.forbes.com/lists/2010/10/billionaires-2010_George-Soros_L9II.html

Do you have some sources I should read?

And is that really a hammer and sickle in your avatar? :rolleyes:
Its a mallot and reaper. :)

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
That is clever editing on the part of Beck. He conveniently left out the part about being confronted by unspeakable evil (Nazi Germany) and ultimately prevailing, which I can imagine is a very happy and exhilerating experience. Here is the entire interview, the comment in question starts at around 46 minutes:

http://www.charlierose.com/view/interview/3240
There are a lot of men and women who were in that war that experienced unspeakable events that they never talked about, because they brought back bad memories. I just find it odd he found joy in that period of suffering of others. Could he not see whatever joy he felt was really unfounded?