Giuliani Calls for Massive Military Build Up To Take On China and Russia

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
Sep 24, 2007
Collection lawyers are normally paid on a contingency fee basis and on an agreed percentage of the amount they collect.

When I considered solo work, I always refused collections. Just not worth it.

eta: Probably my best job as a lawyer was repping a guy in a greivance proceeding before the state bar. I did it pretty much right out of law school, and almost for free. He was in collections, he'd messed up slightly on a case, and his client came up to bite him.

My client offered me very generous terms to go after his fees that his former client rightfully owed him. I declined. Collections is a brass knuckles, high volume, low margin type of law that I'd rather not practice.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
When I considered solo work, I always refused collections. Just not worth it.
I know a very good man that use to do collection work, but is now retired. He was amazing in how productive he was in his communications with debtors and his clients. It is strictly a volume business and without it you don't eat.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
Sep 24, 2007
I know a very good man that use to do collection work, but is now retired. He was amazing in how productive he was in his communications with debtors and his clients. It is strictly a volume business and without it you don't eat.

See my edit above. I understand. For me, it would be a miserable existence. That's why I don't do it. It's a dependable existence, but not an enjoyable one.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
See my edit above. I understand. For me, it would be a miserable existence. That's why I don't do it. It's a dependable existence, but not an enjoyable one.
I did.

Collection law can be a life on the dark side of the law if you let it, just too much beat down of those that have already been beaten.

My friend was compassionate but firm and was good at it.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
What about that CT Scan and IV contrast that costs $2000?

Is it like the Doctor that looks at a newborn for 15 seconds, and concurs with the dad that the baby is breathing just fine like his sister did 2 years prior, and charges the dad $750.

Is it like the attorney who spends 5 seconds using cut & paste in word to update a credit file under collections and charges the person being collected on $800 on a $400 bill? (something they are probably having their underpaid temp service contractors kick out in mass)

Is it partial payment of the CT scan machine and the engineers that designed the machine? Or partial mainenance up keep?

Or is it like a big corporation that charges $2000 for a minimum wage employ to spend 30 minutes doing something where $10 goes to the employ, $40 goes to the stock holders, and the other $1950 goes to the management chain with $1700 of that going to the top executives and board?:eek:

Where is the real cost? Or does that dye really cost that much to produce?

I am just curious.:rolleyes: (poking fun at all careers)
The real cost of something has nothing to do with the above. The real cost is what someone is willing to pay. Is a house in California really worth 5 times as much as a house built from the same materials in Oklahoma? Yes, because people will pay more in California. The amazing thing about healthcare in the US, much of what is purchased is done without any clue what the cost is.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
The real cost of something has nothing to do with the above. The real cost is what someone is willing to pay. Is a house in California really worth 5 times as much as a house built from the same materials in Oklahoma? Yes, because people will pay more in California. The amazing thing about healthcare in the US, much of what is purchased is done without any clue what the cost is.
Yes, the more modern definition of "VALUE" which is "what is it worth to me or someone else" rather than the traditional definition of "VALUE" which is the lowest "price to cost ratio". Maybe Wal-Mart will introduce CT scans as one of their services to bring down the "price to cost ratio" where the guy without insurance can afford it. :D

The real profit in anything is getting into the "what will someone pay for it" rather than competing against competitors on the price to cost ratio basis.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
Back to the China debate. They are the big elephant in the room that no body wants to talk about.

1. They are basically fueling the genocide in Dufar, and are taking control of the area through proxies. Everyone is staking their claim on oil in the middle east.

2. They are weaponizing space. What would happen to us if they knocked out our GPS satellites and communications satellites? What if they have other weapons that could just be dropped on strategic areas without having to launch anything from ground based aircraft or missiles?

3. They are continually attacking our communications and computer networks.

4. They are stealing technologies and copying them for their own good and profit.

5. They are trying to poison our children to turn them into zombies.:mad:

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
Yes, you are right in most cases, but you are not if the care giver thinks getting paid may be an issue.

Most people need help and they figure they will worry about the costs after they have been made physically whole or partially whole.

RoVerto Solo

Lifetime Ban
Banned
Feb 10, 2007
Back to the China debate. They are the big elephant in the room that no body wants to talk about.

1. They are basically fueling the genocide in Dufar, and are taking control of the area through proxies. Everyone is staking their claim on oil in the middle east.

2. They are weaponizing space. What would happen to us if they knocked out our GPS satellites and communications satellites? What if they have other weapons that could just be dropped on strategic areas without having to launch anything from ground based aircraft or missiles?

3. They are continually attacking our communications and computer networks.

4. They are stealing technologies and copying them for their own good and profit.

5. They are trying to poison our children to turn them into zombies.:mad:
Stop, you are ruining my day.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
U.S. trauma centers may lose one billion dollars this year.

The CBS Evening News (11/15, story 7, 3:05, Couric) reported that while "768 trauma centers nationwide, including 229 that provide the expertise and care of a level one," are currently in operation, many of them "are bleeding money and may not survive." Already, "20 trauma centers have closed since 2000. Nationwide, these facilities will lose another billion dollars this year." Speaking in regard to this trend, Dr. Roxie Albrecht, University of Oklahoma Medical Center, said, "People are going to die, and it's purely preventable."