Gives me goosebumps...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Good piece. I've always been a libertarian/constitutionalist myself.

I hope this isn't just a fad, but a real movement. 250 years ago our forefathers had the faith and courage to change the world. We have an opportunity here. I pray that the same Providence that guided them will do so for us as well.

Count me in!

Jun 29, 2004
Northwest OK
Just watched it, and the more I learn about Dr. Paul, the more I like him. I don't agree with him on everything, but I'm starting to warm up to the guy.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
No goosebumps, but I will say that if he did get the nomination I would vote for him. Which would be the first time I had actually voted for a president and not walked out feeling a little dirty. This will be my 5th presidential election, and not once has the person I voted for in the primary actually gotten the nomination (didn't vote in the last primary, Bush already had it). Not expecting it to happen this time around either.

OKCPoke

Territorial Marshal
Dec 19, 2006
Yeah, I watched it once after Kaje posted it, sent it in an email to my family, and then watched it once more. Awesome. He sounds like a true patriot.
There's the reason he won't be elected...he may seriously want a better setup on our government. That said, there are WAY too many worthless sacks of crap in office that would find thier worthless existance coming to an immediate end so they will do whatever is necessary to make sure Ron does not make it. And, if he does make it they will drag him backwards as quickly as possible to maintain their own gravy train. This is still the best place in the world to live, even with all the dead weight we support in the Fed. govt. It's hard to imagine how good it could get with somebody that actually had our benefits at the top of their list.

Dec 18, 2006
OKC
There's the reason he won't be elected...he may seriously want a better setup on our government. That said, there are WAY too many worthless sacks of crap in office that would find thier worthless existance coming to an immediate end so they will do whatever is necessary to make sure Ron does not make it. And, if he does make it they will drag him backwards as quickly as possible to maintain their own gravy train. This is still the best place in the world to live, even with all the dead weight we support in the Fed. govt. It's hard to imagine how good it could get with somebody that actually had our benefits at the top of their list.
true, I think all the good buddy politics is crippling us. To me, it's the biggest problem facing public education.

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
I think the Congressman has some great ideas and leadership abilities. I especially like the fact that he is for smaller government. However, I don't agree with his foreign policies. I like the idea of pulling out of the U.N. but why would he do that if his wisdom relies on foreign popularity? He also doesn't acknowledge the war on terror. I think it would take another attack on U.S. soil by a conventional army before he would use any force. Also, being in favor of smaller government and anti-war, I think he may want to reduce the armed forces, and right now we need a bigger defense, not smaller.

I haven't done too much research on him yet, but he definitely has my attention, and It's not that I am too fired up on any of the alternatives. I like McCain, but he doesnt seem to get it on certain issues either. It's just a little hard voting for the same guy as Kaje and Bill Maher. No offense.

OKCPoke

Territorial Marshal
Dec 19, 2006
I think the Congressman has some great ideas and leadership abilities. I especially like the fact that he is for smaller government. However, I don't agree with his foreign policies. I like the idea of pulling out of the U.N. but why would he do that if his wisdom relies on foreign popularity? He also doesn't acknowledge the war on terror. I think it would take another attack on U.S. soil by a conventional army before he would use any force. Also, being in favor of smaller government and anti-war, I think he may want to reduce the armed forces, and right now we need a bigger defense, not smaller.

I haven't done too much research on him yet, but he definitely has my attention, and It's not that I am too fired up on any of the alternatives. I like McCain, but he doesnt seem to get it on certain issues either. It's just a little hard voting for the same guy as Kaje and Bill Maher. No offense.
No kiddin...just the mention that Bill Maher supports him makes me run the other way as fast as I can run. Maher is a major douchebag.

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
It was cool that he used the "Don't taser me bro" guy in his infomercial. It was funny with the sad music. "Why are you doing this?!" HA!

Feb 7, 2007

Do you understand the war on terror? It's a complete farce. There is no defined enemy, there is no defined end or victory. It's nothing more than a means to suspend individual rights, suspend constitutional freedoms, and basically give carte blanche to do whatever our government wants regardless if it a "republican" or "democrat" in power. It's leading to tyranny. This "war on terror" is perpetual.

Timothy McVeigh killed hundreds in one of the most vicious, haneous attacks on American soil ever. Where is the full scale declaration of war against terrorism then? He was a Christian. People act like 9/11 was the 1st act of terrorism.

Turn off the tv and research facts yourself. Quit relying on someone else to spoonfeed your lazy ass. Get real.