Gives me goosebumps...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Erick

Master in the art of Gemütlichkeit
Jun 11, 2006
Yukon, Oklahoma:
Do you understand the war on terror? It's a complete farce. There is no defined enemy, there is no defined end or victory. It's nothing more than a means to suspend individual rights, suspend constitutional freedoms, and basically give carte blanche to do whatever our government wants regardless if it a "republican" or "democrat" in power. It's leading to tyranny. This "war on terror" is perpetual.

Timothy McVeigh killed hundreds in one of the most vicious, haneous attacks on American soil ever. Where is the full scale declaration of war against terrorism then? He was a Christian. People act like 9/11 was the 1st act of terrorism.

Turn off the tv and research facts yourself. Quit relying on someone else to spoonfeed your lazy ass. Get real.

Oh yea another reason not to vote for Paul.....you. So, how many times did you watch this video? Did you get all nervous and excited each time? Was you only able to watch it three times because your hands were too sweaty to hit the replay button more?

You sir, are a complete nut-job. If you think that this war is a farce, then you have other problems other than the obvious. If there is another attack on the US, I hope and pray that our president has enough fortitude to do more than watch it happen and do nothing.

Tell me, what liberties of yours were stripped away? Was you unable to go in a place because of your color? Are you not able to pray in public? Are you unable to make certain phone calls? Will the police not allow you to put flowers in your hair? You are more concerned with the "rights" of a terrorist than our right not to be blown up by some sweaty muslim fanatic with C4 and ball bearings strapped to his ass.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I decided to watch and see what the fuss was all about. I like a lot of what he stands for.

But I thought that was a cheap shot at Mitt Romney in there:
"polygamists in his family tree" Now to run for office not only do you have to have a spotless past but Grandpa had to also?

And using the "Don't taze me bro" assclown as an example of our liberties being taken away is silly. That idiot wanted to stand there and make a speech, ignored repeated requested to get to the point or shut his pie hole. Maybe didn't deserve to be tazed, but hardly an example of us turning into a police state.

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
imothy McVeigh killed hundreds in one of the most vicious, haneous attacks on American soil ever. Where is the full scale declaration of war against terrorism then? He was a Christian. People act like 9/11 was the 1st act of terrorism.
Silly example. Were thousands of Christians defending what Tim Mcveigh did? Of course not. No need to go after Christians because over 99% of them opposed McVeigh's actions.

Nov 1, 2004
For the week just ending ... honors go to Big Ron and Big Al ...

Kumbaya, Big Ron, kumbaya
Kumbaya, Big Al, kumbaya
Kumbay, Big Bros, kumbaya
O Lord, kumbaya

Second verse ... same as the first.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
I think the Congressman has some great ideas and leadership abilities. I especially like the fact that he is for smaller government. However, I don't agree with his foreign policies. I like the idea of pulling out of the U.N. but why would he do that if his wisdom relies on foreign popularity? He also doesn't acknowledge the war on terror. I think it would take another attack on U.S. soil by a conventional army before he would use any force. Also, being in favor of smaller government and anti-war, I think he may want to reduce the armed forces, and right now we need a bigger defense, not smaller.
Doesn't acknowledge the war on terror? He voted for the use of force in Afghanistan. I don't know what desertpoke is going off about.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I think the Congressman has some great ideas and leadership abilities. I especially like the fact that he is for smaller government. However, I don't agree with his foreign policies. I like the idea of pulling out of the U.N. but why would he do that if his wisdom relies on foreign popularity? He also doesn't acknowledge the war on terror. I think it would take another attack on U.S. soil by a conventional army before he would use any force. Also, being in favor of smaller government and anti-war, I think he may want to reduce the armed forces, and right now we need a bigger defense, not smaller.

I haven't done too much research on him yet, but he definitely has my attention, and It's not that I am too fired up on any of the alternatives. I like McCain, but he doesnt seem to get it on certain issues either. It's just a little hard voting for the same guy as Kaje and Bill Maher. No offense.
I started to respond but read your response and you pretty much stated my feelings verbatim. He is a little naive on foreign policy at least with regard to how to get out of the situations we're in currently. I do agree with him about the "blowback" from past meddling decisions by previous administrations.

I'm watching this guy simply for the fact that I'm sick of the status quo. If his support continues I possibly could vote for him. I like his thoughts on fiscal policies. I didn't realize how many things in common he has with Tom Coburn. Both are Obstetricians, both have refused the congressional retirement benefit and both are concerned with bankrupting future generations. They have their differences as well but many more similarities than I was aware of. Tom Coburn is the most principled person I know trying to change the status quo in Washington. If Paul has some of those same qualities......well, I'm listening.

If he were to somehow miraculously win the primary I believe I'd definitely vote for him over any Democrat.

Feb 7, 2007
Doesn't acknowledge the war on terror? He voted for the use of force in Afghanistan. I don't know what desertpoke is going off about.
Paul feels the same way about the war on terror as he does the war on drugs. He voted to go after bin Laden, not fight some war on "terror", and sure as hell not to invade Iraq under false pretense. Is this news to you?

I think people confuse the issue. He's all for catching, punishing, and killing ANYONE who is a direct threat to the United States. He's not for preemptive strikes against third world countries with no military and who pose no real threat to us. Consider Iraq and how much bogus intelligence we cited and completely destroyed that country killing hundreds of thousands of people.

And the bottom line is that bin Laden is still frolicking around in caves.

Feb 7, 2007
Oh yea another reason not to vote for Paul.....you. So, how many times did you watch this video? Did you get all nervous and excited each time? Was you only able to watch it three times because your hands were too sweaty to hit the replay button more?

You sir, are a complete nut-job. If you think that this war is a farce, then you have other problems other than the obvious. If there is another attack on the US, I hope and pray that our president has enough fortitude to do more than watch it happen and do nothing.

Tell me, what liberties of yours were stripped away? Was you unable to go in a place because of your color? Are you not able to pray in public? Are you unable to make certain phone calls? Will the police not allow you to put flowers in your hair? You are more concerned with the "rights" of a terrorist than our right not to be blown up by some sweaty muslim fanatic with C4 and ball bearings strapped to his ass.
Well you're feeble minded if you decide not to vote for him because of my post. But thanks for allowing my opinion to be such a decisive factor for you. I'm quite proud.

Again, I'm all for killing bin Laden. Where is he at? Still alive, meanwhile hundreds of thousands of PEOPLE that had absolutely NOTHING to do with 9/11 are dead. There was no WMD's, no ties to bin Laden. Oops, our bad.

How many "sweaty muslim fanatics" (quite racist by the way) run around the US strapping C4 and ball bearings to their ass? You act like this is the Middle East where it is a near every day occurance. It's not. If you walk around every day looking over your shoulder for a "sweaty muslim fanatic w/ C4 strapped to his ass" then that is a truly sad existance.

I'd then say it is YOU who has lost a lot of liberties as a result of 9/11.

Feb 7, 2007
I started to respond but read your response and you pretty much stated my feelings verbatim. He is a little naive on foreign policy at least with regard to how to get out of the situations we're in currently. I do agree with him about the "blowback" from past meddling decisions by previous administrations.

I'm watching this guy simply for the fact that I'm sick of the status quo. If his support continues I possibly could vote for him. I like his thoughts on fiscal policies. I didn't realize how many things in common he has with Tom Coburn. Both are Obstetricians, both have refused the congressional retirement benefit and both are concerned with bankrupting future generations. They have their differences as well but many more similarities than I was aware of. Corburn is the most principled person I know trying to change the status quo in Washington. If Paul has some of those same qualities......well, I'm listening.

If he were to somehow miraculously win the primary I believe I'd definitely vote for him over any Democrat.
I wasn't aware of those facts about Coburn. Not living in Oklahoma I haven't paid much attention. Interesting.

Feb 7, 2007
Silly example. Were thousands of Christians defending what Tim Mcveigh did? Of course not. No need to go after Christians because over 99% of them opposed McVeigh's actions.
That's a fallacy. Not every Muslim supports what bin Laden did. McVeigh was clearly a terrorist. He absolutely had sympathizers, and I bet a significant portion of his sympathizers probably categorized themselves as Christian.

It's definitely not fair for people to say that as a result all Christians are terrorists. It's not fair to say that Christianity advocates blowing up federal buildings killing innocent people.

I guess my point is that people use "Muslim" and "terrorist" like they are interchangeable terms. I hope the Taliban, Al Qaeda burn in hell. Not Muslims. And I'm pretty sure most people feel the same way (hopefully). Unfortunately I think Americans have been conditioned to think that Muslims are inherently evil and are "terrorists".

Mar 3, 2004
OKC
That's a fallacy. Not every Muslim supports what bin Laden did. McVeigh was clearly a terrorist. He absolutely had sympathizers, and I bet a significant portion of his sympathizers probably categorized themselves as Christian.

It's definitely not fair for people to say that as a result all Christians are terrorists. It's not fair to say that Christianity advocates blowing up federal buildings killing innocent people.

I guess my point is that people use "Muslim" and "terrorist" like they are interchangeable terms. I hope the Taliban, Al Qaeda burn in hell. Not Muslims. And I'm pretty sure most people feel the same way (hopefully). Unfortunately I think Americans have been conditioned to think that Muslims are inherently evil and are "terrorists".
Before 9/11 I was well aware of what Muslims are about. If you read the Koran you would see that killing people and violence is part of their religion. Anyone who denies that amazes me.

Yes, some of the Muslims don't follow that part of their religion, but that makes me scared. I always will be weary of Muslims b/c it is part of the religion. What happens if the Muslims gain majority??? Do the Muslims that aren't violent now b/c they are the minority change therir stance?

B/c of that, you can't compare the Christian thing the Muslim thing. No where does the Bible tell Christians to kill or die for their cause.

Mar 3, 2004
OKC
Also, in no way do I "hate" Muslims. I have some Muslim friends. But with what their Koran says, it kinda makes you wonder.

kaje

Let's Go Heat!
Nov 19, 2005
Stillwater, OK
www.maczealot.net
Paul feels the same way about the war on terror as he does the war on drugs. He voted to go after bin Laden, not fight some war on "terror", and sure as hell not to invade Iraq under false pretense. Is this news to you?

I think people confuse the issue. He's all for catching, punishing, and killing ANYONE who is a direct threat to the United States. He's not for preemptive strikes against third world countries with no military and who pose no real threat to us. Consider Iraq and how much bogus intelligence we cited and completely destroyed that country killing hundreds of thousands of people.

And the bottom line is that bin Laden is still frolicking around in caves.
Umm.. That's what I said. Most people with a head on their shoulders knows that the Iraq war is not the war on terror so why do you keep bringing that up? Paul voted to go to Afghanistan to take care of the terrorists responsible for 9/11. Has nothing to do with Iraq.

Feb 7, 2007
Umm.. That's what I said. Most people with a head on their shoulders knows that the Iraq war is not the war on terror so why do you keep bringing that up? Paul voted to go to Afghanistan to take care of the terrorists responsible for 9/11. Has nothing to do with Iraq.

Well you just said that you didn't know what I was going off about, so I explained. Which part were you confused about?

Feb 7, 2007
Before 9/11 I was well aware of what Muslims are about. If you read the Koran you would see that killing people and violence is part of their religion. Anyone who denies that amazes me.

Yes, some of the Muslims don't follow that part of their religion, but that makes me scared. I always will be weary of Muslims b/c it is part of the religion. What happens if the Muslims gain majority??? Do the Muslims that aren't violent now b/c they are the minority change therir stance?

B/c of that, you can't compare the Christian thing the Muslim thing. No where does the Bible tell Christians to kill or die for their cause.
If someone held a gun to your head and said the only way that you could escape death is if you denounced your God and religion, what would you do? Would you die for your cause? WWJD? Is that covered in the Bible?

The Quran does say something to the effect of killing infidels. They view us as infidels due to our foreign policy - in a nutshell - occupying and destroying their holy land so we can get our hands on their oil, and our support of Israel.

So in their mind, we are infidels.

I mean, imagine if China came over here. Told us Communism is the proper way, force their religion on us, take our most valuable natural resource, kill our family members, destroy our most sacred churches, cemetaries, monuments, etc.

Would you view them as infidels?

Do some Muslim countries appear to harber barbaric traditions? They absolutely do in our eyes. The Middle East has been at war for thousands of years. Nothing that we say or do is going to change that. Their line of thinking and justificiation seems completely wrong, just as ours does to them. Let them kill each other, blow up whatever, etc. etc. But lets not waste billions of dollars, thousands of lives to try and impose our way of life on them, like we are perfect.

Mar 3, 2004
OKC
If someone held a gun to your head and said the only way that you could escape death is if you denounced your God and religion, what would you do? Would you die for your cause? WWJD? Is that covered in the Bible?
Big difference between dying b/c of what you believe, and killing yourself to kill others b/c of what you believe.