GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
You really don't have a feel for this issue at all, do you?
I have a feel for what the Bible has taught me about the lessons of Christ and what actions Christ expects for me to take for those around me and I fail at them every day but try to live up to the standard.

I would challenge you to compare what you are hearing from ANY politician. Regardless or Party, and then compare it to the teachings and calls to actions of Christ and see if they match.

Media Issues/political positions/bias actions/etc. It is nothing more than Man Made nothingness.

Christ CLEARLY told us that his entire Law hinges on the things you read below. There are no prequalification's here...love em all. Just says to Love em and treat them the same you would as yourself

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
While Tucker is over the top, he's not wrong. These left cities have seen homeless encampments explode over the past few years. They allow them to do nearly anything they want with little to no repercussions. Just look at the videos in downtown LA, Venice, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, etc. Cities don't know what to do about the growing tent cities which is running out nearby businesses. The most bonkers solution is allowing theft up to a certain amount without penalty.

A few cities have been proactive and banned tents (Austin recently) and have gotten out in front of it before it's too late like the ones I mentioned above.

Boomer.....

Territorial Marshal
Feb 15, 2007
OKC
It reminds me of a recent story in Norman. A wealthy business family is having the police remove a homeless encampment near the river which has been there for many years. While this seems heartless and what you would expect someone like this to do, there were different reasonings behind it.

Homeless encampment to be cleared

“Due to the increase in fires and neighbors that have had items stolen, he doesn’t want to continue to allow them to stay there because it puts him at liability,” Studley said. “I told him I understand, I get it.”

A call to Mark Moore for comment was not immediately returned late Monday.

NPD spokesperson Sarah Jensen stated there have been 18 complaints for fire or smoke complaints on the property since 2020.

“The most significant concern of recent has been related to fires,” Jensen said. “They hold the greatest criminal and civil liabilities for the property owners.”

https://www.normantranscript.com/ne...cle_87fbf612-5c6f-11ec-9d4e-47f0fdb5b995.html

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
While Tucker is over the top, he's not wrong. These left cities have seen homeless encampments explode over the past few years. They allow them to do nearly anything they want with little to no repercussions. Just look at the videos in downtown LA, Venice, San Francisco, Portland, Seattle, etc. Cities don't know what to do about the growing tent cities which is running out nearby businesses. The most bonkers solution is allowing theft up to a certain amount without penalty.

A few cities have been proactive and banned tents (Austin recently) and have gotten out in front of it before it's too late like the ones I mentioned above.
people do not really want to admit it, but the homeless population issues of today all stem back to the deinstitutionalizing of Mental patients. As a society we've never recovered from it and it has led to multi generational homeless families.
From 1970 to 2016, the number of inpatient psychiatric beds in the United States declined from 413,000 to 37,679

There are currently an estimated 581,000 homeless people in the US with an estimate of 20-25% of these homeless suffering from a mental disorder. Basically 150,000 of these homeless people (had the US Fed Govt not Decentralized Mental Health institutions in the 60's) should be institutionalized and seeking and getting the professional mental health services they need. An estimated 107,000 homeless people NOT suffering from mental issues are US Military Vets.

If we were simply to focus on rehoming our homeless vets first (and stop paying for active duty gender reassignment pills and surgery, or paying for Erectile Dysfunction meds for active duty) and then recentralize Mental Health care in the US. We could easily, properly, and create an effectible end to ~ 45-50% of the homeless issue in America.

However, these types of solutions don't get non homeless voting people riled up to the point they want to blame the issue on some sort of political leaning etc and then vote to accept their supported political leaning.

The shear fact that there is a POLITICAL slant to HOMELESS people...is ABSURD in its very nature. Say it out loud. It is just silly that politics has ANY role in how we approach and deal with homeless people.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
people do not really want to admit it, but the homeless population issues of today all stem back to the deinstitutionalizing of Mental patients. As a society we've never recovered from it and it has led to multi generational homeless families.
From 1970 to 2016, the number of inpatient psychiatric beds in the United States declined from 413,000 to 37,679

There are currently an estimated 581,000 homeless people in the US with an estimate of 20-25% of these homeless suffering from a mental disorder. Basically 150,000 of these homeless people (had the US Fed Govt not Decentralized Mental Health institutions in the 60's) should be institutionalized and seeking and getting the professional mental health services they need. An estimated 107,000 homeless people NOT suffering from mental issues are US Military Vets.

If we were simply to focus on rehoming our homeless vets first (and stop paying for active duty gender reassignment pills and surgery, or paying for Erectile Dysfunction meds for active duty) and then recentralize Mental Health care in the US. We could easily, properly, and create an effectible end to ~ 45-50% of the homeless issue in America.

However, these types of solutions don't get non homeless voting people riled up to the point they want to blame the issue on some sort of political leaning etc and then vote to accept their supported political leaning.

The shear fact that there is a POLITICAL slant to HOMELESS people...is ABSURD in its very nature. Say it out loud. It is just silly that politics has ANY role in how we approach and deal with homeless people.
Cutting the number of soldiers you send into harm's way would do a lot more than cutting available benefits. You serve this country and answer that call, regardless of what I think of the mission, we have an obligation to serve you to the greatest extent possible. You can make fun of ED pills all you want, but sex is an integral part of many relationships and impacts overall wellbeing. I'm not taking that from someone who served. I also want to make sure we only send them into harm's way if it is absolutely necessary.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Cutting the number of soldiers you send into harm's way would do a lot more than cutting available benefits. You serve this country and answer that call, regardless of what I think of the mission, we have an obligation to serve you to the greatest extent possible. You can make fun of ED pills all you want, but sex is an integral part of many relationships and impacts overall wellbeing. I'm not taking that from someone who served. I also want to make sure we only send them into harm's way if it is absolutely necessary.
point I was making, there is waste in the Veterans Benefits program that SHOULD be investigated and shut down and that funding redirected to more critical Veteran issues such as substance abuse, dealing with mental health issues, and homelessness.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I have a feel for what the Bible has taught me about the lessons of Christ and what actions Christ expects for me to take for those around me and I fail at them every day but try to live up to the standard.

I would challenge you to compare what you are hearing from ANY politician. Regardless or Party, and then compare it to the teachings and calls to actions of Christ and see if they match.

Media Issues/political positions/bias actions/etc. It is nothing more than Man Made nothingness.

Christ CLEARLY told us that his entire Law hinges on the things you read below. There are no prequalification's here...love em all. Just says to Love em and treat them the same you would as yourself

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
I live in an area where this is a huge problem and we struggle to deal with the complexities of this issue, thank you. I volunteer at a local homeless shelter and understand firsthand some of the nuances involved here. I don't need to hear it from anyone, I see it around me every day.

There are absolutely people that choose this path, and there are people who wind up there through unfortunate sets of circumstances. There is no amount of aid that will pry some people out of this lifestyle. They have networks where they communicate where aid is offered, where it's been shut down, etc.. and migrate to/from different locations. Since Denver made possession of Heroin and Fentanyl just a minor ticket, junkies have taken over Union Station, 16th street mall and other downtown areas.

You're being extremely naive here. Imagine having someone camped on a city easement right in front of your home, how would you feel?

I do agree, though, that the substance abuse and mental health pieces of this are huge contributors the problem. Increased leniency only leads to more of the problem though, and there's demonstrable evidence to prove that.

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
point I was making, there is waste in the Veterans Benefits program that SHOULD be investigated and shut down and that funding redirected to more critical Veteran issues such as substance abuse, dealing with mental health issues, and homelessness.
I fully understood what you were saying and I disagree, both with the premise that we should start with scrutinizing benefits or that the things you outlined are waste, especially in light of the sacrifices those people made. If anyone should get the "Cadillac" of health services, it's veterans.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I fully understood what you were saying and I disagree, both with the premise that we should start with scrutinizing benefits or that the things you outlined are waste, especially in light of the sacrifices those people made. If anyone should get the "Cadillac" of health services, it's veterans.
Agreeing with you, I"ve never understood why VA facilities pay so poorly. There are obvious exceptions, but you get what you pay for with staffing at these places, and the mismanagement should be criminal in some cases. Do some reading on the new VA facility in Denver that went a DECADE over shedule and over $1 BILLION over budget-if it doesn't scream to you that serious reform is needed, I don't know what would.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
I live in an area where this is a huge problem and we struggle to deal with the complexities of this issue, thank you. I volunteer at a local homeless shelter and understand firsthand some of the nuances involved here. I don't need to hear it from anyone, I see it around me every day.

There are absolutely people that choose this path, and there are people who wind up there through unfortunate sets of circumstances. There is no amount of aid that will pry some people out of this lifestyle. They have networks where they communicate where aid is offered, where it's been shut down, etc.. and migrate to/from different locations. Since Denver made possession of Heroin and Fentanyl just a minor ticket, junkies have taken over Union Station, 16th street mall and other downtown areas.

You're being extremely naive here. Imagine having someone camped on a city easement right in front of your home, how would you feel?

I do agree, though, that the substance abuse and mental health pieces of this are huge contributors the problem. Increased leniency only leads to more of the problem though, and there's demonstrable evidence to prove that.
I was responding to Tuckers over the top insanity..hence why I said he was unhinged. Go back and listen to Tuckers "solution?" (not sure what he would call it) and tell me it isn't TOTALLY unhinged and it makes the GOP look HORRIBLE for him to say such things (he kinda has anointed himself the GOP mouthpiece"

You said it yourself the situation and issue is MUCH more complex than the unhinged ranting crap Tucker was spewing. You SHOULD be able to say 'Oh Holy CRAP Tucker you're insane and have no "feel" (word you used) for this problem". Instead you took that position with Me...for CALLING OUT TUCKER for his stupid ignorance because of #yourtribe? I guess?

You yourself agree that my position I laid out has some bearing in reality with the issue. Tucker NEEDS to be called out on this crap. he is the one that doesn't get it or understand it. I have a soapbox that is as big as this board. Tucker reaches millions and millions. Call out the guy who is spewing the pure garbage for it. it is OK and needed to do so.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
hard to get the Cadillac when there is so much corruption and Fraud. VA funding has QUADRUPLED between 2001 and 2018.....do you think this MASSIVE increase in funds is reaching our Vets the way it should ??

Yes, it NEEDS to be scrutinized.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/.../08/why-the-va-may-be-getting-too-much-money/

Last edited:
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
hard to get the Cadillac when there is so much corruption and Fraud. VA funding has QUADRUPLED between 2001 and 2018.....do you think this MASSIVE 400% increase in funds is reaching our Vets the way it should ??

Yes, it NEEDS to be scrutinized.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/.../08/why-the-va-may-be-getting-too-much-money/
That's an admin, oversight and incentives problem not a benefits problem. Those reforms, if successful, would help them get the benefits that are already allotted, not reduce them. Instead of reducing what veterans can get, there should be more investment in oversight and increasing actual delivery of benefits. Having worked some in a VA, that would include a massive upgrade in IT, which is largely garbage and difficult to use right now. EHRs are almost all difficult to work with, but having used five different ones, the one at the VA was by far the worst.