GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Mitch McConnell Says Black People Vote Just as Much as ‘Americans’
COME AGAIN?
Brooke Leigh Howard
Reporter

Updated Jan. 20, 2022 11:29AM ET Published Jan. 20, 2022 11:28AM ET

Anna Moneymaker
If only politicians thought before they talked. Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) seemingly implied on Wednesday that Black Americans are not true Americans. Following a failed vote on Democrats’ John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act in the Senate, the minority leader gave some ill-framed comments to the press. A reporter asked McConnell if he had a message for voters of color who are concerned that they will not have equal access to voting in the 2022 midterm elections. He replied, “Well, the concern is misplaced because if you look at the statistics, African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans.” By Thursday morning, McConnell was trending on social media for accidentally admitting that he doesn’t see Black Americans as real Americans.

"If you look at the statistics, African American voters are voting in just as high a number as Americans."​
—U.S. Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnellpic.twitter.com/GhzmMwTrFJ
— Ashton Pittman (@ashtonpittman) January 20, 2022

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
point I was making, there is waste in the Veterans Benefits program that SHOULD be investigated and shut down and that funding redirected to more critical Veteran issues such as substance abuse, dealing with mental health issues, and homelessness.
I fully understood what you were saying and I disagree, both with the premise that we should start with scrutinizing benefits or that the things you outlined are waste, especially in light of the sacrifices those people made. If anyone should get the "Cadillac" of health services, it's veterans.
Give them the Congressional health benefits and make Congress use the VA system health care.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
Looks like the bootlickers got their daily talking points email as well.

You don’t get to vote no on a bill and then claim credit for its passage over your no vote.

:blink:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
They put it in writing the ENTIRE GOP party...that what happened on Jan 6th was nothing more than Legitimate Political Discourse. BULLSH** How can any current TRUE conservative GOP member....POSSIBLY think this was discourse. HORSESH** Discourse by definition does NOT move out of the written or spoken realm as soon as it became Physical the idea of Political Discourse went out the window

dis·course

noun

/ˈdisˌkôrs/
  1. written or spoken communication or debate.
    "the language of political discourse"
Political Discourse: The text and talk of professional politicians or political institutions, such as presidents and prime ministers and other members of government, parliament or political parties, both at the local, national and international levels, includes both the speaker and the audience.

So I guess those BLM protest turned Riots were Legitimate Social Discourse then ???

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
They put it in writing the ENTIRE GOP party...that what happened on Jan 6th was nothing more than Legitimate Political Discourse. BULLSH** How can any current TRUE conservative GOP member....POSSIBLY think this was discourse. HORSESH** Discourse by definition does NOT move out of the written or spoken realm as soon as it became Physical the idea of Political Discourse went out the window

dis·course

noun

/ˈdisˌkôrs/
  1. written or spoken communication or debate.
    "the language of political discourse"
Political Discourse: The text and talk of professional politicians or political institutions, such as presidents and prime ministers and other members of government, parliament or political parties, both at the local, national and international levels, includes both the speaker and the audience.

So I guess those BLM protest turned Riots were Legitimate Social Discourse then ???

I’m glad I’m no longer a Republican. This is exactly why I’m independent now.

Apr 13, 2021
Northern California

You don’t get to vote no on a bill and then claim credit for its passage over your no vote.

You do when you supporters have separated themselves from the "fake news" that would point that out. They surely won't hear about any of this hypocrisy on Fox News. Just a steady diet of democrats bad republicans good. This pandemic IMO has shown how the influence of news media bubbles.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Don't know about the arguing very hard, but I remember that he didn't want to show his records from before he started his campaign.
I honestly would be interested in seeing how much money Fauci has and where it's come from. The fact that he will retire as they highest paid federal retiree is mind boggling also.

Maybe any records that pertain to their current position? I don't know honestly. This is an interesting topic since they do work FOR the citizens of this country...... But, do we want to put another reason in place for people to not want to be a public employee.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I want to see them all. Before. During. After.
everyone has an overwhelming desire to belong to something, anything. For some people, it is a country club, bowling league, pinochle group, MMORPG, college sports forum, car club....and then there are these people....
They should’ve been normal and join orange power like all of us other normys.
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1484249151269441547
That’s exactly how the game is played. Don’t be mad because they’re good at the rules.
I have a feel for what the Bible has taught me about the lessons of Christ and what actions Christ expects for me to take for those around me and I fail at them every day but try to live up to the standard.

I would challenge you to compare what you are hearing from ANY politician. Regardless or Party, and then compare it to the teachings and calls to actions of Christ and see if they match.

Media Issues/political positions/bias actions/etc. It is nothing more than Man Made nothingness.

Christ CLEARLY told us that his entire Law hinges on the things you read below. There are no prequalification's here...love em all. Just says to Love em and treat them the same you would as yourself

Matthew 22:36-40

New International Version

36 “Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’[a] 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’[b] 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.
I live in an area where this is a huge problem and we struggle to deal with the complexities of this issue, thank you. I volunteer at a local homeless shelter and understand firsthand some of the nuances involved here. I don't need to hear it from anyone, I see it around me every day.

There are absolutely people that choose this path, and there are people who wind up there through unfortunate sets of circumstances. There is no amount of aid that will pry some people out of this lifestyle. They have networks where they communicate where aid is offered, where it's been shut down, etc.. and migrate to/from different locations. Since Denver made possession of Heroin and Fentanyl just a minor ticket, junkies have taken over Union Station, 16th street mall and other downtown areas.

You're being extremely naive here. Imagine having someone camped on a city easement right in front of your home, how would you feel?

I do agree, though, that the substance abuse and mental health pieces of this are huge contributors the problem. Increased leniency only leads to more of the problem though, and there's demonstrable evidence to prove that.
Think I already read the answer but I’m Seattle, they get violent when you try to be helpful. And yes. It’s the mental facilities.

See Binman above. I think they they played it very well. I mean, if you want to sign up and be an as$hol3, then you should be the best one possible.
I’m glad I’m no longer a Republican. This is exactly why I’m independent now.
Glad you’re out but being able to cast one group under any banner just doesn’t work anymore. There’s 10 different republicans subcultures and probably 20 for the dems. And several of them are starting to see their differences were orchestrated. Not sure if good or bad yet. And now you’re watching from the weeds with me. How’s that make you feel?

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Glad you’re out but being able to cast one group under any banner just doesn’t work anymore. There’s 10 different republicans subcultures and probably 20 for the dems. And several of them are starting to see their differences were orchestrated. Not sure if good or bad yet. And now you’re watching from the weeds with me. How’s that make you feel?
This was an official statement from the GOP, not an individual or a “subculture.”

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
This was an official statement from the GOP, not an individual or a “subculture.”
Oh I know about the rnc. You also said you were glad you weren’t a republican anymore. But there’s no single definition of what that means either. I’ve got republicans that think Jewish folks are tearing down the social contract with the media and that’s their argument. Are they republicans if that’s their personal view? Because I’ve got Democrats saying the same thing. So I can’t identify a party based on anti semitism. I’ve got GOP gals saying weed should be fully legal. I got Democrats saying the government is too big and out of control. It’s ever changing semantics based on scoring the most political points of your perceived base. The good news is that the base changes faster than the platforms. Which is why they are always behind the curve of what the people want.

I certainly don’t condone what the RNC said but then again. I don’t condone the RNC.

If you don’t identify your party in political forums, you’ll find more times than not, those from both sides will agree with you. Until you pick a side.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
You also said you were glad you weren’t a republican anymore. But there’s no single definition of what that means either.
trump is still in control of the republican party...republicans are either trumpsters or not; but if you are not, trump disowns you and you lose all the trumpster votes, and so republicans today seem to just overlook his constant narcissistic ways and constant lies so they don't upset trump...tell me I'm wrong...I pray to God I'm wrong...

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
trump is still in control of the republican party...republicans are either trumpsters or not; but if you are not, trump disowns you and you lose all the trumpster votes, and so republicans today seem to just overlook his constant narcissistic ways and constant lies so they don't upset trump...tell me I'm wrong...I pray to God I'm wrong...
Sorry. Not wrong. Morality is gone. It’s all about the cash. Just like your comments, there seems to be multiple republicans. There’s the conservatives that hate Trump and there’s the insolent voters that are only in it for their side or in it for their hate of Biden. I do enjoy reading comments from his hardcore supporters that don’t trust the vaccine. Watching the gymnastics that go on with that is entertaining.

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
Mitch McConnell Says Black People Vote Just as Much as ‘Americans’
COME AGAIN?
Brooke Leigh Howard
Reporter

Updated Jan. 20, 2022 11:29AM ET Published Jan. 20, 2022 11:28AM ET

Anna Moneymaker
If only politicians thought before they talked. Sen. Mitch McConnell (R-KY) seemingly implied on Wednesday that Black Americans are not true Americans. Following a failed vote on Democrats’ John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act in the Senate, the minority leader gave some ill-framed comments to the press. A reporter asked McConnell if he had a message for voters of color who are concerned that they will not have equal access to voting in the 2022 midterm elections. He replied, “Well, the concern is misplaced because if you look at the statistics, African American voters are voting in just as high a percentage as Americans.” By Thursday morning, McConnell was trending on social media for accidentally admitting that he doesn’t see Black Americans as real Americans.

"If you look at the statistics, African American voters are voting in just as high a number as Americans."​
—U.S. Republican Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnellpic.twitter.com/GhzmMwTrFJ
— Ashton Pittman (@ashtonpittman) January 20, 2022
Meanwhile, Biden says…….well, Biden’s handler says…….

21105C11-6085-4EB1-BF2B-491AFE811893.jpeg

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas) on Sunday said he does not agree with the Republican National Committee's characterization of Jan. 6 being "legitimate political discourse" if it applies to those who committed violence that day.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Rep. Michael McCaul (R-Texas) on Sunday said he does not agree with the Republican National Committee's characterization of Jan. 6 being "legitimate political discourse" if it applies to those who committed violence that day.
Good. He was my representative when I lived outside Houston. When we went to DC in 2015, we visited his office and one of his interns gave us a tour of the Capitol. We didn’t try and siege it the next day, though.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Good. He was my representative when I lived outside Houston. When we went to DC in 2015, we visited his office and one of his interns gave us a tour of the Capitol. We didn’t try and siege it the next day, though.
Soooo you're saying you did NOT siege the day?!?? :glare: