GOP truly has become a parody of themselves

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
Come on in. The Independent waters are just fine.
Only downside is primary voting, but then you just switch to whichever party you want for that ahead of primary season and then switch it back for the general (if you don't switch it back, you got tons of obnoxious mailers because the parties are absolutely tracking who switches).

Mar 11, 2006
Yeah, I'm keeping my R registration for this upcoming primary but probably changing it before the general if I can. They've lost me.
But what do you change it to? Independent, Libertarian, Forward? Or go Dem?

I am naively hopeful something will generate for Forward, but they need to start releasing a platform.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
CPAC had the Hungarian PM as a keynote speaker like a week after he said no race mixing in Hungary.

If you don't know this is an unofficial part of the GOP platform by now, you just don't care.
I used to think accusing the GOP of ANY form of Racism etc was just an easy target, political point etc and nothing more than an attempt to get POC away from voting for the GOP through falsehoods, misquotes etc

But the more things are revealed, the more toward the Trump sphere it slides. There are just too many examples of too many things that are just WAYYYYYY tooo questionable and they are happening on a more frequent scale and becoming more evident of being blatantly racist.

This just isn't the GOP I know. It just not them any more. It is a different level, different group and it is becoming a way of life and not a political party which is scary.

Nov 6, 2010
I used to think accusing the GOP of ANY form of Racism etc was just an easy target, political point etc and nothing more than an attempt to get POC away from voting for the GOP through falsehoods, misquotes etc

But the more things are revealed, the more toward the Trump sphere it slides. There are just too many examples of too many things that are just WAYYYYYY tooo questionable and they are happening on a more frequent scale and becoming more evident of being blatantly racist.

This just isn't the GOP I know. It just not them any more. It is a different level, different group and it is becoming a way of life and not a political party which is scary.
Like Trump, I don't think the majority of the republican party is particularly racist. It's just not a mainstream issue for most people anymore. However, there is a significant minority of those people out there, and with margins so slim on the national stage, I think they make a calculated decision to not alienate them to the point where they will stop showing up to vote. Unfortunately, the more oxygen they give them by throwing a bone their way every now and then, the more mainstream they become. Slippery slope for sure.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Like Trump, I don't think the majority of the republican party is particularly racist. It's just not a mainstream issue for most people anymore. However, there is a significant minority of those people out there, and with margins so slim on the national stage, I think they make a calculated decision to not alienate them to the point where they will stop showing up to vote. Unfortunately, the more oxygen they give them by throwing a bone their way every now and then, the more mainstream they become. Slippery slope for sure.
It makes sense that the Fringes become more visible if the party is willing to embrace/not push them away because of slim margins.

I just hate the idea of any party having to embrace the more extremes of the party to actually win a vote. Dems have been in that mode for 3-4 cycles now and this will be the 3rd Cycle for the GOP. Which highlights another MAJOR issue no one wants to talk about. Our Political Parties are a complete and utter Joke.

It has destroyed both parties, but historically I know where the fringes of the GOP have come from and who they support and much of that fringe is mired in skin color.

Nov 6, 2010
It makes sense that the Fringes become more visible if the party is willing to embrace/not push them away because of slim margins.

I just hate the idea of any party having to embrace the more extremes of the party to actually win a vote. Dems have been in that mode for 3-4 cycles now and this will be the 3rd Cycle for the GOP. Which highlights another MAJOR issue no one wants to talk about. Our Political Parties are a complete and utter Joke.

It has destroyed both parties, but historically I know where the fringes of the GOP have come from and who they support and much of that fringe is mired in skin color.
What is interesting to me, and others have pointed it out on this forum, but the Latino vote would be there for the GOP if they courted it. Makes me wonder if the racist portion of the party is more significant than I'm giving it credit for. You know they have to have numbers on things like this that aren't shared with the general population.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
How do you support a party doing these things...how do you remain a member???

Can you imagine the outrage had a Dem candidate ever said that the AG of the USA should he executed !!!!???

This is nauseating

https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1560312346228453376?t=4klggG3cn04uGDzVABS2_g&s=19

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Some of the school board's new members were backed by Patriot Mobile Action, a conservative Christian political action committee, the PAC said in a news release

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/1560397396219150337?t=V6h-vNjY8Ks1Y0FzJDFaSA&s=19

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
McConnell Cites "Candidate Quality" saying that the GOP may not flip the Senate. Candiate Quality Mitch? You mean crazy ass MAGA idiots

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1560567310691307525

The Tucker spells it out that the GOP should be winning but they aren't.

https://twitter.com/FirebrandPAC/status/1560423831889641474

Nobody seems to want to state the Obvious truth of the Candidates are crazy MAGA candidates that is going to cost the GOP votes