Gov. Mary Fallin signs welfare drug testing bill

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Townie this is for you, my daughter showed me this

I couldn't get my welfare check, WHY

But I can't relate to it since I have never drawn a welfare check before in my life, or been on food stamps. I seldom make it a practice to get high. If I ever want to feel high, I just breathe real hard and fast for about 30 seconds. It's legal and doesn't cost a penny.

Feb 13, 2010
Back in God's country!
This was written by a 21 yr old female who gets it. It's her future
she's worried about and this is how she feels about the social welfare big
Government state that she's being forced to live in! These solutions are
Just common sense in her opinion.

This was in the Waco Tribune Herald, Waco , TX , Nov 18, 2011

PUT ME IN CHARGE . . .

Put me in charge of food stamps. I'd get rid of Lone Star cards; no cash
For Ding Dongs or Ho Ho's, just money for 50-pound bags of rice and beans,
Blocks of cheese and all the powdered milk you can haul away. If you want
Steak and frozen pizza, then get a job.

Put me in charge of Medicaid. The first thing I'd do is to get women
Norplant birth control implants or tubal legations. Then, we'll test
Recipients for drugs, alcohol, and nicotine. If you want to reproduce or use
Drugs, alcohol, or smoke, then get a job.

Put me in charge of government housing. Ever live in a military barracks?

You will maintain our property in a clean and good state of repair.
Your home" will be subject to inspections anytime and possessions will be
Inventoried. If you want a plasma TV or Xbox 360, then get a job and your
Own place.

In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week
Or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways
Of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We
Will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo
And speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

Before you write that I've violated someone's rights, realize that all of
The above is voluntary. If you want our money, accept our rules. Before you
Say that this would be "demeaning" and ruin their "self esteem," consider
That it wasn't that long ago that taking someone else's money for doing
Absolutely nothing was demeaning and lowered self esteem.

If we are expected to pay for other people's mistakes we should at
Least attempt to make them learn from their bad choices. The current system
Rewards them for continuing to make bad choices.

AND While you are on Gov't subsistence, you no longer can VOTE! Yes,
That is correct. For you to vote would be a conflict of interest. You will
Voluntarily remove yourself from voting while you are receiving a Gov't
Welfare check. If you want to vote, then get a job.

If she'd run for office I'd vote for her. Can't disagree with ANY of this!

Feb 13, 2010
Back in God's country!
Well, what do you do with people who can't get a job? Put them in a bare, colorless prison where a common meal item is potato soup?
Pretty sure she addressed that:
In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week
Or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways
Of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We
Will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo
And speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

OrangeAggie

Assistant to the Moderater
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2004
Edmond
Well, what do you do with people who can't get a job? Put them in a bare, colorless prison where a common meal item is potato soup?
Her plan was a little extreme, but it's better than allowing these people to sit on their ass all day eating junk food and watching TV. It is completely ridiculous that there are no restrictions to the types of foods you can buy with food stamps.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
If you're serious, you don't know what you're talking about.
My friend you are a piece of work, I am going to refrain from an extended dialogue with you as you obviously have lived all of about 25 yrs and know little of history. If you want to continue with your non-sense that is fine, it is a free country. Just a little history for you slugger, the US confiscated the gold of everyone in the country making it illegal for them to own it, that is why fort knox was built, the US rationed all dairy products, steel, and virtually every other item that could be used for defense purposes or would be needed by soldiers in the field, and rationed back what they could. Have you ever heard of meatless tuesday, at your age and with the lack of historical education in today's schools I would suspect not. Certainly you don't believe that the soup lines of the 20's and 30's were welfare or maybe you do. While I cannot put you on ignore (I really enjoy the laughs from that posts you make) I also will not be responding again on this subject, I think the proverbial dead horse is tired of being kicked. You have shown your lack of intelligence and that is good enough for me.
Have a great weekend little buddy

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
My friend you are a piece of work, I am going to refrain from an extended dialogue with you as you obviously have lived all of about 25 yrs and know little of history. If you want to continue with your non-sense that is fine, it is a free country. Just a little history for you slugger, the US confiscated the gold of everyone in the country making it illegal for them to own it, that is why fort knox was built, the US rationed all dairy products, steel, and virtually every other item that could be used for defense purposes or would be needed by soldiers in the field, and rationed back what they could. Have you ever heard of meatless tuesday, at your age and with the lack of historical education in today's schools I would suspect not. Certainly you don't believe that the soup lines of the 20's and 30's were welfare or maybe you do. While I cannot put you on ignore (I really enjoy the laughs from that posts you make) I also will not be responding again on this subject, I think the proverbial dead horse is tired of being kicked. You have shown your lack of intelligence and that is good enough for me.
Have a great weekend little buddy
Thank you so much ksupoke. You're great at making me feel young. I'd hate to know all that stuff before and during WWII. I prefer studying about the various military battles from back then. But I already knew the government banned gold and quit minting gold coinage. I don't see how that part had much to do with the government giving out commodities.

No, I never heard of meatless Tuesday. Who has besides you? Your problem is you wanted to try to take so far back in time that surely even some of the oldsters on here may not be able to relate to what you were referring to as far as how government commodies were issued to needy people before the 1950s or 1960s. Besides that, not all of us have a degree in American history or can remember the fine details of whatever we tried to learn of history in school or college.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Her plan was a little extreme, but it's better than allowing these people to sit on their ass all day eating junk food and watching TV. It is completely ridiculous that there are no restrictions to the types of foods you can buy with food stamps.
What's extreme about expecting people to get a job and expecting people to take care of what has been given to them?

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Some people think it would go extremely beneath their dignity to be on their feet all day waiting on tables or janitoring.Who hasn't known of a person who thinks that way and makes fun of people who work such jobs?
I don't know what kind of narcissistic a-holes you know, but I don't know anyone who thinks that way.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

kenny41

Territorial Marshal
Aug 28, 2006
OKC/Tulsa
I've always wondered how cost effective it would be to just make the food (at least what you can grow in Oklahoma anyways) instead of giving them a money stipend...

I mean, the whole vertical integration from the farmer to the store is pretty long...

It starts with the farmer, then goes to an intermediary, then goes to a procurer (mill/slaughterhouse), then goes to a wholesaler who sets the price at a gross margin, then goes to the store who sets the price at a mark-up. Each step has to increase the price of the initial product to make a profit, so why do we have to pay extra for all that since we lose money on food stamps anyways? I read somewhere that we average like $50 million a month in food stamps alone... Couldn't the state just start making bread, cheese and raising beef, chickens, and swine to cut the cost of the food value chain?

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
I don't know what kind of narcissistic a-holes you know, but I don't know anyone who thinks that way.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2
I am guessing that would be the people the young lady was telling to 'get a job', what work at menial labor when I can do nothing and get paid, not gonna happen.
Once again there are people who are not able to provide for themselves, that is who welfare is for as that is a responsibility of the government.
There are people who otherwise could provide for themselves but find they cannot, that is where charity comes in.
Then there are those who would live at the government trough forever, they deserve our prayers and encouragement and little else.

Dec 29, 2008
Stillwater
I am guessing that would be the people the young lady was telling to 'get a job', what work at menial labor when I can do nothing and get paid, not gonna happen.
Once again there are people who are not able to provide for themselves, that is who welfare is for as that is a responsibility of the government.
There are people who otherwise could provide for themselves but find they cannot, that is where charity comes in.
Then there are those who would live at the government trough forever, they deserve our prayers and encouragement and little else.
How should we distinguish between them?

TexasPete

Banned
Banned
Mar 21, 2009
Right smack dab in the middle of Texas
And yet somehow people manage to fail them all the time. The truth of the matter is, there is almost nothing that you can take or put into urine that can't be detected.
But who says the urine thats being tested is the users? I know several people that have passed pee tests that use weed and they just go "borrow" some from a nonuser friend..........