Gundy Signs an Extension

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What about the coordinators?
Somebody that I've talked to has stated that Gundy's very specific want was to get this contract done and the moment this contract was signed was to start negotiating the contracts for his assistants.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Somebody that I've talked to has stated that Gundy's very specific want was to get this contract done and the moment this contract was signed was to start negotiating the contracts for his assistants.

This was my thought. They probably needed to reset his extension after the COVID adjustment he agreed to last year. It’s hard to negotiate assistants when the head coach is somewhat in limbo.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
What about the coordinators?
Not sure signing an assistant to a new deal really gets you anything. If they’re pursued as a HC, any broken contract with OSU will just be round-off in the final analysis. If an assistant is pursued to be a coordinator at a blueblood, same thing.

Might as well see how the season plays out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 18, 2010
Beating Texas in Austin (again) will bring more Texas HS students to OSU.

If you live in Stillwater, you know how many Texas kids go to OSU. Football is a significant marketing tool for the University, especially in a football crazy state like Texas.

Wins like last Saturday generate a lot more revenue than what you get from TV contracts.

Glad our new admins got this worked out. And they did it without months of saber rattling from the AD/HC.

Nov 18, 2010

Really like this and hope its true. Knowles has put together the best Defense we've seen at OSU in a very long time. Give him a lot of money.

He keeps putting together defenses like this, someone will eventually make him a head coach. But the least we can do is make sure Knowles sticks around until that HC job offer comes from somebody with a lot of money/prestige.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
Why rush to extend a coach when you could have done it in the offseason after you see the entire season.
And to ensure Gundy doesn’t allow other schools to come flirt with him. We don’t need more uncertainty in the program right now with all the conference re-alignment stuff going down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk