Has anyone considered…Big 12 tiebreakers

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
In a 3-way tie between OU, OSU and BU, BUs win vs ISU would have them advance against the winner of Bedlam. In this scenario it would be OU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How does head to head not matter first? That makes zero sense.
In a 3-way, the head to head between the 3 is 1-1. The next tiebreaker is common conference opponent from top to bottom. Once a team or teams are eliminated, then the head to head result of the two remaining teams determines who advances.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
I keep saying this guys...

As long as OU beats Iowa State and OSU beats Tech, the tiebreakers don't matter. If those two things happen (highly probable) OSU plays in the CCG.
Correct, people are loosing sight that if OU beats ISU and us we do not have a three way tie. If OU beats ISU and we beat TT the worse case scenario is we fall in a two way between us and Baylor.

As bad as it will hurt we need to pull for OU Saturday.

Nov 18, 2011
So we want ou to win, and we win, and assuming Baylor wins we have the ability to knock ou out of the CCG in Bedlam, with worst case being getting a rematch in the CCG. If ou does turn around and lose to ISU at home, then they are really really mediocre, no better than TCU, and we should dominate them.

Oct 7, 2012
I'll pull for Iowa State, thanks. I'd rather have a better chance of playing anyone else in the CCG. Hate the thought of playing the land thieves two weeks in a row. Would take the entire off-season to get that stink off.
I agree that playing OU two weeks in a row isn’t appealing. And I’m getting the cart way before the horse here, but I’m trying to figure out what path, IF ANY, is possible to the CFP. I think beating BU in the CCG after winning Bedlam might do the trick. “Might” being the operative word.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I'll pull for Iowa State, thanks. I'd rather have a better chance of playing anyone else in the CCG. Hate the thought of playing the land thieves two weeks in a row. Would take the entire off-season to get that stink off.
100% Right.

OSU fans rooting for OU to beat a team that we didn’t so that when we lose to OU at home we get to play them again by default.

That’s the biggest heap of little brother crap I’ve ever seen.

I’m betting on my pokes all the way. We control our destiny. We don’t NEED OU to do anything if we take care of our own business. We’re are the better team.

To hell with OU. I hope they never win another game.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I agree that playing OU two weeks in a row isn’t appealing. And I’m getting the cart way before the horse here, but I’m trying to figure out what path, IF ANY, is possible to the CFP. I think beating BU in the CCG after winning Bedlam might do the trick. “Might” being the operative word.
The only Shot the Big12 had of making the CFP without getting help from the outside died last week in Waco.

Some people on here swore a 12-1 OSU beating a previously undefeated OU back to back would have pushed us over Oregon. However, that was HIGHLY unlikely. Nobody valued OU, thats why they were ranked below a slew of 1 loss teams.

It’s exactly why the CFP has stacked the Big10 the way they did. It guarantees a 1-loss Big10 (Likely tOSU) is in, period. The argument will be made that Oregon had a loss but had the best win of all contenders. In hindsight it’s hard to say the Stanford loss is much worse than losing to ISU.

The good news is, I think UGA is the real deal. I don’t see them losing to Alabama - allowing the SEC only 1/4 spots. I think it’s also possible for Oregon to stumble this weekend or in the CCG.

Aug 31, 2016
Wichita,Ks
It is very possible a one loss OSU sneaks into the four spot if we win out. Alabama will lose to Georgia and there's no way Cincinatti gets into over the Big 12 champion. Oregon may very well lose to Utah next weekend as well.

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
100% Right.

OSU fans rooting for OU to beat a team that we didn’t so that when we lose to OU at home we get to play them again by default.

That’s the biggest heap of little brother crap I’ve ever seen.

I’m betting on my pokes all the way. We control our destiny. We don’t NEED OU to do anything if we take care of our own business. We’re are the better team.

To hell with OU. I hope they never win another game.
Yeah if "Hunk of crap" means common sense. Having a guaranteed spot a week early is an advantage to the fans who plan to go as well as an advantage for Bedlam itself.

If Baylor wins their next two games and we beat TT, OU would have to win Bedlam to get into the CCG regardless of what they do with ISU. Under this scenario they are the #1 seed with a ISU win and knock us off in a tiebreaker if they lose to ISU this weekend.

The the chances of an OSU vs OU CCG are actually not that great and if Baylor wins out they are virtually zero.

Last edited:

PistolPete'sMustache

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 3, 2010
Tulsa, OK
So we want ou to win, and we win, and assuming Baylor wins we have the ability to knock ou out of the CCG in Bedlam, with worst case being getting a rematch in the CCG. If ou does turn around and lose to ISU at home, then they are really really mediocre, no better than TCU, and we should dominate them.
This. We want ou to win and us to win. We’re then guaranteed a spot before bedlam. I also want BU to beat KSU because we can avoid a bedlam rematch by beating Ou. We’d then play Baylor in the CCG. Worst case we lose bedlam and get another shot at them. The sweetness of keeping ou out of the title game after their sec bullshit would be great.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
What a sucky way to break a tie....let's have the team who lost to the 8th place team in the conference, advance to the championship game ahead of the two teams who lost to the 4th place team in the conference. There's got to be a better way.

But since that's what we're stuck with; go sooners. :vomit:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
In a 3-way tie between OU, OSU and BU, BUs win vs ISU would have them advance against the winner of Bedlam. In this scenario it would be OU.

How does head to head not matter first? That makes zero sense.
Nevermind. Misread that.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited: