Has anyone considered…Big 12 tiebreakers

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
Dam u , Gumby!

I was sitting here drinking coffee, reading the message board, basking in the afterglow of one the most dominate Poke defense games I’ve seen in my 60 years of bleeding Orange...........

And WHAM! You painted the playoff scenario. And whether we will admit it out loud, and despite all the “we win out” talk, most of us got the Bedlam Spectre lurking in the dark orange recesses of our cranium. And every now and then until then, we’ll get a whiff of the stink of Bedlam Record and “it’s just another game” bs. And we will throw up just a little in our mouth thinking about it. Oh, the humanity.......

Press On
Thanks, I threw up just a little in my mouth from reading this. Must you be so discriptive? Might as well have thrown Squinky into the discussion. ;)

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
we‘ll win out, including Big12 Championship.
then see where we end up in CFP.
That will depend more on what happens to other teams then our Championship

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Dam u , Gumby!

I was sitting here drinking coffee, reading the message board, basking in the afterglow of one the most dominate Poke defense games I’ve seen in my 60 years of bleeding Orange...........

And WHAM! You painted the playoff scenario. And whether we will admit it out loud, and despite all the “we win out” talk, most of us got the Bedlam Spectre lurking in the dark orange recesses of our cranium. And every now and then until then, we’ll get a whiff of the stink of Bedlam Record and “it’s just another game” bs. And we will throw up just a little in our mouth thinking about it. Oh, the humanity.......

Press On
I don’t think Knowles has the stigma about Bedlam that many think Gundy has. We can win Bedlam with defense this year.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
There could be a 4-way tie for 1st in the B12?

ISU and BU win out.
OSU beats TCU and TTech
OU beats OSU

4-way tie OSU, OU, ISU and BU all finish 7-2.

ISU and BU play the CCG. Yuk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ou ain’t losing 2 to Baylor and ISU.
I didn’t think….

TCU had a chance v Baylor
WVU had a chance v ISU
UT could lose 4 in a row

Just sayin…

Mar 31, 2011
What's unfortunate is that OSU would benefit the most in the eyes of the committee by beating a previously undefeated (and very highly ranked) OU team in Bedlam, and then avenging the only loss, which was by three points in a game with two(?) missed field goals, in the championship game against ISU.

But that situation can't happen because the B12 thinks it's cute with 10 teams and no divisions.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What's unfortunate is that OSU would benefit the most in the eyes of the committee by beating a previously undefeated (and very highly ranked) OU team in Bedlam, and then avenging the only loss, which was by three points in a game with two(?) missed field goals, in the championship game against ISU.

But that situation can't happen because the B12 thinks it's cute with 10 teams and no divisions.
How do you assume that they would split divisions that would allow us to end up meeting Iowa State in the championship game? North South would put us with Iowa State in the North division. East West would be a little harder to figure out but depending on how that angled out would still be in then same division as Iowa state.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
So have we settled on what happens if:

1) We win our next two and lose to OU (highly likely given history)
2) Baylor and ISU win out (both beating OU)

Doesn't that put four teams at 7-2? OU, OSU, BU, ISU.

Who goes to the champ-in-chip game?

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
So have we settled on what happens if:

1) We win our next two and lose to OU (highly likely given history)
2) Baylor and ISU win out (both beating OU)

Doesn't that put four teams at 7-2? OU, OSU, BU, ISU.

Who goes to the champ-in-chip game?
There could be a 4-way tie for 1st in the B12?

ISU and BU win out.
OSU beats TCU and TTech
OU beats OSU

4-way tie OSU, OU, ISU and BU all finish 7-2.

ISU and BU play the CCG. Yuk