Heisman Trophy Presentation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 10, 2005
Tulsa, OK
Ball
Griffin III
Luck
Matthieu
Richardson

One of these things is not like the other. One of these things is not quite the same.

It just really bothers me not to see Weeden not in contention. Just not right. At. All.

Jan 13, 2005
I watched an interview during half time of the army navy game and they said something like RG3 refuses to lose... And i thought Except the three times he lost..

PistolChad

Galaxy Stranger
A/V Subscriber
Jun 23, 2004
Weeden played like crap @ Iowa State for the nation to see when he was considered the Heisman favorite. He had his chance and blew it.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
Weeden played like crap @ Iowa State for the nation to see when he was considered the Heisman favorite. He had his chance and blew it.
Pretty sure Griffin played like crap at least once for the nation to see (OSU) and twice regionally (for most to see). Yet he's going to win the thing by 300ish points. Unreal.

Jul 7, 2010
Saratoga Springs, NY
Pretty sure Griffin played like crap at least once for the nation to see (OSU) and twice regionally (for most to see). Yet he's going to win the thing by 300ish points. Unreal.
Point is Weeden did it on Friday night as a leading candidate. Listen, just because we all agree Weeden is the best QB doesn't men we have to have sour grapes and try to pretend that RG3 isn't an amazing talent. He can take his awards, I'll take the Fiesta Bowl.

Aug 9, 2006
Dallas
I'd vote for RG III. I think he is the best individual player out there. And this is coming from someone who thinks he has always been overrated. I think he finally lived up to the hype this year.

I think the fact that he has been hyped up (often overhyped) so long, and the fact there are no marquee players on an undefeated team have helped his cause. It doesnt hurt that a Bama RB won it last year.

CowboyMRW

#MAGA
A/V Subscriber
Jul 30, 2008
Probably a Power Plant
I'd vote for RG III. I think he is the best individual player out there. And this is coming from someone who thinks he has always been overrated. I think he finally lived up to the hype this year.

I think the fact that he has been hyped up (often overhyped) so long, and the fact there are no marquee players on an undefeated team have helped his cause. It doesnt hurt that a Bama RB won it last year.
Cam won it last year...

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
Point is Weeden did it on Friday night as a leading candidate. Listen, just because we all agree Weeden is the best QB doesn't men we have to have sour grapes and try to pretend that RG3 isn't an amazing talent. He can take his awards, I'll take the Fiesta Bowl.
He's talented. He's not Heisman talented. That's not sour grapes. That's just fact.

Bowers2

Stackin' Joe's Cups
A/V Subscriber
Jul 31, 2006
Edmond
It's going to bother me if Robert Griffin wins. He did NOT score a touchdown in the first three quarters of our game and was down 49-3 when he finally did. Do people just forgive him that?

Fade

Sheriff
Jan 17, 2010
It's going to bother me if Robert Griffin wins. He did NOT score a touchdown in the first three quarters of our game and was down 49-3 when he finally did. Do people just forgive him that?
A lot of our fans forgive pretty much anything, unless 'we' (our team, one of our players) do it. Then the only blame is ours.

Nov 30, 2011
There's different standards for people. The Heisman isn't an award of merit and hasn't been for a while. The following evaluations aren't meant to disparage the players, as they are all good players.

RG3 is given a pass because he plays at Baylor. OSU isn't in that territory anymore. The past decade has proven that. So Weeden doesn't get a pass.

Richardson and Matthieu are there because they play for Alabama and LSU, and those teams play in the SEC. OSU isn't at this level yet in the eyes of the national media and national football culture. Richardson is a top five runningback in the nation, but is considered above Lamichael James and Montee Ball because he plays for Alabama, and Alabama is "in."

Matthieu isn't the best corner on his team (not by a long shot), and he's being afforded a spot in NY when other returners just as explosive were not in previous years because LSU is "in" and people want LSU to be represented.

I have no qualms with Ball's selection. He's been outstanding for Wisconsin.

Luck is there because many people decided Luck was the 2011 Heisman winner a year ago.

The fact is they are all good players. There are also a lot of good players not there. Weeden, Barkley, Moore and Wilson at QB. Lamichael at RB. It's just how it works.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
He won a game late against Oklahoma and Texas. He lost (apparently) at the right time. I guess if Weeden and OSU had lost to Iowa State in the first conference game but ran the table afterwards, Weeden would be there.

It's stupid. He's going to be a Heisman trophy winner and he got absolutely wiped out against OSU. But that never happened. He also threw the pick that lost the KSU game. But that didn't happen. He couldn't keep pace with a former WR playing QB for Texas A&M, a 6-6 team. But that didn't happen.

stonewallpoke

Provider Brigade
A/V Subscriber
Nov 19, 2007
Fort Stewart, GA
I guess let's get a thread on this so we can gripe about whoever it is. Or not.

Let's all agree on one thing at least: there will be no yelling of "BOOMER" at this year's presentation.

Pokeabear

Go ahead, make my millennium.
Banned
Feb 5, 2008
Saturn or Uranus
I hope beyond hope it is luck that way we smear that heisman tRophy off his neckbeardface, anyway screw rh3 if he wina, it just means we owned the heisman winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.