Heisman Trophy Presentation

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

VENTRINO

You've got 5 seconds.. and 3 are up.
Sep 10, 2008
The Dojo
Yeah, but Ball carried his team (with help from Russell Wilson) to a conference championship. Griffin didn't come close.
Wisconsin is consistently good, always near the top of that weak ass conference, then they pull a very good already proven qb in Russell Wilson. When is the last time Baylor did anything? They finished 3rd in a very tough conference.. and RG3 carried that team.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Wisconsin is consistently good, always near the top of that weak ass conference, then they pull a very good already proven qb in Russell Wilson. When is the last time Baylor did anything? They finished 3rd in a very tough conference.. and RG3 carried that team.
RG3 carried them with a first team all Big 12 RB WR and OL...

Sep 22, 2011
I love it!!!!
I'm over this, it was a forgone conclusion after the hype wave this past week, and it wasn't just espn. All of the media was calling for RG3.
The heisman has proven itself to be a popularity contest for several seasons now.
Congrats RG3 I hope you come back for another Osu mudstomping next season.
(but I doubt he will with Kendall wright leaving this year)

Sep 22, 2011
I love it!!!!
I'm over this, it was a forgone conclusion after the hype wave this past week, and it wasn't just espn. All of the media was calling for RG3.
The heisman has proven itself to be a popularity contest for several seasons now.
Congrats RG3 I hope you come back for another Osu mudstomping next season.
(but I doubt he will with Kendall wright leaving this year)

Apr 19, 2011
Congrats to RGIII in winning the Heisman. He had a great year and took Baylor to a level I never thought they would achieve. He completed 73% percent of his passes and is also a very good runner. I wish Weeden would have at least gotten and invite but I'm glad someone in the Big 12 got some love.

I think we all forget how terrible Baylor was before Griffon. Hell, I think he is the reason they even managed to do better in recruiting. Also, this wasn't a strong season for Heisman candidates, one player wasn't blowing you out of the water game after game. Monte Ball and Richardson were solid. Luck was good. Weeden was very good but had a tendancy to throw interceptions. Matheiu is fun to watch but actually isn't that special in coverage. And LaMichael James got both injured and was stopped in the game of national attention Week 1. If Suh was playing this year, he would have won the Heisman, but otherwise, Griffon was an exciting player to watch with name recognition, why not give it to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.