Hovland

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 7, 2006
Viktor is now 2nd in the FedEx Cup standings, just 38 points behind Patrick Cantlay.
He's so stupidly consistent. Here are his finishes since the beginning of the season (after U.S. Open):
T12
T47
T15
Won
T3
T31
T2
T6
T5
T2

So he's finished in the top 3 in 40 percent of his tournaments and finished in the top 20 in 70 percent of them. As was said earlier, if he didn't have the blowup 8 on 18 Saturday, he would have won this weekend. He's statistically one of the best players on Tour and now just needs to start stringing together Ws.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
He's so stupidly consistent. Here are his finishes since the beginning of the season (after U.S. Open):
T12
T47
T15
Won
T3
T31
T2
T6
T5
T2

So he's finished in the top 3 in 40 percent of his tournaments and finished in the top 20 in 70 percent of them. As was said earlier, if he didn't have the blowup 8 on 18 Saturday, he would have won this weekend. He's statistically one of the best players on Tour and now just needs to start stringing together Ws.
He’s the total opposite of Matthew Wolff. know everyone is so ga ga over Wolff’s swing but it is so based on timing. He’s gonna be “on” about 5-7 tournaments a year and he better make a lot of money those weeks. He’s shot 80+ in two of his last four tournaments. Great dude and I’m so thankful he helped bring us another Natty but if I’m placing money on who will have the better career it’s Hovy and it’s not even close!

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
He’s the total opposite of Matthew Wolff. know everyone is so ga ga over Wolff’s swing but it is so based on timing. He’s gonna be “on” about 5-7 tournaments a year and he better make a lot of money those weeks. He’s shot 80+ in two of his last four tournaments. Great dude and I’m so thankful he helped bring us another Natty but if I’m placing money on who will have the better career it’s Hovy and it’s not even close!
Quirky swings generally don't hold up well on tour. See Jordan Spieth's chicken wing. When he was hot if was great, but then fell off a cliff. Furyk lasted a long time, but I think Ryder Cup pressure really showed the flaws, where he was 10-20-4.

Last edited:

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
If i had to guess the player to break through and win a Major it will be Hovland first. Out of all our recent successful alumnus. As its been said Wolff could get hot and dominate a tournament but if I'm putting money on the line, the house is on Hovland.