How’s everyone feeling about Baylor.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I have a strange feeling of confidence going into this game. They say it’s really difficult to beat the same team twice in a year.

I just feel that we have gotten better every single week. I feel the last time we played them because of the early lead we were much more conservative in the 2nd and made it look a lot closer than it was.

We both have the same pressure of winning the championship.

We have added pressure of making the CFP

Baylor will be playing with a chip on their shoulder to avenge the loss.

Hoping OSU isn’t over confident that they will do it again.

I think BU is capable of the upset but I see the Pokes playing a sound game and winning comfortably.

How are you guys feeling about it?

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Baylor doesn't have Caleb Williams and the offense has come a long way since the last time we played Baylor. If Bohanon isn't 100% I think it will be a blood bath.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
One of their best players on defense, Terrell Bernard didn’t play the 1st game. Him and Pitre are probably their best blitzers. Looks like they have started running Smith more and throwing deep to their other RB Ebner. We will have to prepare for both QBs, Shapen is a better thrower, Bohanon a better runner. They had a real wake up call last week, they will be ready to play for sure.

OSU125

Wrangler
Sep 2, 2014
I think both teams have improved since the first game. Biggest question is who is their QB1 this week? Either way we should win this game, probably a good game if Bohannan plays, probably not much of a game if he doesn't.

But Aranda seems like a heck of a coach, so not counting them out by any means.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
They are closer to home...have played more games at the location I would think (maybe?). They have an outstanding head coach and a very good hardnosed defense. We will have to earn this one. Bring it like it's Bedlam! Get er done!

I'm just so pleased that neither ou nor texas is in this game! Go Pokes!!

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Against TTech, when QB Shapen had to go out for a play or two to shake off a tough hit, they brought in QB3 instead of Bohannon even though Bohannon was dressed. If Bohannon plays on Saturday, there's no way his hammy is anywhere near 100% and he won't have any scramble or run ability.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
I think it’s exactly like Bedlam. It’s all about us and what we do.

Come out and play defense like we know we can.

Don’t give them points via turnovers or penalties that extend drives.

We win comfortably.

We are better across the board. Lean on that defense, don’t make mistakes.

38-17

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Against TTech, when QB Shapen had to go out for a play or two to shake off a tough hit, they brought in QB3 instead of Bohannon even though Bohannon was dressed. If Bohannon plays on Saturday, there's no way his hammy is anywhere near 100% and he won't have any scramble or run ability.
Shapen is not built like Caleb Williams either so if he does play I think we will be able to get quite a few hits on him and actually be able to get him to the ground. Hopefully we can bottle up their run game again.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Shapen is not built like Caleb Williams either so if he does play I think we will be able to get quite a few hits on him and actually be able to get him to the ground. Hopefully we can bottle up their run game again.
Amazing to think that we got 6 sacks on Caleb and we think our defense could've done better.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
And we blanked tech. So?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
My point had nothing to do with Tech, it was that Baylor had a close game last week and I think they will be more focused this week. Someone else brought up that Tech wasn’t good and I showed that Tech is not a terrible team and has had some good games.

jnewtont

Territorial Marshal
Oct 18, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
My point had nothing to do with Tech, it was that Baylor had a close game last week and I think they will be more focused this week. Someone else brought up that Tech wasn’t good and I showed that Tech is not a terrible team and has had some good games.
I think you may have mistaken my attempt at humor for seriousness. But, along those lines, TT is 6-6 on the year and they lost to Texas which hardly everyone anyone did.