How’s everyone feeling about Baylor.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2017
Texas
my friend and I discussed that our win over 0U would depend a lot on if the refs let the DBs play physical. We are an aggressive secondary and often results in PIs. But if you are left on an island alot and your choice is a TD or a PI . . .. well, simple choice. Trick is not to get too many and that where the play allowed by the refs comes into play.
I hope the same refs are Bedlam are in Jerry World this weekend.

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
my friend and I discussed that our win over 0U would depend a lot on if the refs let the DBs play physical. We are an aggressive secondary and often results in PIs. But if you are left on an island alot and your choice is a TD or a PI . . .. well, simple choice. Trick is not to get too many and that where the play allowed by the refs comes into play.
I’d prefer the defense to not be allowed 2 steps into the neutral zone though.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
H

Hopefully, if the offense struggles, it doesn’t take one half of the game to figure out what needs to be changed. I’m playing more of a devils advocate here rather than doubting.
I just rewatched Bedlam. A) we were fortunate to win, given our turnovers; B) if we limit ourselves to one turnover, we score 50. On ou. I think we hammer Baylor and make a statement, come out with a 3-seed Sunday.

Nov 6, 2010
I think that's one of the things Knowles has instilled. He doesn't mind them getting a couple PI's early because the defense is good enough to overcome them. I also really think that after calling a couple of those early, the refs become less inclined to call them later on because they would rather the players decide the game than them, and Knowles realizes that and takes advantage. It also keeps the offense from gaining a lot of confidence early. Sure, they get a first down, but they don't get the big adrenaline boost from a long TD pass.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I would expect Jeff Grimes to have his offense come out trying to throw the ball downfield just like OU did. Our secondary has been the weak spot all season and Iowa State and OU were somewhat able to take advantage of that. We better hope the officials let the receivers and corner backs “play” rather than throw a flag for any sort of contact.
The secondary’s not weak, it just vulnerable because of our scheme. Stop the run, pressure the QB and leave our corners on an island.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

R Dub

Wrangler
Oct 24, 2020
Idaho
Baylor will have to be able to win the one on one matchups against our DB’s, much like OU was able to do in the first half. I trust Knowles will have a good plan. I feel pretty confident overall that we win…my only concern is that bedlam was such a physically and emotionally draining game…it can be hard to keep that same energy a week later. Gundy mentioned that the guys looked a little tired at practice on Tuesday. We are a mature team though so I feel good and think the guys will be ready.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Baylor will have to be able to win the one on one matchups against our DB’s, much like OU was able to do in the first half. I trust Knowles will have a good plan. I feel pretty confident overall that we win…my only concern is that bedlam was such a physically and emotionally draining game…it can be hard to keep that same energy a week later. Gundy mentioned that the guys looked a little tired at practice on Tuesday. We are a mature team though so I feel good and think the guys will be ready.
and add 11 AM KO . . . . need to bring the juice !

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Gundy talked about everyone being tired in practice on Tuesday and that all the players and fans spent a ton of emotion and that need to rally back and focus and felt better in practice on Wednesday. He's concerned about Baylor due to them playing very similar football to us. Said they play hard and are well coached in all three phases. Said it's an even game between two teams playing the best football.

My hope is we can put the emotion of last weekend behind us and get re-energized by gametime. I don't like that we play at 11am considering the draining nature of a very emotional victory. Do I still think we win? Yes, but it's going to be wrestling a bear.

Get err done! Go Pokes!!
Good thing is, it'll probably be like a home game with the number of OSU fans. But even if not a neutral site game really doesn't provide an advantage for either team at the 11:00 slot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Gundy talked about everyone being tired in practice on Tuesday and that all the players and fans spent a ton of emotion and that need to rally back and focus and felt better in practice on Wednesday. He's concerned about Baylor due to them playing very similar football to us. Said they play hard and are well coached in all three phases. Said it's an even game between two teams playing the best football.

My hope is we can put the emotion of last weekend behind us and get re-energized by gametime. I don't like that we play at 11am considering the draining nature of a very emotional victory. Do I still think we win? Yes, but it's going to be wrestling a bear.

Get err done! Go Pokes!!
Good thing is, it'll probably be like a home game with the number of OSU fans. But even if not a neutral site game really doesn't provide an advantage for either team at the 11:00 slot.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I’ll be shocked if it’s not close to 50/50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
and add 11 AM KO . . . . need to bring the juice !
I agree with this as being my only concern. There is no doubt most of our players left everything on the field against ou, particularly Harper. I guess that's where depth comes in, but I don't think we have much at LB. 11 am start doesn't help with this either, but I think we overcome because we're just better than them. It will be interesting if we see Cobb in some early series at LB. We have the luxury of Sterling being back at safety now, so not concerned about that position. Maybe less Oliver early in the game at DE??

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
Players and coaches prefer the 11:00 kickoffs. Just get up in the morning and start your pregame routine, don't have to pound sand all day at the hotel waiting for an evening kick.