How’s everyone feeling about Baylor.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 6, 2010
My thoughts are we won't lose the TO battle with them 0-3 this time, and we win going away. We'll probably give up a drive early and may be down by the end of the first quarter, but then Knowles and these seniors will do what they do, adjust and dominate the latter half of the game. I don't really think it matters much who they play at QB, this is our year. Guys it's hard to fathom how many mistakes we overcame and still beat ou. No way we do that much stupid stuff in this game, we got it out of our system. We are the better team and it will show.

Oct 11, 2008
Oklahoma City, OK
I fully expect a large-scale meltdown in the game thread when we aren't up 28-0 by halftime and we've run the ball when a lot of football experts here think we shouldn't have.

That said, 24 should be enough to win, and Tech made Baylor's defense look pedestrian.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
And we blanked tech. So?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
My point had nothing to do with Tech, it was that Baylor had a close game last week and I think they will be more focused this week. Someone else brought up that Tech wasn’t good and I showed that Tech is not a terrible team and has had some good games.
I responded specificallyTo your ISU ttech comment. They beat ISU, but we beat them.

O-St8

Orange is power.
A/V Subscriber
Jan 13, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
It'll be a battle on Saturday. The way Aranda runs his program, they'll be all business. I do think we will win but it won't be a blowout. I could see another 10 point win. Maybe 13? Somewhere in the vicinity of 31-20...34-21. Something like that.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I’m just bummed I’ll most likely have to miss it. We have a wrestling dual tournament on Friday and Saturday. I’ll miss it unless both of the teams I coach get eliminated on Friday

Jul 27, 2011
Bixby
Against TTech, when QB Shapen had to go out for a play or two to shake off a tough hit, they brought in QB3 instead of Bohannon even though Bohannon was dressed. If Bohannon plays on Saturday, there's no way his hammy is anywhere near 100% and he won't have any scramble or run ability.
Shapen is not built like Caleb Williams either so if he does play I think we will be able to get quite a few hits on him and actually be able to get him to the ground. Hopefully we can bottle up their run game again.
Amazing to think that we got 6 sacks on Caleb and we think our defense could've done better.

Feels like we easily could've had 10+ sacks. Credit to Williams for being so tough to bring down.

If we had gotten him down every time we had a chance, it would have been a very different game.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Dec 17, 2011
We played them so long ago which imo is a good thing for us. I feel like we have developed more while they have maintained the same course they were on.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
We played them so long ago which imo is a good thing for us. I feel like we have developed more while they have maintained the same course they were on.
Yeah. Playing a team back 2 back is where beating them twice becomes hard. Each team is different now than they were several weeks ago and so it makes it easier.

Oct 29, 2016
US
Obviously, I'm not worried about the defense. The game will depend on which SS shows up. Can't have another 2+ turnover game and expect to win. I think we'll win by a touchdown, maybe 10 points. I gotta give Dave credit.. he's done an incredible job this year. Baylor is no pushover obviously, unlike last year. We win tho and will earn a CFP birth.

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
I have a strange feeling of confidence going into this game. They say it’s really difficult to beat the same team twice in a year.

I just feel that we have gotten better every single week. I feel the last time we played them because of the early lead we were much more conservative in the 2nd and made it look a lot closer than it was.

We both have the same pressure of winning the championship.

We have added pressure of making the CFP

Baylor will be playing with a chip on their shoulder to avenge the loss.

Hoping OSU isn’t over confident that they will do it again.

I think BU is capable of the upset but I see the Pokes playing a sound game and winning comfortably.

How are you guys feeling about it?
I feel pretty confident, but I can't help but think back to 2011. It was all right there for the taking and we blew it. Also, Gundy has yet to lose to a team that we are favored to beat, as he does each year. However, this year feels different: this team is battle-tested, the defense is elite, special teams are solid, and the offense is getting better each week. With the maturity and leadership we have, I think we get it done. Also, Baylor's bread and butter is the power running game, which our defense is good at limiting. Their backup QB, Shapen, concerns me, as he is a pretty good passer who can also run, but we are the better team and I think we will show it again. I really can't believe we are in this position--all there for the taking once again. Come on, Pokes!!

Aug 31, 2004
Austin, TX
My point had nothing to do with Tech, it was that Baylor had a close game last week and I think they will be more focused this week. Someone else brought up that Tech wasn’t good and I showed that Tech is not a terrible team and has had some good games.
Tech's defense is not bad at all. They did a pretty good job against us.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I find it interesting that in Big12 play, OSU outscored opponents 310-138 while Baylor out scored opponents 268-182. That equates to an avg margin of victory of about 19 and 9 points respectively. The difference in our game was 10 points which is about the difference in avg margin of victory.

I’m a nerd going to bed now.

Peeb

Sheriff
Sep 6, 2008
Green Country
I actually think that they have gotten MUCH better over the season (much like we have). I just hope that our kids aren't spending as much energy thinking about Bedlam this week as I plan to! Focus, gentlemen, FOCUS.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
I just hope our guys are focused on this team and not the drama. Really need this team to be ready Saturday. The goals just get bigger from there if they take care of business.