How’s everyone feeling about Baylor.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
It takes at least 3 weeks to heal as well. He is on week 2 and without practice
3 weeks if its a slight pull. Potentially an entire season if it's a bad pull. The way he grabbed his hammy, fell to the ground, laid there in pain tells me it's probably a fairly bad pull. I'd bet money Aranda's talk about Bohanon getting back to practice is a smoke screen hoping to make us get ready for 2 qbs.

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
I looked back at the play by play to remember the context of the interceptions.

The amazing thing about our defensive performance was that Baylor capitalized on none of them. 3 INTs - 3 Punts. One of the INTs stopped a long scoring drive, but the other two happened around our own 30 yard line.

Jun 20, 2013
I'm nervous because Baylor got their wake-up call against Tech last wknd.

We are coming off a big, emotional win. All season, throughout the Big 12 and Nation, teams have reliably lost coming off big emotional wins.
I feel like we got our wakeup call somewhere around halftime/third quarter. The turnovers and us being down big had to have made our boys wakeup and realize nothing is a given.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Amazing to think that we got 6 sacks on Caleb and we think our defense could've done better.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
no kidding, right?!...I was thinking during the game how so freakin' elusive CW was and how he escaped so many times...we were all in him throughout the game!

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Went back last night and watched the game from earlier in the season. Here’s a few things I took away.

1. Our offense was actually pretty efficient in moving the ball. Issue was we would finally hit a wall just outside of FG range and have to punt. Definitely feel like our Offense has progressed since that game.

2. Baylor offense had a little more success than I thought. Don’t get me wrong, our D played fantastic! But the Baylor offense did a great job of getting the ball out of Bohanons hands quick. Which is very smart against our pass rush, have to attack the quick game.

Overall… I think maybe the biggest thing is now Baylor has to honor what we did in the Ou game on offense. We played more 10 personnel than any other game this year, ran up-tempo more than any other game, threw the ball more than usual and was actually efficient in doing so. So they will have to prepare for more on our offense by far than they had to going into the first game. Should be a very good matchup! Go Pokes!
Heck, just the no look reverse is gonna keep their D on a swivel watching for it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
If you've ever pulled a hamstring you know how bad it limits your movement. I can't imagine having our D chasing me a strained hamstring. I don't see that ending well.
I don't know you nor your athletic prowess, but I can't imagine you being chased around by our D on good hammy!

Nov 18, 2010
I’m pretty sure he’s very dinged up, but he’s a warrior. Was surprised that Richardson didn’t play more against OU for that reason
Hadn't seen anyone comment on this yet, but did you guys see what Warren did to the OU DB who made the interception? (Think it was late in the 3rd quarter)

OU DB snags the ball, Warren comes barreling in and sends him flying into the air, landing on his backside. OU DB feeling shame at being thusly de-cleated, jumps up and waves the ball in Warren's face, getting himself flagged for taunting. Pushes them 15 yards closer to their own endzone.

Dude is a warrior. If we can just get Warren through one more week of limited duty, maybe he will be healed up and ready for a full load by January 1st. Same with Sills.

PokeIncognito

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Aug 1, 2013
Here ya go:

Open OSU -4 now -5.5
No idea where that comes from.
Baseline is us by .4. Or a -.5 spread.

So I did the baseline since we last played. (7games)
Osu -11.57

So I did the baseline for the last 3 games.
OSU - 15.66

Last 3 Baylor (Tech, UO, @KSU)
Last 3 OSU (UO, @Tech, TCU)
I would take osu and the points up to OSU -11

Jostate

Identifies as a Cowboys fan
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I looked back at the play by play to remember the context of the interceptions.

The amazing thing about our defensive performance was that Baylor capitalized on none of them. 3 INTs - 3 Punts. One of the INTs stopped a long scoring drive, but the other two happened around our own 30 yard line.
That was really when we saw that our D was something special. Shutouts get attention but stopping a team when you give them the ball, already in field goal range is impressive.

Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
As long as we don't have a lingering big game let down from Bedlam or aren't awake and ready for the early morning start I think we should be fine and win. However, it's not an easy task, Baylor is physical and very well coached. I do expect a win, just not an easy one.
With all the media talk on the coaching carousel, specifically Riley in the Oklahoma media, we haven't had the attention we would have otherwise. That lack of attention and pumping up expectations will play a part in our guys remaining focused on beating Rapelor again.

Aug 16, 2012
Hadn't seen anyone comment on this yet, but did you guys see what Warren did to the OU DB who made the interception? (Think it was late in the 3rd quarter
I also liked during their punt just under the 7-minute mark of the 4th where our rusher (cannot make out who) knocks the upback clean off his feet sending him back and taking out their own punter.

Nov 18, 2010
I also liked during their punt just under the 7-minute mark of the 4th where our rusher (cannot make out who) knocks the upback clean off his feet sending him back and taking out their own punter.
I saw that and got nervous that it could be a penalty. Was waiting nervously for that little yellow 'flag' thing on the scoreboard at the bottom.

But I guess knocking their own guy into the punter is legal.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think I said something like “can’t call roughing on that, b*tch”