How about Baker yesterday? How'd he do?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
They're moving past him. If you think they just paid Watson $230 mil guaranteed, and have any thoughts of letting Mayfield impact their new direction, you're delusional.

Of course they don't want to pay his entire $18 mil, but nobody else in the NFL does either. Eating 10, or even the whole 18 in the face of a $230 mil investment is a no-brainer. All it is now is a handful of teams that might have an interest in the guy, a la, Sam Darnold to bring in and compete or back up, and they ain't paying what the Browns are asking. Cleveland will eventually get desperate enough to eat more and more of his contract as the summer drags on, and someone will pick him up for Geno Smith money.

It'll be cool when he does land with another team, though. We can hear again how much he gives to the game and how hard he tries.:thumbup:
And how much (one of the greatest narcissists of all time) would NEVER lose a locker room. I mean his teammates would take a grenade for him.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Then they have a nice season if that happens. And his trade value is higher. Either that or make him an expensive emergency qb. They were dumb enough to go out of their way to diminish his trade value this offseason and then further losing leverage with the watson fiasco. So if they are getting rid of him it'l prob mean they pay for a chunk of his salary and if that's the plan, they should be done with it already. sounds like they cant find a trade partner though which is why I talked about enhancing that value with good play on the field. what else could make a mayfield trade more appealing? other than offering to pay even more.
He’s about to finish his career with the best job on earth

Midnight Toker

Federal Marshal
May 28, 2010
Then they have a nice season if that happens. And his trade value is higher. Either that or make him an expensive emergency qb. They were dumb enough to go out of their way to diminish his trade value this offseason and then further losing leverage with the watson fiasco. So if they are getting rid of him it'l prob mean they pay for a chunk of his salary and if that's the plan, they should be done with it already. sounds like they cant find a trade partner though which is why I talked about enhancing that value with good play on the field. what else could make a mayfield trade more appealing? other than offering to pay even more.
He’s about to finish his career with the best job on earth
You imply this is the end of his career. Which means he will get no more contracts. So if he does end up signing another contract, then you would be wrong. Are you prepared to wrong on the Internet?

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
"However, I think it would be in the best interest of both parties if they at least try to make up and see what they can do with him at qb during watson's inevitable suspension. If he plays well enough, it will enhance his trade value and make it more likely to move him and get something in return."