How do starting Freshmen QBs fair in their initial Season of Big XII Play?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

BudBarryBob

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 18, 2011
Think about the following:

Landry?
Chris Simms?
Case McCoy?
David Ash
Garret Gilbert?
Wes Lunt?

Not very good!

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO

Landry? passed for over 3,000 yards threw 26tds and 14ints
Chris Simms? Nice try dumb ass. He threw 36 passes his freshman year.
Case McCoy? Again, you're stupid. He split time
David Ash- See above.
Garret Gilbert? Duh. He sucked.
Wes Lunt? He hasn't played yet, so this part of your post makes zero sense. You better hope and pray he sucks though.

Not very good!
Let's play a game.. You think real hard and try and figure out what other Big 12 QBs started or saw significant playing time as freshman. You left out some pretty good ones.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
Um Gilbert didn't start as a Freshman. He played in the National Championship game which he didnt start. Plus he still sucked as a sophomore.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
Let's play a game.. You think real hard and try and figure out what other Big 12 QBs started or saw significant playing time as freshman. You left out some pretty good ones.
Eh many of those weren't true Freshman. I know that wasnt the specific question but its the case.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Maybe they can pencil in a couple of conference wins and we can just red shirt everyone.

Jul 28, 2006
Tony Lindsay did pretty good. Martinez did pretty good. Brad Smith at Mizz did pretty good. Griffin did pretty good. McCoy, Bomar, Donovan woods, I could go on. History is not a substantial predictor of the near future and the past is nothing like you portray it.

BudBarryBob

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Sep 18, 2011
Tony Lindsay did pretty good. Martinez did pretty good. Brad Smith at Mizz did pretty good. Griffin did pretty good. McCoy, Bomar, Donovan woods, I could go on. History is not a substantial predictor of the near future and the past is nothing like you portray it.
I can't believe I forgot Tony Lindsay, lol!

PlatypusJojo

Mysterious as the dark side of the moon
A/V Subscriber
May 29, 2010
Boston

Landry?
Chris Simms?
Case McCoy?
David Ash
Garret Gilbert?
Wes Lunt?

Not very good!
Including Lunt in there to begin with shows how stupid you really are. He hasn't even played a game yet, so how can you include him in the "not very good" group?

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
How many of those ran a similar offense in HS?

1 - Wes Lunt
Are you that stupid. I realize that the op isn't the the brightest star in the sky. But listing to this stuff being spewed is annoying.

MOST QBS PLAY IN SIMILAR SYSTEMS IN HIGH SCHOOL AS THEY WILL IN COLLEGE. THIS IS WHY COACHES PICKED THESE KIDS BECAUSE THEY FIT IN THE SYSTEM.

I figure if I put that in caps you will guys will stop using that as a reason that Lunt wont fail.

soonerchris1985

Territorial Marshal
Jun 14, 2010
We all know that Bishop Carroll Catholic High School in Wichita is well known for it's Belldozer system. Didnt have too look far to prove your point = :poo: .
First off I said MOST(that is what we call a key word). Secondly, that's not OU's offense. we dont line up in that for every play, KSU does but not us. But you are at least trying to be clever so I give you props for that.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
First off I said MOST(that is what we call a key word). Secondly, that's not OU's offense. we dont line up in that for every play, KSU does but not us. But you are at least trying to be clever so I give you props for that.
I think this is one pointless thread you should just let slip into the Bedlam & Flame abyss. You seem to, at the very least, own triple the amount of brain cells that BudBarryBob has. (Which could very well be three guys fighting over a single one of them.)