1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

If we beat Texas...

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Im Ur Huckleberry, Oct 20, 2008.

1. Im Ur Huckleberry

We will finally get some "real" respect and "real" NC talk. Right now we are "the most overrated team in the top 10" and "don't have a solid win yet" (per sooner fans after Mizzou getting killed at Texas). I was just thinking about our team and realized:

1. We have the best special teams unit in Big 12
    2. We have the best rushing game in the Big 12
    3. We have arguably the best receiver in the Big 12
    4. We have arguably the best TE in the Big 12
    5. We have one of the top QB's in the Big 12
    6. We have the most underrated defenses in the Big 12

When you start listing these things out- it looks pretty impressive.

Don't know if we can win at Texas, but I certainly give us a chance.

BTW- about the Texas-Mizzou beatdown, if you watched the game, Texas played a flawless first half. One of the most impressive games I have ever seen. If they played that way against OU they would have won by 30. Mizzou is still a solid top 15 team.

2. CampusCowboy

CampusCowboy Federal Marshal

If we beat Texas, then we will absolutely destroy Iowa State. :D

3. docpoke

docpoke Deputy

...And be packed, loaded and ready for the shootout in Lubbock...but then that is a ways down the road.

4. t1m0thy

t1m0thy Walker told me I have AIDS

True
    True
    Not arguably. We do. And not just in the Big 12. In the country. Dez has 85 more yards and one less TD than Crabtree. Add in what he brings to the return game and it's not even close.
    True. In my opinion, if BP had been healthy all year this wouldn't be arguable. But Coffman has looked good, and Gresham would be thrown into the mix if he could block my grandma. But he can't so he's out.
    True. Once again, not just in the big 12, in the country. And if he outplays McCoy like he did Daniel, the last time he faced the leading heisman candidate, ESPN can't pretend he doesn't exist anymore.
    Also true. We have arguably the best defense in the big 12. Never thought I'd hear myself say that this year, but it's true. Texas's D (who nobody can talk about enough) held Missouri to 31 points IN AUSTIN. Ours held Missouri to 23 points IN COLUMBIA. No arguing that.

5. prettydarnorange

prettydarnorange 1994 Woodward Rodeo Mutton Busting Champion

amen brother... amen!

6. prettydarnorange

prettydarnorange 1994 Woodward Rodeo Mutton Busting Champion

and to be honest i'd put our return game up against anyone in the country

7. NEwherebutA&M

NEwherebutA&M Cowboy

Mizzou was lucky they even got a field goal in the 1st half against us. The game was over before it was halftime.

8. t1m0thy

t1m0thy Walker told me I have AIDS

I'd think after your recent history with us everyone on these message boards should know how true the saying "That's why they play 4 quarters" is :p

9. Bridgeport Cowboy

10. CowpokeMike

CowpokeMike Federal Marshal

i agree Mizzou scored a couple of meaningless touchdowns with under 8 minutes to play so those 31 points are a little skewed.

11. Im Ur Huckleberry

http://www.shaggybevo.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19844

Some Texas fan got ahold of this thread. It's funny b/c a few people said it was a reasonable post and then another guy chimed in "read what he put further down about holding mizzou to 31" then the guy responded "okay he's an idiot". Funny thing is- they aren't smart enough to figure out that I didn't post anything after the first and are trying to attribute another poster's words to my being an idiot.

After viewing some posts on this forum... I have concluded: Texas fans aren't to bright are they? ... Perfect!

12. cowboysfan07

cowboysfan07 Cowboy

Our D may be as good as Texas', but the Mizzou comparison does not prove it by any means. NEwhere is exactly right, they had the game before Mizzou was even on the board.

13. O-St8

O-St8 Orange is power.
    A/V Subscriber

This game will tell a lot. We have to play our best game of the year on both sides of the ball, but we have the talent to win.

And dude...cowboysfan07....who IS that in your signature pic?!? :eek:

14. Rob B.

Rob B. I'm......Batman.
    A/V Subscriber

7. We have a top 5 (in the nation) offensive line.

PLEASE don't forget the guys doing the dirty work, this group is awesome.

15. OSUFan

OSUFan Born to wear orange!
    A/V Subscriber

If you want respect from sooner fans, you never will get it. OSU beats Texas... ou fans will say it was a trap game for Texas between Missouri and Tech. If OSU wins a national title... ou fans will say win eight national titles and then we'll talk. ou fans will never give OSU respect no matter what OSU does.