Immigration truths the Democrats deny

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Congressmen and senators are supposed to be fighting for the American people, their constituents. But when Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer pounced on the president at the Oval Office on Tuesday for whom exactly were they fighting?

The Democrats are willing to sell out the country, law and order be damned, in order to deny Trump a victory over the wall.

A few years ago, they were all for fortifying the border but not now.

A new Gallup world poll found that nearly 160 million people around the world want to emigrate to the United States -- 160 million. How are we supposed to deal with that kind of demand for access to our shores? Obviously we can't absorb half of our current population. Or is that actually what the Democrats want? After all, that would be an entirely new country.

Even though illegals are forbidden access from federally-funded health care, Forbes magazine estimates that 3.9 million uninsured illegals receive about $4.6 billion in health services from the federal government, federal taxes. And $2.8 billion from state and local taxpayers goes to illegal immigrants. And $3 billion from higher payments by insured Americans. In other words, you are paying it because your costs are jacked up.

All told, Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year.

the catch and release policy, and chain migration, have also acted as magnets and that has ballooned our illegal immigrant population. Once in country, they place an enormous stress on local law enforcement. As I said, health care providers and our schools - resources that should be benefiting Americans and legal immigrants - this money should be spent on our people and the people who have respected our laws to come here and not on noncitizens who are illegally present.

Sure, give all the goodies to the illegals and leave the poor and the working-class to pick up the bill.

/source

Illegal immigration is making health care unaffordable for the working class of US Citizens.

Why do Democrats hate working middle class Americans?

Jul 7, 2004
Democrats have always claimed that they are for the middleclass but in reality they are a party of the rich, welfare class and now illegal immigrants. They haven't always been for the illegals just since Trump started running and became President.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Democrats have always claimed that they are for the middleclass but in reality they are a party of the rich, welfare class and now illegal immigrants. They haven't always been for the illegals just since Trump started running and became President.
They are for whatever they think gets them votes, to hell with actually having any ethics or principles on which they are firm.

Trump on immigration probably hasn't changed his view in 20-30 years. Democrats every damn time it rains have a different opinion.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
The Democrats immigration policy is hurting hard working American citizens!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I posted it in another thread, but literally both Bushes, both Clintons, Obama & Trump have said almost identical things regarding controlling the Southern border. They ALL talked about the criminal element, the need to protect US citizens, & the importance of rule of law. You can't make this stuff up.

What I see & hear more & more (granted, I'm in the People's Republic of Boulder here) is that some people really are for open borders & just don't say it.

Was driving in to work the other day listening to a local news station & they gave an update on the situation at the border. The 2 hosts went on & on about how if we just solved the problems in the countries the migrants are coming from, they'll just stay there. Their ignorance on how much money we send there, & the level of corruption that exists was astounding.

Now, mind you, the money for the wall's completely unacceptable to them. But let's get into nation-building there more than we already are.:facepalm:

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
I posted it in another thread, but literally both Bushes, both Clintons, Obama & Trump have said almost identical things regarding controlling the Southern border. They ALL talked about the criminal element, the need to protect US citizens, & the importance of rule of law. You can't make this stuff up.

What I see & hear more & more (granted, I'm in the People's Republic of Boulder here) is that some people really are for open borders & just don't say it.

Was driving in to work the other day listening to a local news station & they gave an update on the situation at the border. The 2 hosts went on & on about how if we just solved the problems in the countries the migrants are coming from, they'll just stay there. Their ignorance on how much money we send there, & the level of corruption that exists was astounding.

Now, mind you, the money for the wall's completely unacceptable to them. But let's get into nation-building there more than we already are.:facepalm:
How are we supposed to solve the other countries problems?

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
I'm all for immigration reform and border security, but unless Mexico literally pays for the wall, I ain't buying it. That might just have to be a broken campaign promise, big whoop!

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Congressmen and senators are supposed to be fighting for the American people, their constituents. But when Nancy Pelosi and Chuck Schumer pounced on the president at the Oval Office on Tuesday for whom exactly were they fighting?

The Democrats are willing to sell out the country, law and order be damned, in order to deny Trump a victory over the wall.

A few years ago, they were all for fortifying the border but not now.

A new Gallup world poll found that nearly 160 million people around the world want to emigrate to the United States -- 160 million. How are we supposed to deal with that kind of demand for access to our shores? Obviously we can't absorb half of our current population. Or is that actually what the Democrats want? After all, that would be an entirely new country.

Even though illegals are forbidden access from federally-funded health care, Forbes magazine estimates that 3.9 million uninsured illegals receive about $4.6 billion in health services from the federal government, federal taxes. And $2.8 billion from state and local taxpayers goes to illegal immigrants. And $3 billion from higher payments by insured Americans. In other words, you are paying it because your costs are jacked up.

All told, Americans cross-subsidize health care for unauthorized immigrants to the tune of $18.5 billion a year.

the catch and release policy, and chain migration, have also acted as magnets and that has ballooned our illegal immigrant population. Once in country, they place an enormous stress on local law enforcement. As I said, health care providers and our schools - resources that should be benefiting Americans and legal immigrants - this money should be spent on our people and the people who have respected our laws to come here and not on noncitizens who are illegally present.

Sure, give all the goodies to the illegals and leave the poor and the working-class to pick up the bill.

/source

Illegal immigration is making health care unaffordable for the working class of US Citizens.

Why do Democrats hate working middle class Americans?

FAKE NEWS ALERT: The article above saying illegal immigrants are forbidden access to federally-funded health care isn't quite true. Actually, immigrants who are “qualified non-citizens” are generally eligible for coverage through Medicaid and the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), if they meet their state's income and residency rules. I don't see Republicans, including Trump, complaining all the time about illegals, or "qualified non-citizens", getting welfare and wanting to put a stop to it.

Republicans have ruled Oklahoma for 8 years. The only Oklahoma Republican I know of concerned about the situation is State Sen. Pete Scott, who has found out that the majority of Oklahoma pregnant women getting Medicaid are undocumented immigrants. I guess they look forward to making their babies American citizens. Too bad, though, how that "pro-life" senator wants to do something about it that would deny poor pregnant Oklahoma women, who are citizens, Medicaid. Talk about screw the poor, but that's another thread.

https://kfor.com/2018/12/13/propose...dicaid-program-for-low-income-pregnant-women/

Who is a “Qualified non-citizen”?

Specific list includes:

Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs or green card holders)

Asylees and Refugees

Cuban/Haitian entrants

Parolees for more than 1 year

Battered non-
citizens, spouses and children

Victims of trafficking

Veterans and active military, and their spouses and children

Note: many of these groups are exempt from the 5 year waiting
period

Last edited:

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I'm all for immigration reform and border security, but unless Mexico literally pays for the wall, I ain't buying it. That might just have to be a broken campaign promise, big whoop!
It would help if businesses, including those owned by Republicans, would quit hiring illegal immigrants.

If Mexico and the USA were really good neighbors, they would go 50-50 on paying for the wall.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Here's how to solve this whole thing:
1. Build the wall
2. Set it back two feet off the border
3. Put a six foot to eight foot concrete base under it with motion sensors placed in bays that allow for maintenance and upgrading. Do the same on the top.
4. Change the law so that the wall's 2 foot set back and the 5 foot of wall and 20 foot on interior portion of the wall are zones of no asylum.

That will make it to where any fine person that tries to dig under it or goes over it is trespassing and is not eligible for asylum. They get sent right back to the same spot they started their illegal wall scaling or undermining attempt be it man, woman or child.

Simple

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
On Thursday, House Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., indicated to reporters that she would rather keep the government shut down indefinitely than send a bill to President Trump’s desk that funds a border wall.

https://www.conservativereview.com/...m45eOtdhv1ToPMEvvH9SXVmyZGdLt9UDxWthP2zbrgDhI

So Nancy Pelosi against the will of the American people is willing to shut down the US Government. Elections have consequences and the American people elected a President where one of his primary campaign issues was to build a wall and border security.

Pelosi and others ignore the wish of the American people in what they see as their own best interest.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
On Thursday, House Democratic Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., indicated to reporters that she would rather keep the government shut down indefinitely than send a bill to President Trump’s desk that funds a border wall.

https://www.conservativereview.com/...m45eOtdhv1ToPMEvvH9SXVmyZGdLt9UDxWthP2zbrgDhI

So Nancy Pelosi against the will of the American people is willing to shut down the US Government. Elections have consequences and the American people elected a President where one of his primary campaign issues was to build a wall and border security.

Pelosi and others ignore the wish of the American people in what they see as their own best interest.
Even you have to admit that Hillary won the popular vote by approximately 3 million votes. That said for this argument only I'll give Trump 51% of the vote but only about 40% of eligible voters did. So 20 something percent of the voters voted for Trump and the wall, but what percentage was only interested in that project IF Mexico wasn't paying for it? Cim

Nov 6, 2010
How are we supposed to solve the other countries problems?
It's really not that hard IMO. Are we not in a trade war with China?? Encourage Nike, Levi's, etc, to bring those low paying jobs from China to El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, and the flow would be stemmed almost immediately. Add to that virtually unlimited temp work visas (6 months or so) for anyone from those countries so we can continue to fill our demand for low skilled labor, and you should just about have it dealt with. Add a little US investment in tourism opportunities and there you go.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
It's really not that hard IMO. Are we not in a trade war with China?? Encourage Nike, Levi's, etc, to bring those low paying jobs from China to El Salvador, Honduras and Guatemala, and the flow would be stemmed almost immediately. Add to that virtually unlimited temp work visas (6 months or so) for anyone from those countries so we can continue to fill our demand for low skilled labor, and you should just about have it dealt with. Add a little US investment in tourism opportunities and there you go.
Not sure that solves the corruption that is one of the primary issues.

Jul 20, 2018
The wall as a physical border won't stop much. It will do much more as a symbol that the border is closed. There are other more efficient ways of doing that though.
I'll never understand this comment. Of course a wall stops people. Why do you think there's already 700 miles of wall? It certainly stopped the so-called caravan people from entering the country.

Jul 7, 2004
I actually agree with that and have said the same thing. The problem to be overcome is having to pay off corrupt officials in the Latin American countries which will drive up the costs.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Where Nike makes shoes.

Where Nike Makes Shoes.jpg

List of Levi Strauss Factory and Mills

http://levistrauss.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/Levi-Strauss-Co-Factory-Mill-List-June-2018.pdf

I've always said we need to make work visas easier to obtain.

Last edited: