In-n-out

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
Sep 24, 2007
Have any of you folks that are saying it is the same as Sonic, Braums etc ever lived in an area that had I-N-O or did you just have in once or twice during a trip to California? I've had Braums burgers that were served by a friendly person and were fresh and delicious. I've also had them served by a scary looking individual and they were mediocre at best. I was not particularly impressed with I-N-O the first time either. Good, but not worth the build up. The impressive thing about I-N-O is that it is quality and service that is consistent virtually every time. I don't find that with hardly any other chain. I hope they can keep that up in Texas.
True enough, I've only had I-A-O once, during a trip to SF. It was during Fleet Week, and this was a place near the waterfront, so it was packed. Maybe I just didn't have that great of experienced. I didn't think it was bad, just didn't think it was all that.

And your point about variances with Braum's is well-taken. My nostalgia-tinted glasses are obviously remembering the friendly neighborhood Braum's when I was growing up. They've expanded so much that it's hard to keep that sort of atmosphere and quality control.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
It's true! Southlake is the only Dallas suburb where people say they are from Southlake instead of Dallas when asked where they are from. It's honest, but for the most part people don't know Dallas suburbs unless they're from Dallas.

You and BAMF are exceptions to the rule when it comes to Southlake people.

State

Russian Bot
A/V Subscriber
Mar 15, 2007
Working on the Railroad
I've only been there once and was impressed by the efficiency and cleanliness of the place. I think I had an animal style burger and don't remember it being anything great. I've never been impressed by Braum's or especially Sonic burgers but Whataburger and Lotaburger are pretty good.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
Australia
Steross, your location says that you are in OKC. I thought you went Aussie. Did you come back?
I got delayed. Leave in a couple of weeks. Going to China for a week then on to Aus.

To tie this in to the thread. I am going to I-N-O in LA on the way!

Chris H.

administrator emeritus
A/V Subscriber
Jul 1, 2004
Tulsa, Okla.
chris.hasenpflug.net
It's true! Southlake is the only Dallas suburb where people say they are from Southlake instead of Dallas when asked where they are from. It's honest, but for the most part people don't know Dallas suburbs unless they're from Dallas.
At OSU I always said I was from Grapevine. Which was then followed by "Oh, that's where that big mall is" :rolleyes:

naranjaynegro

Territorial Marshal
Oct 20, 2003
Houston area
Visit site
I was in LA last week and went to IN and OUT for the first time ever. Pretty basic Menu. Their burgers are definitely juicy, that's for sure. It was certainly a cut above the regular fast food burger but I'm not sure it comes close to the Beck's burger that NYP mentions....but the Beck's burger is pricier as well.

I hardly every go to Sonic anymore....I think their quality fell off a cliff. I used to love their #2 burger but can hardly stomach it anymore. I have to give McDonalds kudos for keeping their quality on par along with the cleanliness, most updated versions for their restaurants.

dds115

Free Roverto!!!
Aug 11, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
www.hirecoachgundyscoaches.com

You and BAMF are exceptions to the rule when it comes to Southlake people.
I think a lot of people say their actual home town. For me, it depended who's company I was in. I would say "Southlake" when asked, if I thought the person would know where Southlake is. A good amount of people have heard of it, for one reason or another.

At OSU I always said I was from Grapevine. Which was then followed by "Oh, that's where that big mall is" :rolleyes:
Isn't there a huge friggin airport there, too? :p