In re me

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

DrinkinKoolAid

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
Aug 26, 2008
First off, I will address this one time. And much to the chagrin (im sure) to many of you, this will also be my last post.

I have been out of town for the past week due to a family emergency. My mother has had a brain tumor and her health is dwindling. I have never dealth with these kind of feelings before and i am still trying to stop the world from spinning. I will probably move back home, at least to help my family while she is still with us.

Ive returned this afternoon and a friend tells me about the things said of me on this site. I cant begin to explain the relative indifference i feel about this, especially considering the other new facts surrounding my life when I heard the news. That being said, its a terrible violation of one's privacy, albeit the information posted is publicly available. I have discussed it with my lawyer because some of these things said are not true, and since this is public domain, a user posing true public information that is false is guilty of libel. He said if any of you have any questions about that, you may call him. I will provide his number to anyone who requests it by PM.

To clear the air- in 2002 when i was 19, i met a girl at a party who claimed to be 17. We fooled around, and i later found out she was 15. Real predator there guys. The police were involved. The girl admitted to lying to me and police about her age. If you look at the initial charges, and the ensuing misdemeanor conviction, you would see that my conviction is for the misdemeanor charge outraging public decency- the same charge meted to austin box for urinating in public. You can imagine in the state of oklahoma with these charges, prison is automatic. Luckily, the DA involved had a level head. You may not agree, but the facts are the facts. I am telling you this now so you maybe have an understanding of what is the truth in light of immense message board rhetoric. So be warned, libel is very serious, and an easy one to prove being how well documented electronic communications are.

To reiterate- i am not a felon, i am not a sex offender, was not on probation, am not a predator,never went to prison, didnt go to jail for more than a few hours, and i not so much as gotten more than a speeding ticket since may, 2002. Which is more than one can say for some posters in here.

Yes i am shaun, those are my pictures. And for the record, i thought some of your photoshopped pictures were kind of funny.

Also, i wont be reading this thread after my post, wont be responding to what i can only imagine will be colorful posts. I honestly dont even care anymore, all i can think about is my mother and that i need to be with her. And please dont pervert that statement. My mother does not deserve that.

Good night, and good luck. I wish some of you only the best- and the rest of you, well, shame on you. Take it easy sports fans.

Crazyjewishguywithaninlinev6...out

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I'm just a caveman. I fell on some ice and later got thawed out by some of your scientists. Your world frightens and confuses me! Sometimes the honking horns of your traffic make me want to get out of my BMW.. and run off into the hills, or wherever.. Sometimes when I get a message on my fax machine, I wonder: "Did little demons get inside and type it?" I don't know! My primitive mind can't grasp these concepts. But there is one thing I do know - when a man like my client slips and falls on a sidewalk in front of a public library, then he is entitled to no less than two million in compensatory damages, and two million in punitive damages. Thank you.

verbal

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Mar 26, 2009
First off, I will address this one time. And much to the chagrin (im sure) to many of you, this will also be my last post.

I have been out of town for the past week due to a family emergency. My mother has had a brain tumor and her health is dwindling. I have never dealth with these kind of feelings before and i am still trying to stop the world from spinning. I will probably move back home, at least to help my family while she is still with us.

Ive returned this afternoon and a friend tells me about the things said of me on this site. I cant begin to explain the relative indifference i feel about this, especially considering the other new facts surrounding my life when I heard the news. That being said, its a terrible violation of one's privacy, albeit the information posted is publicly available. I have discussed it with my lawyer because some of these things said are not true, and since this is public domain, a user posing true public information that is false is guilty of libel. He said if any of you have any questions about that, you may call him. I will provide his number to anyone who requests it by PM.

To clear the air- in 2002 when i was 19, i met a girl at a party who claimed to be 17. We fooled around, and i later found out she was 15. Real predator there guys. The police were involved. The girl admitted to lying to me and police about her age. If you look at the initial charges, and the ensuing misdemeanor conviction, you would see that my conviction is for the misdemeanor charge outraging public decency- the same charge meted to austin box for urinating in public. You can imagine in the state of oklahoma with these charges, prison is automatic. Luckily, the DA involved had a level head. You may not agree, but the facts are the facts. I am telling you this now so you maybe have an understanding of what is the truth in light of immense message board rhetoric. So be warned, libel is very serious, and an easy one to prove being how well documented electronic communications are.

To reiterate- i am not a felon, i am not a sex offender, was not on probation, am not a predator,never went to prison, didnt go to jail for more than a few hours, and i not so much as gotten more than a speeding ticket since may, 2002. Which is more than one can say for some posters in here.

Yes i am shaun, those are my pictures. And for the record, i thought some of your photoshopped pictures were kind of funny.

Also, i wont be reading this thread after my post, wont be responding to what i can only imagine will be colorful posts. I honestly dont even care anymore, all i can think about is my mother and that i need to be with her. And please dont pervert that statement. My mother does not deserve that.

Good night, and good luck. I wish some of you only the best- and the rest of you, well, shame on you. Take it easy sports fans.

since the law is very clear about who can consent to sex, doing it with someone who isnt legally able to consent is rape.
Sorry to hear about your mother.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
First off, sorry about your mom. That said, I've been around these message boards for a long time, both OSU and OU boards. I know this isn't the first time you've been ran off a board by people calling you a sex offender. I remember very well that it got pretty ugly for you on the Innerwebs. An OU site. Those people can't stand you over there. Seems you had a creepy thing for Stevo. Anything posted over here is pretty tame compared to how they tore you apart over there so don't act all hurt like this is something new. You aren't suing anyone.

http://www.theinnerwebs.com/showthread.php?t=19013&highlight=shaun

http://www.theinnerwebs.com/showthread.php?t=19015&highlight=shaun

http://www.theinnerwebs.com/showthread.php?t=39464&highlight=shaunhttp://www.theinnerwebs.com/showthread.php?t=39464&highlight=shaun

Oct 6, 2009
Marietta, OK
Sorry to hear about your mother,

That doesn't make anything you have done okay though. Try sueing anyone on here for libel, or slander even.

Facts are facts...

Are you a registered sex offender? I don't mean that in a bad way, I just mean are you required to register in the state as one, so that you cannot live close to a school or wherever or whatever the rules are?

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
First things first - Best wishes for the health of your mother. All prior feelings aside, that's a hard thing you're going through and I respect a man who takes care of his family.

Now - on to this:

I have discussed it with my lawyer because some of these things said are not true, and since this is public domain, a user posing true public information that is false is guilty of libel.
This is categorically false, and I wonder if it might not be a good idea for you to look for a new lawyer should you ever need to prosecute based on libel, defamation or slander charges.

While it is true that proving the falsity of the libelous party's statements is indeed a guaranteed way of helping to win a libel suit, it is not the only thing you must do.

To win a libel suit, the plaintiff must explicitly prove:
A) That the libelous material "is intentionally or negligently disseminated to someone other than the person defamed."
B) That the specific person being defamed is clearly identified.
C) That the material was in fact defamatory.
D) That the material was in fact false
E) That the plaintiff suffered damages (either actual, punitive or special) due to negligence.
F) That there was fault in accordance to the standing of the plaintiff as either a public or a private figure.

Now. Let's back up a bit to Part C.

For a statement to qualify as "defamatory", it must be shown to have lowered a person's reputation in the community as much as to expose the plaintiff to "public hatred, shame, contempt, ridicule or ostracism".

Likewise, it should be noted that defamatory content does not automatically qualify it as libelous, and it is the duty of the plaintiff to prove that the content is in fact defamatory.

Now, I suppose that you could argue that the things posted in reference to your "incident" did indeed expose you to "public hatred, shame, contempt, ridicule and ostracism", though I highly doubt you would find any judge who would agree that the 1,773 active members of OrangePower.com constitute anything that could even vaguely be construed as the public at large.

Also, courts have historically tolerated hyperbole - even when referencing private persons - so the presentation of any exaggerated or extravagant statements made by the OP.com community at large would likely be considered irrelevant.

This brings me to Oklahoma's definitions of defamation, as each state has it's own definitions.

In Oklahoma, defamatory content can either be considered defamatory per se or defamatory per quod. In either case, it is at the discretion of the judge to determine which kind of defamation the material qualifies as.

To qualify as defamatory per se, the words must be "susceptible of but a single meaning" that brings about disgrace, and they are measured "by their natural and probable effect on the minds of average readers."

In other words, they must be a statement of fact (e.g. "I know with 100 percent certainty that John Doe is a child rapist and murderer"), meaning opinion and hyperbole cannot be considered defamatory per se (e.g. "I think John Doe is so creepy that it wouldn't surprise me if he raped and murdered more than a million babies").

In your case, however, since you were in fact charged with both a count of rape and a count of lewd acts with a child under the age of 16 by the State of Oklahoma, there is enough information readily available through the Open Records Act to show that any statements actually have some credibility in reality, thus likely eliminating the likelihood of them being construed as defamatory per se since they are factually based.

The second - defamation per quod - is likely irrelevant in this instance as statements qualifying as defamatory per quod are defined as being reasonably susceptible of both a defamatory and an innocent meaning (e.g. "John Doe is a creepy guy").

In other words, if the statement must be given a meaning which it would not otherwise bear, then it is the duty of the plaintiff to explain the special circumstances or facts that make the words defamatory. And, as I said, in this instance I don't think you'd be able to.

Do that wraps up Part C. Let's take a look at Part D now.

You cannot possibly argue that references to you as a "creep" or any other such term qualifies as "false" due to the fact that you were actually charged with a count of rape in the first degree by instrumentation and a count of lewd acts with a child under 16.

Likewise, precedent established by your behavior toward members of both this message board and others have established that you do have a certain vibe about you (which could be construed as something defamatory per quod), though again - I challenge your lawyer to explain how anything expressed about you here or otherwise could possibly be interpreted as libelous.

Moving on to Part E.

As a private person, you need only prove actual malice in order to have a claim to compensatory damages due to the libel you've received.

However, you must be able to prove in explicit terms that you did indeed suffer damages that are capable of being assessed a monetary amount - even if you're claiming general damages (i.e. compensation for intangible harm).

Now. I find it highly unlikely that you would be able to assign a monetary value for the embarrassment you've suffered on a free online community devoted to Oklahoma State University athletics, but if your lawyer can explain how you might be entitled to some, I'd love to hear his justification.

Moving even further on, I suspect your lawyer might also claim that you are entitled to a false light claim, or that the OP.com community at large is guilty of publicly disclosing private, embarrassing facts. Even still, he might say we have inflicted emotional stress.

Let me just go ahead and clear those up for you so you can spend your time hunting for new legal representation instead of making empty threats.

False light is defined as the purposeful or reckless portrayal of an individual to the public in a false light that is highly offensive to a reasonable person.

Now, many states have done away with false light claims altogether because the tort is too close to libel, but in Oklahoma, false light damages are defined as "the interest to be vindicated due to injury to a person's own feelings."

All plaintiffs must prove actual malice, and all plaintiffs must prove that "the matter is made public by communicating it to the public at large, or to so many persons that the matter must be regarded as substantially certain to become one of public knowledge."

So again, I challenge your lawyer to explain how the 1,773 persons currently active on OP.com constitute the "public at large", seeing as how even all 9,886 people who have become members of the forum only constitute less than .02 percent of the state's total population.

Moving on to the public disclosure of private, embarrassing facts.

In the State of Oklahoma, the defendant is absolutely protected if the information disclosed is available in public record, and seeing as the material in question is indeed available publicly at OCIS.net, there isn't much need to explain this.

Last, as a private figure, you have several things to consider before claiming an infliction of emotional distress.

First, you must prove that the information was disseminated in an extreme and outrageous manner that goes "beyond all possible bounds of decency... to be regarded as atrocious and utterly intolerable in a civilized community."

If your lawyer claims that the statements in question qualify as such, he probably got his degree from an online course.

Second, you as the plaintiff must prove that you suffered severe emotional distress (which you instantly disproved by saying "I cant begin to explain the relative indifference i feel about this"), so it's really a moot point.

So be warned, libel is very serious, and an easy one to prove being how well documented electronic communications are.
No, in fact it's very difficult to prove - even under ideal circumstances - as the number of people who merely have their feelings hurt far outnumber those who have an actual, legitimate claim to any of the number of charges I have just discussed at length.

He said if any of you have any questions about that, you may call him.
I've got a question:

How can you still be an accredited member of The American Bar Association with such ill-conceived notions of what libel, defamation, false light, slander and emotional distress actually are?

verbal

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Mar 26, 2009
For a minute I felt a little bad. But then reading his excuses and rant, knowing a little about the subject (not much though) I knew what he saying about liable was wrong, it quickly went away. And the last part about he being with his mother makes me wonder if there is anything wrong with her. Why would ones mind even think about it if she is so gravely ill?

OSUCHOCTAW

Territorial Marshal
Jul 12, 2007
Stillwater, OK
If you try and sue someone over a message board, then you really are a piece of shit. I feel sorry for anyone's mom going through that. But I don't feel sorry for someone that tries to throw in the towel after months of ridicule. I admit I did not even waste my time reading your bull. You will have a countersuit slapped on your 5:00 o'clock shadow'd ass as fast as you pay your attourney fees.

Get away from this message board. You are a little man. I'd go fishing with pukeorange first. You had your little quirks. I think it's time for you to start making wise decisions rather than being OP's b*tch.

Go give your keys to a doorman and get wasted at a bar. Please.

Mods, please delete his stupid post / lock thread. I'm all for giving condolences for problems, but this is beyond that.

Nov 30, 2008
If you try and sue someone over a message board, then you really are a piece of shit. I feel sorry for anyone's mom going through that. But I don't feel sorry for someone that tries to throw in the towel after months of ridicule. I admit I did not even waste my time reading your bull. You will have a countersuit slapped on your 5:00 o'clock shadow'd ass as fast as you pay your attourney fees.

Get away from this message board. You are a little man. I'd go fishing with pukeorange first. You had your little quirks. I think it's time for you to start making wise decisions rather than being OP's b*tch.

Go give your keys to a doorman and get wasted at a bar. Please.

Mods, please delete his stupid post / lock thread. I'm all for giving condolences for problems, but this is beyond that.
:confused::confused::confused:

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
He isn't suing anyone. Empty threats. I guarantee he didn't really even talk to a lawyer about this. As has been proven, this loser ends up getting ran off of every board he joins for eventually stalking female posters. So none of this is anything new for him.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Nancy I also feel sorry for your mom, she has a dipsh!t like you as a son. Good riddance.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
So by sheer coincidence, the perv's mother falls ill the exact same time he gets outed. And now, with his mother on her death bed mind you, he finds time to write a novel of a post AFTER finding the time to consult an attorney. BULL CRAP!
If your mother truly is ill, my apologies to HER, but you are a colossal POS, for even using her to gain sympathy with people you have gone out of your way to belittle. Run you cur, and tell the rest of your ilk I'm coming, and hell's coming with me, you hear? HELL'S COMIN' WITH ME!

Unbelievable!

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
Yeah, I found the timing of his mother's supposed illness to be somewhat strange, too, especially given the fact that Shaun has been ousted as a pathological liar on numerous boards now.

If she is in fact ill, my deepest sympathies, but I do find it somewhat hard to believe.

On another note, still waiting on a call from that lawyer.

Pretty sure I owned his ass earlier in this thread.

verbal

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Mar 26, 2009
I honestly dont even care anymore, all i can think about is my mother and that i need to be with her. And please dont pervert that statement. My mother does not deserve that.

The timing and these two statements make it hard for me to believe. Who would even go there about their own mom at a time when she could die, only a real sicko if true. And then to end it on a joke? I guess he is really distraught.

OrangeForever

Member of the SAS
Dec 8, 2007
Let's all PM him for his attorney's phone #.
Hell - if you do PM him, copy and paste that message I wrote since he says he's not going to read this thread again.

I'm interested in hearing what this "lawyer" has to say, but not enough so to waste my own time sending him a message.

Besides - I don't want to tempt him to send he an "unsolicited picture of his genitalia", as he apparently did somebody on The Interwebs board.