James Washington may be requesting a trade from the Steelers

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
James Washington approaches Pittsburgh Steelers about requesting trade, source says (espn.com)

Pittsburgh WR room getting too crowded & James not liking what he's seeing as far as playing time goes. Weird after seeing some of the plays he's made for them that he still hasn't gotten the run that I thought he would.
In college, he was a man among boys and could win 50/50 balls on determination alone. In the NFL their are no boys and while he's capable of making plays, he's simply not dynamic enough after the catch. A lot of his catches from Rudolph were of the rainbow type that he managed to win. His combine scores did not lie. Athletically he is not NFL elite and with Roethlisberger having a hard time hitting water from a boat, that doesn't help his situation. He'll survive, and produce for somebody. Just not at the level we got used to at OSU.

Nov 18, 2011
I don’t really follow the Steelers, but surprisingly most of the talk from their fans on social media sites is they agree with him and don’t blame him as he has been underutilized.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Hopefully the Steelers do right by him, and let him go somewhere he can make plays. His NFL combine numbers were fine, and at the end of the day, scouts care about the film. Running a 4.3 doesn't mean you play in the NFL. His skillset plays well in the NFL, but the steelers don't let him take the top of a defense like he did in college, where he was constantly torching DB's down the field. While he's not an elite athlete, his athleticism is well above average and could be a solid #2 receiver IMO given the chance.

Jul 9, 2004
he'll have to find a spot that is best suited for his skillset. he's good at making contested catches, he's a good blocker, is a great locker room guy, and works very hard. but, he lacks elite speed and short area quickness. makes it a little bit difficult to get much seperation.

Dec 9, 2013
I'm kinda glad personally.. I feel like they're wasting his talent in Pittsburgh.

I keep seeing New Orleans and Kansas City being mentioned the most as landing spots.
I would love to see him in KC but if he thinks targets are limited in Pittsburgh. He would be at best the 4th option and probably more like 5 or 6. That’s not saying where he would be on the depth chart but where his targets would land behind Kelce, Hill, Hardman and probably Robinson.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I'm kinda glad personally.. I feel like they're wasting his talent in Pittsburgh.

I keep seeing New Orleans and Kansas City being mentioned the most as landing spots.
I would love to see him in KC but if he thinks targets are limited in Pittsburgh. He would be at best the 4th option and probably more like 5 or 6. That’s not saying where he would be on the depth chart but where his targets would land behind Kelce, Hill, Hardman and probably Robinson.
I very much disagree. Hardman and Robinson are ripe to be passed up on the depth chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 14, 2008
I sure hope James gets an opportunity with a team that can put his skills to good use. I feel bad for him that he barely gets any touches in a contract year. There are a lot of teams out there that could use him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk