Jan. 6 sentencing...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oks10

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
I did start off with I'd like to see elimination of the entire primary system. I was referring to the party primary system there. I may have been less than clear by again using the same word in the above-quoted statement. What I meant (albeit didn't clearly express) is I want a single election (what you're referring to as a general election) with all the candidates that meet the minimal qualifications....irrespective of party affiliation and a run-off if there is no majority single candidate based upon ranked voting.
I'm game. Can we go one step further and remove the letter next to their name as well?

Nov 6, 2010
It's become apparent to me that the Trump worshippers don't really care or believe the election fix story. They just want Trump and are happy that he is out there still pushing the nonsense. The scary part to me is that there are so damn many of them, and so well armed. If they really decide to take the capital next time if he loses, I don't see how they will be stopped. I'm seriously considering voting for the lunatic next time just to keep them appeased for a while. But I'm just so afraid of him with a second term, and all the crazy that he's been ingesting over the last couple of years along with his age. During his first term, he at least had a few sane people around him that could convince him to get rid of the Flynn's and the like, but next time around, I don't see how the nuts aren't fully embraced and listened to. I am really afraid of 2024.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
It's become apparent to me that the Trump worshippers don't really care or believe the election fix story. They just want Trump and are happy that he is out there still pushing the nonsense. The scary part to me is that there are so damn many of them, and so well armed. If they really decide to take the capital next time if he loses, I don't see how they will be stopped. I'm seriously considering voting for the lunatic next time just to keep them appeased for a while. But I'm just so afraid of him with a second term, and all the crazy that he's been ingesting over the last couple of years along with his age. During his first term, he at least had a few sane people around him that could convince him to get rid of the Flynn's and the like, but next time around, I don't see how the nuts aren't fully embraced and listened to. I am really afraid of 2024.
Here's your guy. You may be right, the US military might not be able to stop him.

Screenshot 2021-09-29 104337.jpg

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Trump had ordered him not to comply and he continues to refuse citing Trump's order to not testify

Jan. 6 Panel Moves to Recommend Criminal Charges Against Bannon
The House select committee investigating the Capitol riot will vote next week to recommend a criminal contempt of Congress charge against Stephen K. Bannon after he defied a subpoena.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Trump had ordered him not to comply and he continues to refuse citing Trump's order to not testify

Jan. 6 Panel Moves to Recommend Criminal Charges Against Bannon
The House select committee investigating the Capitol riot will vote next week to recommend a criminal contempt of Congress charge against Stephen K. Bannon after he defied a subpoena.
Trump and his cronies will drag it out as long as possible. Deny, appeal, and sue. All funded by their grifting of the MAGA crowd.

CowboyJD

The Voice of Reason...occasionally......rarely
A/V Subscriber
Dec 10, 2004
That’s kinda funny since it was considered a conspiracy theory back then when people claimed it.
People claimed that all the rioters were invited in by the US Capitol Police.

That was the conspiracy theory.

Not that a single US Capitol Police officer encouraged a participant in the riots to delete social media posts showing participation (by the rioter, not the officer) in the riot....the next day.

US Capitol Police officer pleads not guilty to obstruction of justice charges in connection with January 6 (msn.com)

"Riley was not on duty inside the Capitol building during the attack, prosecutors say, but in the K-9 unit and responded to reports of an explosive device on Capitol Hill that day."