Jeremy Lin

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

HeartLike_JohnStarks

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2008
Streets got my heart, game got my soul
I didn't get to watch as much as I wanted but I got to see a few mins of each of the last 3 qtrs. I agree he looked worn down. His shooting was off but still looked like he was taking good shots was staying in the scheme of the offense for the most part. 8 ast and 6 rebs shows he's staying in the flow of the game.

It's got to be hard going from a 3rd teamer that was lucky to see the floor to 39 minutes a game. The bad news is it's a little late to do extra conditioning to get in shape. He's just going to have get in game shape by playing. I would say he's going to need a night off in the near future. I nearly expect to see a miscellanous calf, thigh, toe, wrist, thumb type of injury put him out a game or two. Although getting a break until Tuesday night could be just what he needs to get some pep back.

Surely, Amare will be back by Tuesday. Sounds like Melo could be back Tuesday as well. That's probably unlikely and there is no reason to rush him back.

I'm really excited to see what happens when they get full strength. I think Lin would be most effective taking 12-15 shots a game depending on how the rest of the team is clicking. Carmelo will be the one that needs to back off the shooting. He doesn't need to be shooting the ball 30+ times a game. If he could settle into the low 20's and take better shots that aren't forced he will be just as effective. Amare has averaged around15 shots and that sounds about right to me.
Apparently they're reporting that he's been walking around with a slight limp around walkaround/practice this morning.
Not surprised considering the amount of time he has played and all that running and bumping in the lane.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Apparently they're reporting that he's been walking around with a slight limp around walkaround/practice this morning.
Not surprised considering the amount of time he has played and all that running and bumping in the lane.
At 23 I hope his limp is from tweaking his ankle or knee. If it is from playing 5 games of basketball he is not in as good a shape as he appears.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Well if you're gonna make an "in yo face!" post it's probably best to do it when he doesn't miss sixteen shots and throw away another six. Just sayin
8-24 is bad but not horrible. 8 assists to 6 turn overs isn't horrible. Backed up by 6 rebound and 3 steals. If this is his bad game he is going to be a great player.

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
8-24 is bad but not horrible. 8 assists to 6 turn overs isn't horrible. Backed up by 6 rebound and 3 steals. If this is his bad game he is going to be a great player.
No it's not bad, but it sure as hell ain't "Nanana boo-boo!" good.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
At 23 I hope his limp is from tweaking his ankle or knee. If it is from playing 5 games of basketball he is not in as good a shape as he appears.
He's essentially been riding the pine since March of 2010. He went from getting 0 mins a game to playing 39+ in 5 games over a 7 day period. There is no way his muscles are prepared for that kind activity. The odds that he has or is going to tweak, pull, strain something are extremely high IMO.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
He's essentially been riding the pine since March of 2010. He went from getting 0 mins a game to playing 39+ in 5 games over a 7 day period. There is no way his muscles are prepared for that kind activity. The odds that he has or is going to tweak, pull, strain something are extremely high IMO.
I would assume he goes hard in practice, plays in summer league and is in great shape otherwise. Either way I would assume he is going to be fine.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
I would assume he goes hard in practice, plays in summer league and is in great shape otherwise. Either way I would assume he is going to be fine.
I agree and I'm sure he is in good shape. I'm not sure there was a Summer League this year due to lockout and they only played a few Pre-Season games. I'm sure in a few weeks he will have adjusted but it doesn't surprise me he's limping around and appeared so exhausted last night. I agree it's likely nothing serious, just some aches and pains.

HeartLike_JohnStarks

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2008
PokeVille did a pretty good job of explaining for this.
Also, he also tweaked his ankle against the Lakers and also against the T'Wolves (where he was running up and down with a noticeable limp at one point in the game)

JoeHero

I don't say blah blah blah
A/V Subscriber
May 8, 2006
Here's some different perspectives on the LINsanity and whether or not it can last. It's a LINteresting read.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-120212/nba-how-long-linsanity-last

5. Lin was #NBArank 467 in August. Where does he belong now?

Jim Cavan, KnickerBlogger: Maybe 466? Kidding! That's totally Sean Marks' territory. This answer hinges on to what extent Lin can keep up this caliber of play. My out-on-a-limb prediction? He finishes the season averaging somewhere around 16 points, eight assists and four rebounds, with solid efficiency numbers to boot. That ought to put him somewhere around, say, 40? Which, oddly enough, is exactly where 2010 Summer League nemesis John Wall was ranked to start the season.
I'll be thoroughly impressed if he ends the year with those numbers.

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
Tonight should be interesting. Looks like Amare will be back. At this point teams have some quality film on him to look at and should have a solid game plan for him.

HeartLike_JohnStarks

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2008
Tonight should be interesting. Looks like Amare will be back. At this point teams have some quality film on him to look at and should have a solid game plan for him.
If they play Chandler off the bench and leave Amare in for offense, then I'd imagine things can only get better. Amare played with Nash under D'Antoni under the same system and that's where he flourished the most. He's won't be the problem. Amare has always been a good teammate too and he will love having more opportunities off the PnR like in Phoenix under 'Toni. The potentially biggest problem will be how Melo will fit in amonst Lin and Amare.

Also, his weaknesses definitely seem still be his jumpshot, but you have to force him to the left side, because most of his shots have been at the right elbow and right side in general. He also an average left hand dribbling proficiency and weak finishing to his left.
....however this might be his biggest weakness

PokeVille

A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2008
He's got to cut down on turnovers. Had 8 tonight. Although, I think 6 of those were in the first half.

HeartLike_JohnStarks

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2008
He's got to cut down on turnovers. Had 8 tonight. Although, I think 6 of those were in the first half.
No doubt. There are times where he tries to be TOO aggressive and try to split double teams without adequate spacing and dribbling into tight spaces. But some of these TOs are a byproduct of his aggressive style , which is a big part of who he is and what has also contributed to his and the Knicks' success; so all in all I think the Knicks don't mind them at all. What he really needs to work on still is avoiding making the flashy type of pass , like threading a bounce pass to Chandler on the run.

Also, like you said, this he has been playing superstar (don't get twist my words here JoeHero) minutes after riding the pine and playing scrub minutes. And also playing a PG in D'Antoni's system also factors in a lot (Nash had around 4 TO's/game his MVP year too) (again, don't twist my words JoeHero- just yet)

HeartLike_JohnStarks

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2008
I actually have a legit excuse to be a Knicks fan now, along with the fact that I have always loved Walt Frazier as a color commentator (wheeling and dealing, slicing and dicing, devasting the defense!) for a long time now. And like Orangefan69 said, seeing the Garden in a frenzy like that sure is amazing. The Linsanity has made the Knicks like a college team- great chemistry and a good bunch of guys all playing unselfishly and together. They're definitely very fun to watch and easy to root for now