Joe Randle is Getting Ready For The Next Game!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OStateMan

Banned
Banned
Feb 4, 2004
Vail, Colorado
This had nothing to do with football but speaking of players dropping the ball...anyone remember how Tony Allen would drive in the paint and leave the ball behind him? Used to drive me crazy lol
It's really hard to drive the paint fast with a basketball in your hands.
You can't have everything, PokeLady211-90210.
Make up your mind.

Jul 28, 2006
Just to try and clear up the running back thing. Tatum Bell led the team in rushing in ’03 followed by Vernand Morency in ’04, Mike Hamilton in ’05, Savage in ’06 and ’07, Hunter in ’08, Toston in ’09, Hunter in ‘2010.
Look at that line of backs. All but Hamilton either are in the the league or spent time in the league. Still Tailback U for sure.

osuwhit

Cutting the grass and listening to Van Halen rap.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
KCMO
Tatum Bell had fumblitis. A young Kendall Hunter performed well and kept the starting job after Bell was injured, IIRC. Bell worked on the fumbles and returned to fill-in service and turned into a reliable quality ball carrier.
Those two were never on the same team. Kendall played with Dontrel Savage.

Feb 16, 2010
Banned to Recruiting
Just gotta remember when he starts getting a lot of tacklers around him to put two hands on the ball. Don't worry about streching the ball to pick up an extra few inches cause it is definitely not worth losing the ball.

Jun 16, 2008
One fumble was a hard helmet to the ball and the other occurred with like 5 Clones trying to strip the ball unsuccessfully for about the first 7 yards.

He's fine. I'd go with him all the way. Kid's a gamer.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Tatum Bell had fumblitis. A young Kendall Hunter performed well and kept the starting job after Bell was injured, IIRC. Bell worked on the fumbles and returned to fill-in service and turned into a reliable quality ball carrier.
Well, I did say IIRC, which obviously I didn't. Keith Toston is who I meant. Carry on.

May 20, 2006
Tulsa
I don't know what the coachs teach but if you are the only guy and surrounded by multiple players from the other team, just get to the ground. Stuggling for extra yards gives them an opportunity to strip the ball.
O how easy it is to say, but o how hard is it to do? Trust me these guys aren't going to just fall down because guys are around them, hell if that were the case we would get but 2 yards a carry. Is it frustrating, yes, but i can handle it better when they are fighting for extra yards than just simply fumbling it away because of a well placed arm tackle attempt. You can teach them to fall down all you want but when your out there and the game is tight or you see that GL or the first down line you automatically try everything to get there. Now that's not to say that they shouldn't be protecting the ball better but that's not what you were saying. The fumbles are bad but our guys fighting for extra yardage or the GL is not the problem, its using both hands and arms to protect the ball.

Jul 9, 2011
Near Bryan/College Station in Iola, TX
I don't know what the coachs teach but if you are the only guy and surrounded by multiple players from the other team, just get to the ground. Stuggling for extra yards gives them an opportunity to strip the ball.
+1 It's what Kendall Hunter learned: when he was surrounded with no escape gap, he just wrapped the ball up with both arms and "borrowed" forward, going down as he went for whatever gain it made. If Randle can learn to do that at the right time all will be good.

Nov 15, 2010
Then what's crap about what I said?

What's wrong with majoring in education or playing in the band?
lowest ACT scores on anycampus,USA. Reflects your future lot in life. Hence your current disability to focus on the obvious.How many times per day at work do you repeat the phrase " want fries with that? "