Just Heard

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Celldweller7

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jul 17, 2004
A very specific place
That is not a good analogy. For it to even come close you have to say that someone ends up giving you the 1,000 shares. As NJAggie stated, UT offered when it looked like an expensive toy (i.e. a cute accessory that you are going to have to pay a lot for), but when ESPN agreed to buy that for them they did not want it. That said, I wouldn't want to be a part of the LHN. From what I have gathered from some UT alumni, they have had to sell their soul. I'm not sure I buy it, but they say that it is actually ESPN that is pushing the conference games and high school crap.
Of course it is ESPN, they've seriously committed themselves financially and they have to figure out how to get it back. While UT has a big audience I don't swimming meets and volleyball games are going to make ESPN $15 million plus costs each year.