Kendal Daniels from Beggs?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
What does anyone know about Kendal Daniels?

He was our lone 4* guy from the 2021 class. I don't remember seeing him much last year. I think he saw some action against Kansas, TCU, and Notre Dame as he redshirted.

With the turnover in our secondary, certainly would be a chance for him to make a contribution. Anyone have any scoop on him and his potential impact this season?

Last edited:

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
He showed well in practices last year, he was just behind older and stronger players. Lots of teammates on social media have indicated he’s the next guy up and should be a stud.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
He's the reason McCalister transferred.:D
I think he’s the day 1 starter.
I agree, but I think it’s for a different safety slot? Definitely could be wrong.

I think
Kendall = KHP
Thomas Harper = McCalister
Tre Sterling = Jason Taylor (which obviously we know works since JT3 took over and played better than Sterling).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
He's the reason McCalister transferred.:D
I think he’s the day 1 starter.
I agree, but I think it’s for a different safety slot? Definitely could be wrong.

I think
Kendall = KHP
Tre Sterling = Jason Taylor (which obviously we know works since JT3 took over and played better than Sterling).

I think Taylors interception/TD against Texas was the biggest play of our season last year. Without it we would have lost that game and who knows what happens the rest of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jan 14, 2006

I think
Kendall = KHP

You're correct but had to use McCalister for the joke to work! Either way I'm not concerned with our safeties at all.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Good info guys... Thx.

But this kinda illustrates what we need to do to make that next step as a program. I believe the only 4* guys on our roster right now are Spencer Sanders and Kendal Daniels.

From what you've said above, Daniels has a chance to be a 4-year starter as has been Sanders.

Gundy and staff have done a really nice job of finding guys that we could develop and win with that were lower rated recruits. But in order to move to Big Dog in the new Big-12, we've got to start getting more of these higher rated type players on our roster. The incoming class this Fall has a record seven 4* guys. So we should see immediate impact from several of those guys, especially at RB and WR.

Just need to see more higher rated guys to make that next step....

Texas Tech and Cincinnati are off to a quick start on their 2023 classes and are currently rated Top-5. Each have four 4* recruits. Would like to see some of those caliber players added in our 2023 class.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Good info guys... Thx.

But this kinda illustrates what we need to do to make that next step as a program. I believe the only 4* guys on our roster right now are Spencer Sanders and Kendal Daniels.

From what you've said above, Daniels has a chance to be a 4-year starter as has been Sanders.

Gundy and staff have done a really nice job of finding guys that we could develop and win with that were lower rated recruits. But in order to move to Big Dog in the new Big-12, we've got to start getting more of these higher rated type players on our roster. The incoming class this Fall has a record seven 4* guys. So we should see immediate impact from several of those guys, especially at RB and WR.

Texas Tech and Cincinnati are off to a quick start on their 2023 classes and are currently rated Top-5. Each have four 4* recruits. Would like to see some of those caliber players added in our 2023 class.
What recruiting services are you using? Cuz in 2022 we had 6 four star composite guys alone.

In 2021, Aden Kelley was a 4 star composite. Collin Oliver was a 3 star composite, 4 star 247 rating.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
What recruiting services are you using? Cuz in 2022 we had 6 four star composite guys alone.

In 2021, Aden Kelley was a 4 star composite. Collin Oliver was a 3 star composite, 4 star 247 rating.

I use Rivals rankings.... I'm sure there is some variance between the various services...

As I said above, the incoming class (i.e., 2022 class) has seven 4* guys in it. Just a bit off our you 6 number..

Dec 9, 2013
Good info guys... Thx.

You point out something that I just recently looked up. Gundy and his staff are so underrated when It comes to maximizing player development and effort and then game planning and motivating to a culture that it’s ridiculous.

Go look at NFL draft picks since 2000. According to what I saw we have had a grand total of33in 22 yrs.

UO-101(9th overall)
TX-71 (20th)
TCU-53
WV-49
KSt-46
Fake Baptists-38
OSU-33
TortillaU-32
AdidasU-18
ISU-17

Unrelated but I posted in another thread that this is something UO fans don’t realize. The sheer talent edge they have had is gone. There are 4 SEC schools ranked ahead of them in terms of draft picks since 2000 and 3 more in the top 20. If you just look at schools from the SEC ranked by draft picks the schools ranked 5-8 have had 330 draft picks since 2000. That is more than double for the Big12 teams ranked 5-8. Sure they will win but I bet their +/- moves from 10 per season to 9 or 8.5. Still a lot of wins but that doesn’t translate into 8 conf titles every 10 yrs.